How do I make the most out of time?

noomii

2 hours ago, noomii said:

Also, obviously what I don't think is working is taking action. Either I'm trying very hard to change things with action but not much changes or I avoid taking action because of how it feels (overwhelment or fear?).

Yes, like vacuuming a floor without the vacuum being plugged in. Uninspired action. One can do that, but as you said there is little to no change and little to no enjoyment. Inevitably it’s like… there must be more to life than this, there must be a better way, isn’t it so? Well, there is. Alignment & inspired action, actually enjoying life. This means unfettering being. Dispelling conditioning, discordant beliefs. Especially beliefs about yourself which don’t resonate with the nature of ‘your’ being. 

Why “unfettering”? Because the nature of being is pure goodness already… which never comes & goes, is eternal, and is only obscured… by discordant thoughts. 

Wouldn’t it be great if I could just say this, and you could just hear this, and that’s all there was to it? It would be. But it doesn’t work that way. 

Why? Because without inspecting and dispelling discordant thoughts & interpretations (beliefs), namely as it relates to suppression… the same discordant thoughts & interpretations keep arising. 

Honing in on ‘I avoid taking action because of how it feels’ - replace it, with a specific emotion… and welcome & feel that emotion. This might initially seem like ‘why in the world would I want to feel more of negative or discordant emotion!?’ To which I would propose, as thought labels emotions “it”, emotions aren’t per se actually being allowed to be felt. This is referred to as aversion (from emotions & feeling). 

What you want is to feel amazing, to feel as yourself, period. Yes? 

If what you wanted was water, you’d go directly to the faucet right? 

If what’s wanted is ‘feeling better’, feeling amazing, feeling as yourself - go directly to - feeling. 

Emotion(s) is the direct route to feeling. 

The ‘why’ of wanting to feel all emotions fully is changing interpretations. Alignment. The more thoughts about feeling / emotions are believed, the less feeling / emotion is allowed. The more emotions are acknowledged, the more the fullness, completeness & wholeness of feeling is pronounced. The more feeling is pronounced, the more assuredness, confidence, stability, clarity, enthusiasm, eagerness and passion are. 

The ‘weird’ aspect here is that’s already the case. (Bear with me). So there’s nothing you can do to cause this. As you said, action isn’t really working. It’s a matter of uncovering, unfettering - dispelling discordant beliefs, aligning thought with feeling. This is ‘plugging the vacuum in’… allowing the electricity… and that is the change, enjoyment, and feeling as yourself, which is sought. This means seeking to feel better from outside yourself, such as from others, relationships, peak experience(s), substances, etc - coming to an end. Doesn’t mean not experiencing relationships etc - it just means not seeking to feel better from outside yourself. 

Dispelling discordant beliefs and interpretations and feeling emotions fully is initially much like barfing. Might be easygoing at times, might be rough as hell at times. But just like you wouldn’t hold a mouth full of barf, keeping nausea & indigestion going… this is no longer holding in discordant beliefs & interpretations… and keeping the suffering going. The emptying is actually what you want, just like with barfing. 

(Barfing) https://www.actualityofbeing.com/just-let-source-take-out-the-garbage

And I don't think I've been questioning thoughts in a contemplative way that much either.

Depends how it’s framed. Contemplation imo is going prior, deep within oneself. Questioning thoughts is lighter. Both can be highly enjoyable and fun. Even with the ‘barfing’… it can be challenging, yet it’s relief, releasing, and all that’s released is discordant. All that is Good, is you, and remains. 

Keep it simple, and go from there. The simplest way to question thoughts is - is it true? 

Wether yes or no…

Why do I think this way? When did I learn to think this way? 

Explore that fully… and then apply appreciation, compassion for why people do what they do. 

You are doing best, yes? 

Everyone else is to. 

You don’t really know what the hell is even going on. It’s just - here you are. 

Well, same for everyone else. 

Imo a great framing for all of this is - breaking the cycle(s). 

Prior to dispelling discordant beliefs & emptying… one is reactionary, experiencing impatience, irritation, frustration, etc. Inner & outer conflict(s). Even resentment, harm or violence. Seeking to feel better externally. 

After - one is patient, compassionate, loving. 

For reference… What Is Deep Emotional Work (GPT)

https://chat.openai.com/share/46fb40b1-3622-4891-be07-5215656a1be3

Guilt or unworthiness

Do you acknowledge guilt & unworthiness are guidance, in regard to how some thoughts, like ‘I’m not doing enough’ or ‘I’m not good enough’ - feel

Just like a burning sensation is guidance for putting your hand on a hot stove?

If you do - what is the message therein?

And what is a better feeling, more aligned & resonating thought? 

I want it to feel easy to take action/focus on what I truly want to do and to be productive.
To feel relaxed and at peace.
To let go of the judgmental thoughts, perfectionism and "I'm not good enough".
To move to a new place. I'm going to move in June but I feel impatience. 😂
To do a lot of fun things and to travel a lot.
To love and feel deeply connected to everyone around me.

