@Mandy I'm interested to try celery juice and I remember that you recommended it somewhere! 😁 I've got some questions:

You drink it first thing in the morning to an empty stomach & wait some time before eating anything else?

Did you experience any sudden 'cleansing effects' when you first tried it?

What positive effects of celery juice have you noticed?

There must be an effortless way.

Yes first thing or at least on an empty stomach. You might experience a trip to the bathroom if you've been holding on to stuff  but nothing too dramatic, I had no ill effects at all. 😆

I had some chronic symptoms, such as pain in my back/abdomen that cleared up and definitely noticed a difference when I was drinking it. I'm too busy now to do it but drink way more water, eat way more fruit and veggies and haven't had it return. It's a really nice tool to have, or return to if something  is off, or if I have a hard time getting over a virus. 

Youtube Channel  

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Mandy said:

Yes first thing or at least on an empty stomach. You might experience a trip to the bathroom if you've been holding on to stuff  but nothing too dramatic, I had no ill effects at all. 😆

I had some chronic symptoms, such as pain in my back/abdomen that cleared up and definitely noticed a difference when I was drinking it. I'm too busy now to do it but drink way more water, eat way more fruit and veggies and haven't had it return. It's a really nice tool to have, or return to if something  is off, or if I have a hard time getting over a virus. 

Thanks!

I'll try it tomorrow morning. Let's see what happens 😁 

How much did you drink it in the morning? Did it get expensive?

Edited by Blessed2

I've heard a lot about celery juice and it's magical powers 🔋 but haven't tried it yet. Although I will say juicing in general is awesome. I had a shot of pure turmeric that my dad made and it cleared up my body if that makes sense. 

Juice made with apple, oranges, and ginger is delicious! 

Also one I want to try is bananas with pear 😋

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

22 minutes ago, WhiteOwl said:

@Mandyit put me off that you cant just blend whole celery But have to juice them, as i only have a blender.

I don't have a juicer either. You can do the same trick by blending it and filtering the mush through a cloth.

1 hour ago, Orb said:

I've heard a lot about celery juice and it's magical powers 🔋 but haven't tried it yet. Although I will say juicing in general is awesome. I had a shot of pure turmeric that my dad made and it cleared up my body if that makes sense. 

Juice made with apple, oranges, and ginger is delicious! 

Also one I want to try is bananas with pear 😋

Yeah, I really want a juicer cause then I can just buy a bunch of healthy crap and make it into a juice and get all the good stuff easily and quickly. 😂

I have the slow masticating juicer just for celery juice. You can juice other things but I don't except rarely cucumbers and apples. Yes, it's really time consuming and expensive. I found that it's really worth it if you're feeling sick or have any chronic symptoms though. 

Youtube Channel  

17 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

I don't have a juicer either. You can do the same trick by blending it and filtering the mush through a cloth.

You can't blend only celery in a blender, talking from experience. Maybe a stick blender idk. Not going to work i think

34 minutes ago, WhiteOwl said:

You can't blend only celery in a blender, talking from experience. Maybe a stick blender idk. Not going to work i think

I already did that 🤔 I didn't even use a cloth to filter it, just a normal iron strainer.

Just add like half a cup of water to make the blending easier, then the celery, blend until mush (don't blend too much) and strain.

Well that wasn't delicious at all. Didn't expect it to taste quite like that. Tastes surprisingly salty / 'mineral rich'. Maybe I'll add some ginger next time.

I didn't drink as much as is recommended, to try it first with a smaller amount. I blended three stems.

Nothing crazy yet. Maybe a bit of a weird feeling in the stomach.

I probably failed to do it correctly, because I had to drink coffee right after it. I just feel so horrible right after waking up that I need my caffeine, could not wait half an hour. 😂 Probably because I'm taking melatonin.

1 hour ago, Blessed2 said:

Well that wasn't delicious at all. Didn't expect it to taste quite like that. Tastes surprisingly salty / 'mineral rich'. Maybe I'll add some ginger next time.

I didn't drink as much as is recommended, to try it first with a smaller amount. I blended three stems.

Nothing crazy yet. Maybe a bit of a weird feeling in the stomach.

I probably failed to do it correctly, because I had to drink coffee right after it. I just feel so horrible right after waking up that I need my caffeine, could not wait half an hour. 😂 Probably because I'm taking melatonin.

Yeah, it's full of minerals. It is not delicious. 😂 Some of the celery makes good juice as far as celery juice is concerned, but some of it makes really bitter juice, it's hit or miss. If the celery is old or grown without enough water, (usually looks like thin stalks) it will usually be really bitter. If you want to go by the Medical Medium suggestions, you want to give yourself 15 min to a half hour without eating or drinking anything after and don't add stuff to it. Coffee early in the morning isn't a great habit and undoing your progress from the celery juice if you're trying to get over an infection of some kind of gut issues. 

Definitely not medical medium approved 😆 but maybe try straight cocoa powder in hot water with some almond milk in place of coffee, that's my favorite right now. 

Youtube Channel  

25 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Coffee early in the morning isn't a great habit and undoing your progress from the celery juice if you're trying to get over an infection of some kind of gut issues. 

Yeah... It's just that I feel so horrible before that first cup. I don't know what it is, it's like I just have to get coffee right after waking up. Sometimes I feel so horrible after waking up that even getting up to make the coffee is painful. 😂 I muster up all my streght and sprint to the coffee maker.

It's probably because I take melatonin and it makes me tired in the mornings. Probably also quitting the antidepressants plays a role here. Bad quality of sleep. Lately I've been getting comments from my girlfriend that I got huge eye bags. 😂

17 minutes ago, Mandy said:

"Slow masticating". Jeez, why is there so many kinds of stuff. I want to just walk into a store and say I want a juicer. "What kind of a juicer?" The kind you put stuff in and it makes juice out of it. 😀 Now I need to google and study juicer types. Being a consumer is a full time job I tell ya

Posted (edited)

I actually do feel a bit clearer in body and mind today. 🤔 Got a weird headache too, but it might also be yesterdays gym. I also feel like I don't need melatonin to fall asleep tonight. Weird clarity in thought.

Tomorrow I'll drink a whole bunch in the morning. I pray Lord, please no diarrhea 🙏🙏

I made the juice already for the morning. This time it came out way darker than before. Before it was bright green, but now it's dark green, sort of dark hazy, brownish even. It looks like one hell of a health drink. I hope I didn't mess it up somehow though.

Edited by Blessed2