Is suicide a normal human activity?

Jane

I’ve often wondered why some people in the world feel suicidal even when they don’t actually act on it.

Are people who feel suicidal whether they act on it or not; are they just experimenting with a form of Emptying albeit a radical extreme form of Emptying.

Do some people just realise the purpose of the game of life is to end the game? Maybe because they’ve glimpsed the true emptiness of it all?

Sorry for the sensitive subject topic, but it’s never  my intention to be insensitive. 

Would you rather live In this world with all its ugliness that you at least can know and handle or jump into the unknown by suicide? 

I was suicidal few years ago ..I can tell ya ...thinking about suicide happens when the person feels that the suffering of this world is even worse than death and worthy of taking the risk of jumping into the unknown. 

It's the ultimate arrogance to believe that one can take one's own life. The ultimate arrogance is also the ultimate suffering, is also an innocent misunderstanding and calls for the ultimate love and compassion. 

Youtube Channel  

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

Would you rather live In this world with all its ugliness that you at least can know and handle or jump into the unknown by suicide? 

I was suicidal few years ago ..I can tell ya ...thinking about suicide happens when the person feels that the suffering of this world is even worse than death and worthy of taking the risk of jumping into the unknown. 

I know what it’s like to feel suicidal. 
I also know intuitively that suicide is not the answer to ending one’s existence in an ugly world. Why, because our suffering is when we try to interfere with the natural flow of what is simply life living itself all alone, all one. And that no one who knows they are alive can escape because this is already the ultimate unknowing. 
And  so we are already dead anyway.

I’ve realised that I can’t change what is by wanting it to be any different than what it is.  I have no control or power to interfere with it. To want it to be any different. As the saying goes…”the cactus 🌵 on its own intends no harm”

I also came to realise that we are not who we think we are. We are seemingly in the world, but not of the world.  So there’s no escape any which way we look at this. We are never free because we have never been shackled.

What is there to lose anyway? Nothing. 

1 hour ago, Mandy said:

It's the ultimate arrogance to believe that one can take one's own life. The ultimate arrogance is also the ultimate suffering, is also an innocent misunderstanding and calls for the ultimate love and compassion. 

Very well said. I totally 💯agree Mandy, thanks for your reply. 🙏🫶

4 hours ago, Phil said:

Is misidentification a normal human activity?

Probably, I’m not really certain about what’s normal when it comes to human activity. There’s just what’s happening to no one. 

So even misidentification and misunderstanding is what’s happening. And sometimes these energies do have a habit of getting in the way of what is ultimately the true clarity of being.

Appreciate the feedback Phil. 

10 hours ago, Jane said:

I know what it’s like to feel suicidal. 
I also know intuitively that suicide is not the answer to ending one’s existence in an ugly world. Why, because our suffering is when we try to interfere with the natural flow of what is simply life living itself all alone, all one. And that no one who knows they are alive can escape because this is already the ultimate unknowing. 
And  so we are already dead anyway.

I’ve realised that I can’t change what is by wanting it to be any different than what it is.  I have no control or power to interfere with it. To want it to be any different. As the saying goes…”the cactus 🌵 on its own intends no harm”

I also came to realise that we are not who we think we are. We are seemingly in the world, but not of the world.  So there’s no escape any which way we look at this. We are never free because we have never been shackled.

What is there to lose anyway? Nothing. 

You are far wiser than you know.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Jane said:

I’ve often wondered why some people in the world feel suicidal even when they don’t actually act on it.

Cause there's a belief that death, and fear of death has some kind of an important, meaningful function.

The largest religion in the world is actually death-worship. Why does someone have to die for sins? Why doesn't just making a cool skateboard trick pay for all sin?

The ego confuses love with sacrifice, so that the ultimate love would require ultimate sacrifice.

20 hours ago, Jane said:

Are people who feel suicidal whether they act on it or not; are they just experimenting with a form of Emptying albeit a radical extreme form of Emptying.

No. The opposite. Death isn't an emptying of anything. It's an add-ing.

The belief that death or suicide could be some kind of emptying, a return to god, a healing, a union, a release, is death-worship.

20 hours ago, Jane said:

Do some people just realise the purpose of the game of life is to end the game? Maybe because they’ve glimpsed the true emptiness of it all?

Death isn't an end to the game. It's just more of the game. Again, death-worship.

The cultural story of mankind is pretty much that something is wrong, and someone has to die to make it right. First it was animals. Didn't work. Then it was random people and maybe kids. Didn't work. Then it was the Son of God himself. That doesn't really seem to be working either... Who next?

Death is a projection of a mind that buys into duality. It's a tool of the ego it uses to supplement for God.

First there is a pre-assumption that separation is the case. Then what follows is the belief that two must be united to regain unity. That something needs to happen, or be done to make two into one. And that comes with a shadow of fear.

Non-duality states that nothing needs to be made into one or united, because separation has never occured in the first place. In fact, unity or oneness would actually be doubling down on separation.

Edited by Blessed2

There must be an effortless way.

@Blessed2 Thank you for taking the time to respond.

I have read through all of it, and have to say, agree with you, and that you have made some very insightful points that have helped me understand more about the act of suicide. A subject that I have always been fascinated about, but not in a morbid way, rather, in an introspective way.

So there  is no sacrifice, and the Jesus death was not a sacrifice, rather, it was more of an ego death? Which is the entrance into Nonduality…. Perhaps?

1 hour ago, Jane said:

So there  is no sacrifice, and the Jesus death was not a sacrifice, rather, it was more of an ego death? Which is the entrance into Nonduality…. Perhaps?

I'm not sure what you're asking 🤔

10 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

I'm not sure what you're asking 🤔

I’m not really sure I know what I’m saying tbh. I just make it up as I go along. They’re simply words appearing out the ethers.

I’m thinking maybe there’s no sacrifice because there’s no one here. Just apparitions, images of the imageless and unwritten words….cliches and endless platitudes. Mentation appearing as sound, heard as words.

NEVER mind, for those that mind don’t matter, and those that matter don’t mind.

🤫

One of the few thoughts about death that are not totally insane is that there is nothing in death that cannot be in life.

Like for example, happiness, peace, freedom, release, rest, innocence, forgiveness, atonement, redemption. All of these are fully available in life. There is nothing in death that cannot be in life.

53 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

One of the few thoughts about death that are not totally insane is that there is nothing in death that cannot be in life.

Like for example, happiness, peace, freedom, release, rest, innocence, forgiveness, atonement, redemption. All of these are fully available in life. There is nothing in death that cannot be in life.

This assumes you know what death is ..which is superfluous because you haven't die yet .

Technically there should be no hierarchy in love. Love should be unconditional. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic.