How do I make the most out of time?

noomii

I believe I have really wasted A LOT of time in my life, that I have used my time wrong and failed.
I also see how focusing on this just makes me waste even more time.

How do I let go of this?
How can I make the most out of the time I
have to create what I want?

Edited by noomii

How to get shite done? -- I'm a fan of creating lists.  I have 5 large whiteboards that I'm always writing on.  Right now I have one where I've listed 43 tasks I want to complete this week.  I probably will fall short of that but just to have them written down I know I will get a portion of those done this week.  The next thing is to triage that list of 43 items and circle the most important things I need to get done this week.  I try to work on my psychology because I would literally meditate all week and get nothing done and be content but not happy.  The reason I'm not happy is because I've put off lots of things I need to be doing to survive.  It's very difficult for me to be practical and get practical things done.   have a small whiteboard where I track what my next 5 tasks are.  That way I know what I need to do next.  I find for me to get a lot done I have to be entirely organized, but that's just me.  I have to see what I'm doing and be on board with my mission to be fully engaged.  I'm not a busy-bee person by nature so I have to do a lot of work to ramp myself up to take lots of action.  I also find comfort in knowing what I am doing and why and I like a lot of planning before I take action.  That has pros and cons because if I don't feel like I've adequately planned, I err on the side of not doing anything.  And that non-action just piles up on its own and creates a lot of foreseeable problems for me.  I like going on well-defined missions where I've prepared and am energetically on board.  I'm an ENTJ, so this is part of my Extroverted Thinking dominant cognitive function.  Some personalities are opposite where they hate any kind of planning.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Phil said:

@noomii

Talk it through. How so? 

It feels like what I'm doing to change things doesn't work that much.

One good thing is that meditation feels better than before, I'm doing 50 min and I think I'm going to add more time.

I think I'm going to start questioning thoughts more, but it feels difficult to start. Maybe because of overwhelment about how many things I think I need to get done. 

I don't think overwhelment is that easy to notice either.

It feels difficult to make plans or to do things I actually want.

It feels like time passes by so quickly and I feel like I'm always behind with daily tasks.

It feels horrible living with my parents and I want to get away now but I don't know how. 

2 hours ago, noomii said:

One good thing is that meditation feels better than before, I'm doing 50 min and I think I'm going to add more time.

That’s great!!

2 hours ago, noomii said:

It feels like what I'm doing to change things doesn't work that much.

May I ask, to be on the same page, what are doing which isn’t working? 

4 hours ago, noomii said:

As weird as it may sound at first, true growth won't come to you through the soul but through the physical body. The soul doesn't limit you and doesn't keep your trauma; it's already your highest self. You might have heard of the book, its content being irrelevant, 'the body keeps the score'.

Many teachers and gurus, Phil etc included, guide you towards meditation to heal, which generally tends to create a spiritual form of escape because the trauma and programmes do not change from this approach in any way (btw. nothing wrong with meditation if used properly!).

Instead, you can always focus on cleaning up your trauma on the cellular level, i.e. integrate the lessons the 'outside' universe provides, literally, at any given time. Or you can sit on this forum for years like others having nothing to show for it.

What's being taught here - this form of spiritual practice - is a spiritual bypassing and Phil rather than being a lightworker is a gaslight worker, even though being unaware of it and having opposite intentions.

How's your dysbiosis? 🙂

14 hours ago, ThePoint said:

As weird as it may sound at first, true growth won't come to you through the soul but through the physical body. 

Then what do you suggest I do with "my physical body"?

Many teachers and gurus, Phil etc included, guide you towards meditation to heal, which generally tends to create a spiritual form of escape because the trauma and programmes do not change from this approach in any way (btw. nothing wrong with meditation if used properly!).

I'm not using meditation to escape anything.

Instead, you can always focus on cleaning up your trauma on the cellular level, i.e. integrate the lessons the 'outside' universe provides, literally, at any given time. Or you can sit on this forum for years like others having nothing to show for it.

What's being taught here - this form of spiritual practice - is a spiritual bypassing and Phil rather than being a lightworker is a gaslight worker, even though being unaware of it and having opposite intentions.

How do you suggest I clean up my trauma, if it's not with any of the suggested practices on Phil's website?

How is it spiritual bypassing?

How's your dysbiosis? 🙂

It's healing, thanks. I'd rather not talk about it here as it's off-topic

On 3/4/2024 at 7:49 PM, Joseph Maynor said:

How to get shite done? -- I'm a fan of creating lists.  I have 5 large whiteboards that I'm always writing on.  Right now I have one where I've listed 43 tasks I want to complete this week.  I probably will fall short of that but just to have them written down I know I will get a portion of those done this week.  The next thing is to triage that list of 43 items and circle the most important things I need to get done this week.  I try to work on my psychology because I would literally meditate all week and get nothing done and be content but not happy.  The reason I'm not happy is because I've put off lots of things I need to be doing to survive.  It's very difficult for me to be practical and get practical things done.   have a small whiteboard where I track what my next 5 tasks are.  That way I know what I need to do next.  I find for me to get a lot done I have to be entirely organized, but that's just me.  I have to see what I'm doing and be on board with my mission to be fully engaged.  I'm not a busy-bee person by nature so I have to do a lot of work to ramp myself up to take lots of action.  I also find comfort in knowing what I am doing and why and I like a lot of planning before I take action.  That has pros and cons because if I don't feel like I've adequately planned, I err on the side of not doing anything.  And that non-action just piles up on its own and creates a lot of foreseeable problems for me.  I like going on well-defined missions where I've prepared and am energetically on board.  I'm an ENTJ, so this is part of my Extroverted Thinking dominant cognitive function.  Some personalities are opposite where they hate any kind of planning.

Thanks for sharing.

I make lists everyday but I think I'm going to use my dream board more for even smaller tasks. Not in the same way as a "to do- list" though, more like setting an intention and let it be. I think it's better to see it clearly on the board instead of my phone. 

I think the problem I experience with productivity is an emotional issue, I'm not thinking clearly and I'm not focused

Thinking isn’t happening.

The thought, ‘thinking’ or ‘I’m thinking’ appears. 

You’re appearing as thoughts, and being focus. 

There is no second self which is not thinking clearly. 

There is no second self which is not focused. 

With each arising of those discordant thoughts, the discord of the thoughtsthe beliefs - is felt. 

“I’m not thinking clearly” & “I’m not focused” are an internalizing of the discord. 

The discord is believed to be about or of you, as if you weren’t absolute pure goodness.

The discord is actually of the thoughts, because the thoughts aren’t true. 

It’s a matter of acknowledging the ‘stepping in the same hole’; and going a different way. 

As many time as it takes. 

Each is alignment. 

Joy. 

One can not think oneself.

The call for this contemplation is suffering, namely; existential rumination, anxiety, or depression.

Mental anguish, misery, or, suffering, is the experience of feeling…
and a resistant thought.

The resistant thought is believed to be true.

The feeling of discord is believed to be because the thought is true.

The feeling of discord arises precisely because, the thought is not true.

Awareness is aware of thoughts.

All thoughts.

No thought ever defines the awareness,
which is prior to & aware of…thoughts.

(Another word for awareness is beauty). 

AN EXAMPLE

Nancy looks in the mirror each morning, see’s that she is aging, and is concerned…

https://www.actualityofbeing.com/self-referential-thoughts

3 hours ago, Phil said:

Sorry… what are you doing which isn’t working? 

It might also be worthwhile to question the validity of ‘the doer’.  Perhaps not at the moment though.

I'm not sure.

I think I've been acknowledging emotions a lot, it seems like maybe I'm not doing it enough when I don't see the changes I want.

I've thought that I've been meditating incorrectly. Now I think I'm doing it right, I don't notice a lot of changes it's mostly just a subtle difference, maybe I will notice more later.

Or maybe there is some other technique I need to use. I don't know. 

Do I really need to question thoughts in order to simply feel relaxed and at peace?

I just want to let go of all suffering, that's all 🤷‍♀️

3 hours ago, Phil said:

Thinking isn’t happening.

The thought, ‘thinking’ or ‘I’m thinking’ appears. 

You’re appearing as thoughts, and being focus. 

There is no second self which is not thinking clearly. 

There is no second self which is not focused. 

With each arising of those discordant thoughts, the discord of the thoughtsthe beliefs - is felt. 

“I’m not thinking clearly” & “I’m not focused” are an internalizing of the discord. 

What if I'm trying to describe an experience to someone?

3 hours ago, Phil said:

The discord is believed to be about or of you, as if you weren’t absolute pure goodness.

The discord is actually of the thoughts, because the thoughts aren’t true. 

It’s a matter of acknowledging the ‘stepping in the same hole’; and going a different way. 

As many time as it takes. 

Each is alignment. 

Joy. 

One can not think oneself.

The call for this contemplation is suffering, namely; existential rumination, anxiety, or depression.

Mental anguish, misery, or, suffering, is the experience of feeling…
and a resistant thought.

The resistant thought is believed to be true.

The feeling of discord is believed to be because the thought is true.

The feeling of discord arises precisely because, the thought is not true.

Awareness is aware of thoughts.

All thoughts.

No thought ever defines the awareness,
which is prior to & aware of…thoughts.

(Another word for awareness is beauty). 

AN EXAMPLE

Nancy looks in the mirror each morning, see’s that she is aging, and is concerned…

https://www.actualityofbeing.com/self-referential-thoughts

❤️ thank you!

3 minutes ago, noomii said:

I'm not sure.

That’s a best case scenario answer. If you’re not sure what you’re doing isn’t working, now there is the possibility, that what you’re doing is working. 

… and maybe an opportunity to notice / catch a little ‘being hard on yourself’. 

I think I've been acknowledging emotions a lot, it seems like maybe I'm not doing it enough when I don't see the changes I want.

What emotion is felt alongside the thought ‘I’m not doing it enough’? 

What are the changes you want, that you aren’t seeing?

I've thought that I've been meditating incorrectly. Now I think I'm doing it right, I don't notice a lot of changes it's mostly just a subtle difference, maybe I will notice more later.

Or maybe there is some other technique I need to use. I don't know. 

If you want to share your technique to get ‘two cents’ feel free. It’s hard to comment otherwise. 🙂

Do I really need to question thoughts in order to simply feel relaxed and at peace?

No. Relaxed peacefulness is you / the nature of being. 

Being this means the overlooking of that / of you / your inherent peacefulness and ease / effortlessness. 

So that’s where questioning the thoughts come in. To dispel beliefs / conditioning. 

I just want to let go of all suffering, that's all 🤷‍♀️

Add no resistance to experience. 

If & when resistance arises / is felt… relax / de-contract… express / release. 

When a ‘hard on yourself’ thought is noticed… flip the script… and bring to mind, say and or write an aligned thought. Writing seems to be most affirming, and therein most resonating. Biggest ‘bang for your buck’ so to speak. 

Keep it simple:

‘I’m not doing enough’….

‘I am doing enough’. 

I’m doing what I can, in this moment now, and that is enough’. 

4 hours ago, noomii said:

I'm not sure.

I would rewatch or watch this video if you haven't already. 

It might be helpful to go more broad when expressing emotions, instead of trying to figure out exactly what emotion some situation has you feeling, to do it more like it is described in this video. I notice a lot of emotions surfacing when expressing emotions in this way at least.

23 hours ago, noomii said:

Then what do you suggest I do with "my physical body"?

I don't suggest you do anything, I'm not working with you directly and wouldn't do so.

Your physical body will take care of you using dis-ease and suffering as means and guidance. 

You will go in circles until you mature enough to take responsibility for yourself.

Or physically die, rinse, repeat to learn the same lessons.

Funghi and bacteria are our recyclers, they take what's dead, unnecessary, without purpose, and turn it into a fertiliser for future growth. Why do you think a person might have an overgrowth of these in their body 🙂?

I'm not using meditation to escape anything.

Sure. What are you "using" meditation for in your own words? 

I don't care about the answer. It's just nice to make yourself aware.

How do you suggest I clean up my trauma, if it's not with any of the suggested practices on Phil's website?

I don't know the suggested practices. 

I can see a dream board, meditation, journaling, and a loophole shake.

First three are the most basic things he could copy from whatever resource, these are not healing tools as I would call them and won't do anything for you regarding the issues you have. Neither will expressing, releasing, and letting go of thoughts as you imagine it will. Momentarily, sure.

Then back in the loop.

Loophole shake won't do any good for your considering your biome and how peanuts, bananas, and powdered meals affect it.

Calling these things tools is hilarious in itself I must admit.

How is it spiritual bypassing?

By the very definition.

It's healing, thanks. I'd rather not talk about it here as it's off-topic

Until it's dealt with it will always be on topic and also the biggest cause of your problems.

Have fun, after all that's all there's to do 

Edited by ThePoint

23 hours ago, Phil said:

That’s a best case scenario answer. If you’re not sure what you’re doing isn’t working, now there is the possibility, that what you’re doing is working. 

… and maybe an opportunity to notice / catch a little ‘being hard on yourself’. 

Also, obviously what I don't think is working is taking action. Either I'm trying very hard to change things with action but not much changes or I avoid taking action because of how it feels (overwhelment or fear?).

And I don't think I've been questioning thoughts in a contemplative way that much either.

23 hours ago, Phil said:

What emotion is felt alongside the thought ‘I’m not doing it enough’? 

Guilt or unworthiness

23 hours ago, Phil said:

What are the changes you want, that you aren’t seeing?

I want it to feel easy to take action/focus on what I truly want to do and to be productive.
To feel relaxed and at peace.
To let go of the judgmental thoughts, perfectionism and "I'm not good enough".
To move to a new place. I'm going to move in June but I feel impatience. 😂
To do a lot of fun things and to travel a lot.
To love and feel deeply connected to everyone around me.

23 hours ago, Phil said:

If you want to share your technique to get ‘two cents’ feel free. It’s hard to comment otherwise. 🙂

Breath awareness

23 hours ago, Phil said:

No. Relaxed peacefulness is you / the nature of being. 

Being this means the overlooking of that / of you / your inherent peacefulness and ease / effortlessness. 

So that’s where questioning the thoughts come in. To dispel beliefs / conditioning. 

Reading that it seems to me like I need to do what I was asking.

19 hours ago, WhiteOwl said:

I would rewatch or watch this video if you haven't already. 

It might be helpful to go more broad when expressing emotions, instead of trying to figure out exactly what emotion some situation has you feeling, to do it more like it is described in this video. I notice a lot of emotions surfacing when expressing emotions in this way at least.

Thanks I will take a look at it 🙂

5 hours ago, ThePoint said:

By the very definition.

What content Phil shares is spiritual bypassing?

5 hours ago, ThePoint said:

Until it's dealt with it will always be on topic and also the biggest cause of your problems.

In what way is the gut disorders the cause of what I shared in the OP or other problems I experience that you have in mind?

I know there's sources saying brainfog, anxiety and depression can be caused by digestive issues. I don't think it's the root cause anymore, but maybe I'm wrong.

I'm also doing Andy Cutlers protocol for heavy metals, which they say is causing all sorts of things, including digestive issues.