Chat options?

nurthur11

3 hours ago, nurthur11 said:

It might decrease the forum post rate

Why would we want that? The point was to start a new "forum". 

You're a thought. Do you think a thought is going to occupy 'no thought'.

The 'changeless' can be realized only when the 
ever-changing thought-flow stops.

@nurthur11 The forum serves as a valuable resource for people to read later that we all create as we go. I tried out discord for a while but wasn't really a fan of the platform and it doesn't really foster in depth group conversations in my opinion. People are free to connect with other individuals here however they like, discord, skype, Facebook, etc. 

Youtube Channel  

5 hours ago, Mandy said:

@nurthur11 The forum serves as a valuable resource for people to read later that we all create as we go. I tried out discord for a while but wasn't really a fan of the platform and it doesn't really foster in depth group conversations in my opinion. People are free to connect with other individuals here however they like, discord, skype, Facebook, etc. 

Back on my days forums had like a mini chat on the side, but it is what it is. 

The thing about Discord is that it might be valuable for real time conversation, but imagine how flooded it will be...

The good thing about a forum is that it is quite formal and comfortable by the fact that you can take your own time to read the replies (and won't be worries to miss them), and also put more thought into what you want to say, also giving more time for contemplation. It is indeed slower, and I believe it's the best that way. That way you can take your time to read and process. Also, the quoting system here is freaking amazing.

19 minutes ago, fopylo said:

The thing about Discord is that it might be valuable for real time conversation, but imagine how flooded it will be...

The good thing about a forum is that it is quite formal and comfortable by the fact that you can take your own time to read the replies (and won't be worries to miss them), and also put more thought into what you want to say, also giving more time for contemplation. It is indeed slower, and I believe it's the best that way. That way you can take your time to read and process. Also, the quoting system here is freaking amazing.

💯 

I had make this suggestion here before months. It was deleted by @Faith, because of false cognition.

A discord channel would be good for AoB, as there are not that many spirituality channels and it thus would be easier to rank. Discord becomes more popular and this would be a good oportunity.

@fopyloIf it would be true what you are saying, then the masses would agree with that. However, many people using Discord.

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

Just now, BlendingInfinite said:

If it would be true what you are saying, then the masses would agree with that. However, many people using Discord

Think again who you are talking about when you say "the masses". Of course many people use Discord, but does the purpose for their use match our purpose? If you want to chat a little with some friends or just join some spiritual discord server then go for it, but I think Phil and others here like this kind of forum in which you can take your time to read and that everything is more tidy

@fopylo

Massive means that many people use Discord for their communication. And you are just one person. So it's more likely that Discord is a good option for a communication channel. Also, there are people who get things quickly, and you would have to take the average of everyone to make a judgment. People who learn about spirituality in a chat conversation are in spirituality groups with thousands of members. It sounds to me like you are seeing everything from your personal point of view and not objectively.

Edited by BlendingInfinite

Left means not right

I think we as group members need to focus not only on our personal needs, but also on how we can improve and grow this community. Anyway, that's the case with me out of gratitude. This is why I mentioned the aspect of the current relatively easy way to rank in Discord's search engine.

And maybe most people here want a Discord channel or see they like it if it would be there.

Left means not right

@BlendingInfinite What is AoB?

1 hour ago, BlendingInfinite said:

We could make a poll. But I don't know if the amount of data would be meaningful.

I think it could be a great idea.

1 hour ago, BlendingInfinite said:

but also on how we can improve and grow this community.

This is such a Discord thing, to grow this community lol. For real though, what do you mean by 'growing' this community? Isn't it already perfect as it is?

So, I've personally never been on discord (the crowd gasps 😱).

I went on there just now, went on a nonduality channel with a lot of ppl on it and, um, it was a bunch of mindless, one liner, chatter crap that gave me a headache in 5 min trying to figure out what was going on!? 😅 

6 hours ago, BlendingInfinite said:

deleted by @Faith, because of false cognition

Let it goooooooo, that was months ago. 

10 hours ago, fopylo said:

I think it could be a great idea.

Again, you appear to react in favour of your personal needs. As I said, we don't know, if the amount of data would be meaningful. If 10 people reply, the poll had little information to gather from. And you had already 3 on your side. But, of course your ego ignores that. Because, people always want to be right and don't really care about others or the overall collective.

It would be interesting to see, but not a great idea - because of the above mentioned points.

Left means not right

@BlendingInfinite I gave my opinion of Discord in the 5 min I was on there scrolling the 1 channel. I was honest in saying it was 1 channel and only for 5 min., but I didn't care for it. 

3 hours ago, BlendingInfinite said:

is because you act from a place of lowest instincts.

Really? Wow dude. You really need to relax.

Also, hidden posts are visible to mods. It's clear from your hidden post that you REALLY dislike me (I can see why you hid it),... but that's okay. 😊

Btw, insulting other members (see above quote) is against forum guidelines. Please keep this in mind.