5 hours ago, Ges said:

Everything's great!

I'm not sure I get the difference, it's just language to me. I have no problems with being a "person", if that's what being alluded to. Sometimes I make mistakes, sometimes I even fail. I'm just a man after all, and it's just natural. I don't take things personally. If there's an undesired experience for either of us (participants), I try to make it more desirable. All I need is clear communications, not necessarily in the form of guidelines or instructions (I am not a robot, I solved 4 captchas today lol), but more of something like: "I like this", "I appreciate that", "I don't like this", "I don't appreciate that", "This is okay with me", "That is not okay with me".

Is there willingness to investigate the I that has no problem with the I, or the other "I" that might not like this? That investigation is what the forum is here for, so if you're not down for that... if you're sure you already know how it is, I'm not really sure what you're getting out of it. 

Youtube Channel  

32 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Is there willingness to investigate the I that has no problem with the I, or the other "I" that might not like this? That investigation is what the forum is here for, so if you're not down for that... if you're sure you already know how it is, I'm not really sure what you're getting out of it. 

Maybe he has done this.  What he's getting out of it is expressing his original ideas about spirituality.  Why should this site be so adamant about pushing ideas as a precondition for being here?  I don't think that's smart.  I think we need to be more openminded.  There's no need to silence people and shoo them away because they disagree with us.  That's weak sauce in my opinion.  If you want to allow expression, do that, value that.  If not, well people will have to make a decision as to whether their voice is even valued here.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor Identification inhibits honest, authentic expression because identification is resistance to what it is believed to not be. Being doesn't have resistance, and it is not smart. Are you smart Joseph?  Wouldn't it feel better to just feel good and go directly there than needing identifiers to stay in place and believed conditions for feeling good? Smart requires me to continue being right. And for that I need arguments.

That's not what we're here for though. That's not really why you're here, is it? 

Youtube Channel  

35 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Is there willingness to investigate the I that has no problem with the I, or the other "I" that might not like this? That investigation is what the forum is here for

I am investigating with Phil. Join us if you like.

35 minutes ago, Mandy said:

if you're sure you already know how it is, I'm not really sure what you're getting out of it. 

That's like saying if you're really fit and healthy, I'm not really sure what you're getting out of going to the gym. If you're fit and healthy, go away, avoid gyms at all costs and everyone/everything that reminds you of them, eat junk food, then go fall off a cliff, maybe have a car accident, whatever, be creative, just don't be here.

Is this your message, Mandy?

Have faith.

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

The assumption that there are two points of view is not vital or useful, it’s ignorance. Suffering.

Well, I can't speak for you. I can only speak for myself, and there's absolutely no suffering from assuming two points of view.

Whether it's ignorance or not is a matter of opinion, and I respectfully disagree.

Have faith.

5 minutes ago, Mandy said:

You aren't investigating with Phil if there's a Phil. Direct experience, investigate. Then converse. Cart before horse. 

Phil is definitely Phil.  I know what you're doing but it doesn't go as far as I think you think it does.  it's a cop out.  When someone addresses us on the issues we raise, we can pretend we don't exist to evade examination on the merits.  Phil has a lot to say and he has strong opinions to boot.  This gets a little too slick.  You even sound like him in your writing like you're emulating him.  If I didn't know any better I would think that was his writing.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

On 3/4/2024 at 6:20 PM, Phil said:

These beliefs are in defense of a nonexistent self. 

Yes!

Our beliefs are never seen.  Our beliefs inform what is apparently seen, but isn't.  Knowledge can only point to the illusory nature of reality.

From belief to clarity.

On 3/8/2024 at 10:59 AM, Mandy said:

@Joseph Maynor Identification inhibits honest, authentic expression because identification is resistance to what it is believed to not be. Being doesn't have resistance, and it is not smart. Are you smart Joseph?  Wouldn't it feel better to just feel good and go directly there than needing identifiers to stay in place and believed conditions for feeling good? Smart requires me to continue being right. And for that I need arguments.

That's not what we're here for though. That's not really why you're here, is it? 

I don’t understand how this is not identification.  It seems defensive and reactive to me.  I look at action when it comes to being self-absorbed  not to the words people say.  I think I'm pretty smart and I also think you are too.  That's not the issue.  One can be smart and self-absorbed.  If someone were not self-absorbed they would take actions that benefit the whole not get mired in stupid conflict, and I don't take myself out of this, I'm growing too.  The inverse of self-absorbed is being whole-absorbed -- and actually you don't need to even identify I'm just stating a pointer.  The point I respectfully ask you to consider is to look at actions not words more when it comes to being self-absorbed, which exists on a spectrum in "people".  We have to turn on our heartlight like that great Neil Diamond song.

Edited by Joseph Maynor