Yall..LEO GURA WAS MOLESTED!!??

Jonas Long

2 minutes ago, Devin said:

I thought you were suggesting I was judging you.

Judgment, it works both ways, not accepting the world and feeling the world doesn't accept you

You did, you jumped to the judgment that what I was saying would "hold me back" but I don't think you even understood what I said.

7 minutes ago, Devin said:

That's not judgment, it's not like I'm not accepting you. If I'm trying to pull a push door and you tell me it's a push door, that's not judgment

I think you're saying reality isn't perfect, and we're here to make it perfect, and if we do it's game over; which to me is a lie and a lie that causes suffering

No, I'm saying reality is imbalance, and if it weren't it wouldn't be.  No judgment call as to whether that's good or bad.  Like a heart monitor.  A flat line is balance, but it means the heart has stopped.  If a sound wave is still, there is silence.  If the moon eclipses the sun(is in alignment to it) the sun disappears.  Nothing in reality can ever be in perfect balance or harmony, the only constant is change.

Edited by Lester Retsel

1 minute ago, Devin said:

Actually a heart monitor is graphing an electric signal linearly over time, wherever the signal is at any given moment though the rest of the signal doesn't exist at that moment, there's no such thing as balance

So what about what I'm saying do you take issue with

6 minutes ago, Devin said:

-" cause it to vanish"

-" if we were God there'd be nothing to do "

-The idea of perfection, or imperfection, balance and imbalance

The senses can only perceive change, contrast, difference, variance.  Without these there'd be nothing to perceive.  

God has nothing it must do, so it can doing anything/everything.  Nothing to do=no limitations 

Just now, Devin said:

Knowing you're God, being God, will not cause this to vanish, 

"If we were God and perfect there'd be nothing to do" there'd be infinity to do, as we are doing right now

Really knowing that would.  People who are still here don't really know that, even if they say they do.  

Or if they DID, the small subjective, egoic "self" would be gone.

3 minutes ago, Devin said:

If you were God, and realized you were God, you would realize you have infinity to do infinity, you would do infinity, which includes exactly what you're doing and how you're doing it.

Mmmmmkay Devin, you're just repeating yourself now.  I tried to make my pov clear as I could with you.  

9 hours ago, Lester Retsel said:

No, I'm saying reality is imbalance, and if it weren't it wouldn't be.  No judgment call as to whether that's good or bad.  Like a heart monitor.  A flat line is balance, but it means the heart has stopped.  If a sound wave is still, there is silence.  If the moon eclipses the sun(is in alignment to it) the sun disappears.  Nothing in reality can ever be in perfect balance or harmony, the only constant is change.

If a tree falls in the woods and no one if there to hear it, does it make a sound?

8 hours ago, Devin said:

If you were God and have all of infinity and infinite ability, would you not experience everything, including what anyone is going through, or being, or has gone through? Of course you would you have infinity, there's zero chance you wouldn't, even suffering in the holocaust.

Can infinite know finite?

16 minutes ago, Devin said:

infinite can know of concepts, and conceptualize 'knowing', and finite

Oh for sure. There can be an experience of thought attachment, even insanity or delusion, even dishonesty & manipulation, even aggrandizing & purporting via a second or additional self of thoughts. 

But infinite can not know finite. 

This is The Good News as it were… for “those with two good ears”. 

14 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Lester Retsel

Common Les, you can do better. 

Don't call me common...

The other trees can feel the vibration, whatever animals are around can hear it, whatever senses are present can sense it.

You can't isolate a tree falling to a point where it makes no sound.  It needs an environment to exist in, an environment has sensory apparatus of one sort or another.  If there were nothing to sense it it wouldn't make a sound...it wouldn't fall, or it would fall forever and never land.

Edited by Lester Retsel

6 minutes ago, Lester Retsel said:

Don't call me common...

The other trees can feel the vibration, whatever animals are around can hear it, whatever senses are present can sense it.

You can't isolate a tree falling to a point where it makes no sound.  It needs an environment to exist in, an environment has sensory apparatus of one sort or another.  If there were nothing to sense it it wouldn't make a sound...it wouldn't fall, or it would fall forever and never land.

Common Common. These are just conceptualizations with no direct experience to back them up. You can do way way better. 

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

Common Common. These are just conceptualizations with no direct experience to back them up. You can do way way better. 

CommonNahm,

The premise you gave is conceptual....how am I gonna answer it with something other than concepts?

I don't have a direct expert of a tree falling in the woods with no one around....I wasn't there

14 hours ago, Devin said:

If you were God and have all of infinity and infinite ability, would you not experience everything, including what anyone is going through, or being, or has gone through? Of course you would you have infinity, there's zero chance you wouldn't, even suffering in the holocaust.

Infinite can not know finite.