Guys, we did it, we played the finals of the newcomer bands contest and actually got ranked first by the crowd and the jury. Meaning we are allowed to play at a big festival. 

However. We have some music we release together with videos. We have some teasers too. Is there any strategy we should consider how to go about this? Should we actually invest in Instagram ads, youtube ads?

Edited by Nadosa

6 hours ago, Nadosa said:

Guys, we did it, we played the finals ofnewcomer bands contest and actually got ranked first by the crowd and the jury. Meaning we are allowed to play at a big festival. 

However. We have some music we release together with videos. We have some teasers too. Is there any strategy we should consider how to go about this? Should we actually invest in Instagram ads, youtube ads?

@Nadosa  First of all, huge congratulations. You must be over the moon ❤️

I worked in music for many years and represented music by some really famous musicians (Phil Everley/Alice Cooper/Smashmouth/Paul Carrack/The Ventures) and there's absolutely no question that what you're suggesting is important.

Music has almost become a worthless commodity as it's so easy now for anyone to make a track and upload it onto streaming platforms. It's a flooded market and therefore you need to stand out. You need a USP so have a think about that. Try and think like a record label exec. What might they be looking for? Their goal is to make money from you, plain and simple, and so really try and keep this in mind. Just remember all you need to do is get them to notice you. This could be your "message", your look, a new and interesting way of mixing your tracks, the fact that you've already built a large following on social media etc.

Try and get your music in as many places as you can think of. Landr is a good website to have a look at. Once you get your tracks mixed and mastered they will distribute them to 150 different platforms for you. Set up an Insta page, Facebook, YouTube, but also try and get your music on sites like Bandcamp too.

Make sure that you get yourself registered with ASCAP or BMI (If you're in the US) or their equivalent if you're in another country.

Bands and musicians make money from having their music synched in tv, movies and advertising. Try and get your stuff into a music library that does this. I don't mean one that gives away music for free, research Audio Network and look around for other companies like that. Don't EVER give your music away for free. Execs will jump on that and take advantage of you if they notice you've done it before.

Send the sync libraries a demo of your work. Make sure you follow their instructions exactly about how to submit your work to them. They get so much material that they just bin it if it's not done as per their instructions.

Most importantly, enjoy what you're doing. Don't focus too much on "getting famous" or "making money." Of course it's important to have desire to succeed but don't lose interest in the buzz that you get from just playing together. That trump's all of it!

Feel free to message me if you have any specific questions and the very best of luck

😍

On 3/20/2022 at 11:08 AM, Nadosa said:

Guys, we did it, we played the finals of the newcomer bands contest and actually got ranked first by the crowd and the jury. Meaning we are allowed to play at a big festival. 

Nice sound and video! Depends on your funds. Maybe at the festival you get recognized. Don't know how the odds are, but I would wait until the event.

If no one wants to pay for you, you could raise capital through crowdfunding, for example. And then invest in a professional marketing agency that has proven to be successful and is not a scam, of course. Assuming you get more exposure, you can use that to generate more gigs and apply to indie or major labels. The major labels have barely been able to keep up with the indies in recent years. Or you could start your own label. Basically, you could make yourself an entrepreneur and acquire everything that goes with it. Then you can use the experience and knowledge to build a strategy that gives your music momentum. There are many examples of people who have done this. Especially in the hip-hop genre.

However, the odds getting funds using crowdfunding are low, too. So you could also write indie labels, agencies etc. via e.g. LinkedIn. Find out all possibilities.

If this doesn't work and you don't have the funds, you could make money with crypto-currencies. Which is a lot easier than stocks. Found a strategy, which makes 3 digit percentage profits in a week to a month with stocks. But I won't share this with anyone, because I am no financial advisor and also because of responsibility. If you are smart, you may find it out for yourself, but it takes a while. Crypto is really easy. These currencies are mostly irrational. Hence, if a coin goes up multiple days, the probability is high that it will in the future. Combined with technical analysis, this works very well, if you know what you are doing.

Edited by BlendingInfinite

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

There are social media platforms, which are easier to rank and sometimes cheaper than YouTube or Instagram like TikTok etc. . I guess you are aware of that.

What you can also do, is contacting gaming companies, movie production firms etc. . For this, you could move to a city, where these are available and socialize with many people. If you haven't already. Maybe you can begin with startups.

In addition, I would be aware of the metaverse. Concerts will happen there in the future, as sad as it sounds.

Edited by BlendingInfinite

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

Thanks a lot guys!

Unfortunately things turned out terrible. Our Google Ads account got suspended due to "circumventing the system", whatever, not getting anyone personal to talk to but an automated message reply, which just says that we won't be able to reactivate it. Now I am waiting for a recall by Google. 

If our account stays suspended, we will never be able to do any ads in future - which is disastrous tbh. Especially for lil guys like us. It's tough to stay calm at the moment for me. Just wanted to do everything perfectly. Now all ads are locked and our music is not getting spread.

If anyone has any advice...:(

@Nadosa awe man, that's awful! I don't know anything about Google ads, but I put ""circumventing the system" in Google search and tons of stuff came up and ideas to look for and try. It also had where a guy found some Spanish guy hiding on his Google ads, whatever that means, reported it with their appeal and the verdict was overturned.  

Is it something where you can open another Google account to side step this until you can appeal with original account? 

You're a thought. Do you think a thought is going to occupy 'no thought'.

The 'changeless' can be realized only when the 
ever-changing thought-flow stops.

8 hours ago, Faith said:

@Nadosa awe man, that's awful! I don't know anything about Google ads, but I put ""circumventing the system" in Google search and tons of stuff came up and ideas to look for and try. It also had where a guy found some Spanish guy hiding on his Google ads, whatever that means, reported it with their appeal and the verdict was overturned.  

Is it something where you can open another Google account to side step this until you can appeal with original account? 

That's what I did, sidestepping counts as another crime. So that was a huge mistake actually.🙃

Good news again. We won another competition. Now we play another Festival right next to the biggest lake in Germany. 

Right now everything I wrote on the dreamboard came true: lightshow, playing exactly those Festivals I wrote down, having a nice show, music videos etc..incredible.

Still waiting for our Google Ads to be unsupspended 😞

32 minutes ago, Nadosa said:

Good news again. We won another competition.

Because you're awesome! 🤩

32 minutes ago, Nadosa said:

Still waiting for our Google Ads to be unsupspended 😞

So, forgive my ignorance, but can't another band mate use their Google account? 

Ps, don't forget us peons when you hit the big time! 

You're a thought. Do you think a thought is going to occupy 'no thought'.

The 'changeless' can be realized only when the 
ever-changing thought-flow stops.