4 hours ago, Someone here said:

@Joseph Maynor free will is a complete illusion. 

What's the next thought in your mind?  Maybe Donald Trump taking a dumb on the bible..

Isn't our thoughts chaotic and unpredictable and out of whack? 

Free will seems to need a hook to hang on in the form of a self or I that can be free.  I don't take a hard position on this issue because I don't take a hard position on the self vs./and other duality.  I don't take a hard position on truth in relation to the self either.  I'm cool with people who disagree with this too.  I definitely don't want to fight anyone over their point of view regarding the self because that's a dodgy issue from my perspective, and I realize people might not share my fluid and shape-shifty take on the concept of the self and the other.  And I also assume I could be wrong too.  I do not think I have everything figured out.  Just so you know where I'm coming from.  I see truth as a multivarious concept, not a single fixed designation.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

13 hours ago, Someone here said:

Isn't our thoughts chaotic and unpredictable and out of whack? 

‘Our thoughts’ is a thought believed, not grounded in reality / direct experience. That could be said to be anything (chaotic & unpredictable) as it’s not actual. What’s ’out of whack’ isn’t thought. Thought arises seamlessly in perfect accordance and is highly predictable therein. 

@Joseph Maynor

If in fact free will is the thought, ‘free will’, and isn’t actual or a thing… can free will still be thought or believed to ‘need’?

The self which isn’t taking a position, is the taking a position, as it’s inherently a claim that there is a separate self, isn’t it so?

Truth which is a concept is not truth, and is a concept, yes?

10 hours ago, Phil said:

‘Our thoughts’ is a thought believed, not grounded in reality / direct experience. That could be said to be anything (chaotic & unpredictable) as it’s not actual. What’s ’out of whack’ isn’t thought. Thought arises seamlessly in perfect accordance and is highly predictable therein. 

@Joseph Maynor

If in fact free will is the thought, ‘free will’, and isn’t actual or a thing… can free will still be thought or believed to ‘need’?

The self which isn’t taking a position, is the taking a position, as it’s inherently a claim that there is a separate self, isn’t it so?

Truth which is a concept is not truth, and is a concept, yes?

I think the solipsism thing is a trap on the path precisely because it is a belief.  You can't box in Infinity like that.  That's a tool at best.