Morality

Mandy

2 hours ago, Phil said:

@Jane

Wouldn't trickery be another apparent condition, not indicative of unconditional? 

Yes it would be a condition, indicative of an unconditional love that allows the condition to be unconditionally conditional because the unconditional beloved includes absolutely everything with nothing ever excluded.

10 hours ago, Mandy said:

Why do you think spirituality is often confused with morality? 

Its more like morality is often confused with spirituality. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

Excellent video on the foundations of morality in Western Philosophy.  Pre-Socratics just means Ancient Greek philosophers/thinkers that came before Socrates.   You can see how Confucius in Chinese Philosophy is very similar to what emerges in Ancient Greek ethics; namely, a moral realism where there exist "laws of morality" that are Good, and that align in some sense with the "laws of nature".  You can see how Epicurus was influenced by Democritus.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

40 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Excellent video on the foundations of morality in Western Philosophy.  Pre-Socratics just means Ancient Greek philosophers/thinkers that came before Socrates.   You can see how Confucius in Chinese Philosophy is very similar to what emerges in Ancient Greek ethics; namely, a moral realism where there exist "laws of morality" that are Good, and that align in some sense with the "laws of nature".  

Thank you for posting the video.  🫶

Isaac Newton said... '' If I have seen further than others, it is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants that have gone before me ''

@Joseph Maynor Joseph, may I ask... Do you think there's a difference between subjective morality and objective morality? I often wonder if they are the same, or is one false and the other true. I would appreciate your opinion, thanks.

( ''Moral realism asserts that objective moral truths exist independently of human beliefs or cultural conventions. It claims that moral statements can be true or false, just like factual statements.'' ) 

7 minutes ago, Jane said:

( ''Moral realism asserts that objective moral truths exist independently of human beliefs or cultural conventions. It claims that moral statements can be true or false, just like factual statements.'' ) 

Does this mean that morals must already be woven into the fabric of absolute being?

And is why the relative mind is able to discern and make distinctions between what is good and bad. It is able to align with absolute truth, as the unknown becomes known. In a meta sense of the word, in this conception of knowledge.

I would appreciate everyone who is following this topic, to voice their opinions on this, thanks. I'm just curious, and have not yet done with learning. I'm still open to receive new information.

Morality has more of religious vibes to me. I don’t see it having to do with spirituality. But most people think spirituality and religion are similar. 

Morality and judgment are similar to me, both very hard to get rid of in yourself, an addictive poison 

Imagine how awesome it would be if there like actually wasn't wrong decisions, wrong ways to go, wrong paths in life.

That would be sooo crazy.

I am the playful and ever-present Source, joyfully embracing every thought and emotion as part of my perfect, unfolding co-creative dream.

3 hours ago, Rose said:

Morality and judgment are similar to me, both very hard to get rid of in yourself, an addictive poison 

That's similar to how certain spiritual "teachings" like to convey that you're supposed to love and accept everything.

Self-developement:carstuck-car-stuck-in-mud.thumb.gif.815207f4d484013be10925667ea3c2d1.gif

Questioning the 'I':

tesla-roadster-2.thumb.gif.d8fc79506a7513281e3e939f0fbbe1fb.gif

I am the playful and ever-present Source, joyfully embracing every thought and emotion as part of my perfect, unfolding co-creative dream.

30 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Imagine how awesome it would be if there like actually wasn't wrong decisions, wrong ways to go, wrong paths in life.

That would be sooo crazy.

Its not crazy. It's the way Hinduism works. It's a fundamental teaching in our culture. There is really no wrong path. If someone is teaching you that you should always think a certain way and this is non duality, then they are limiting it. Spirituality is unlimited, there is no wrong path or wrong way to go, in other words it creates discord in the mind. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

12 minutes ago, Reena said:

Its not crazy. It's the way Hinduism works. It's a fundamental teaching in our culture. There is really no wrong path. If someone is teaching you that you should always think a certain way and this is non duality, then they are limiting it. Spirituality is unlimited, there is no wrong path or wrong way to go, in other words it creates discord in the mind. 

I don't mean spiritual paths specifically.