That’s beautiful! How do those thoughts feel, compared to the discordant thoughts? 

Does that shed light on the situation, or, what’s being said?

That discord is of the thoughts… emotions lower on the scale are how discordant thoughts feel… emotions higher on the scale are how aligned thoughts feel…?

One of the simplest and yet most profound things I’ve heard was from @Mandy on one of the group calls (maybe you were on it idk). It was, ‘how do I want to feel today?’ That’s a very powerful thought. That means as ‘old’ discordant thought arise - they’re let go. No fed attention, not dwelt on, just let go. You’ll find that peace, contentment is nature as you do. And that there is ‘reaching for a better feeling thought’, such as with emotions higher than contentment emotional scale wise. Thought patterns happen, and discordant thoughts arising diminishes as the thoughts are let go. 

There is also expediting, or cathartic healing modalities. These releases ‘stoke’ passion & creativity (by unfettering you). Have you experienced any? It’s a long list, hopefully not overwhelming, but there’s a large variety available. Maybe try one and see how it is. Then maybe another.  

There is also Louise Hay’s list of ailments and affirmations. I would search it for any ailments experienced, and employ the recommended daily affirmations. 

(For safe measure, I don’t mean ‘and stop taking medications, therapy, checking with a doctor, etc’)

Breath awareness

You might be referring this Breath Awareness (idk). If not, there might be an insight or two there. If you have any specific questions about technique or how it’s going, feel free. Imo that’s a great meditation to allow the mind to clear and the body to relax. I would give the list a once over as well, specifically all of the meditations prior to that one, just to see if any resonate as far as releasing (forgiveness etc). 

Reading that it seems to me like I need to do what I was asking.

Books could be written about that but as you mentioned it’s ‘working’, I’ll just say - then keep with it. ♥️ 

On 3/7/2024 at 7:05 PM, noomii said:

What content Phil shares is spiritual bypassing?

Not sure what you mean by content. Nothing's wrong with the method he shares. Most of them are rather useless and do not offer any lasting effects, but I imagine it's just a collection of stuff he found online.

I.e., somewhere where you will find mostly trash, more and more so.

Generally, his entire guidance work on the forum is biased towards spiritual bypassing. He's stuck on a shallow realisation and pushes it against others becoming a source of drama rather than the opposite. The state of Phil is mirrored perfectly in the form of this forum, community, people he attracts here and the neverending confusion and conflict with no resolution. Combined with his rather low awareness which he happily reinforces it's a recipe for... well, actualityofbeing.com

I'm also doing Andy Cutlers protocol for heavy metals, which they say is causing all sorts of things, including digestive issues.

You don't have mercury fillings, do you? I mostly associate this protocol with Weston Price's work, I've never used it with my clients and I'm not very familiar with it.

I use a 7 day detox protocol and it generally brings you to state zero, baseline health, no parasitic/fungi infections, no heavy metals, no gut problems, proper elimination, digestion etc etc. The state you're in after that is likely something you have never experienced in your lifetime. Generally, I do three of these in 6 months with people I work with.

In what way is the gut disorders the cause of what I shared in the OP or other problems I experience that you have in mind?

I know there's sources saying brainfog, anxiety and depression can be caused by digestive issues. I don't think it's the root cause anymore, but maybe I'm wrong.

Well, there've been books written about it. Even Newtonian, conventional, medicine is catching up. Random Google search:

https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/the-gut-brain-connection

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/body/the-gut-brain-connection

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/wellness-and-prevention/the-brain-gut-connection

But our studies and others show that it may also be the other way around. Researchers are finding evidence that irritation in the gastrointestinal system may send signals to the central nervous system (CNS) that trigger mood changes.

Ha. No shit.

But from a holistic medicine perspective, the gut being the first thing that forms in the womb during pregnancy, it is a crucial and focal point to your life, i.e. digesting and eliminating your experience in all aspects of it 🙂.

No dis-ease is a disease really. There's nothing wrong with you ever. It is a means of learning a lesson from it. You have your issues because something in your past caused them, they are maintained either because you're perpetuating this pattern or it's really bad that it won't 'heal by itself'.

If you don't have a complete abundance in your health, finances, relationships, or any other area of your life that's some love you're withholding from yourself.

I don't know where you're at, but to give you some benchmark...

When I work with someone with severe issues we generally tend to clean up parasitic infections in 7-10 days, we heal chronic pains and chronic conditions in around 2-3 weeks depending on how deep it goes, any mood swings, energy imbalances, periods of low/high energy etc. we aim to eliminate withing initial 6 weeks. Just to make sure, occasional colds, flu, mucus anywhere in the body, belly fat, love handles, waking up unrested, difficulties sleeping, anxiety, brain fog you've mentioned, and the list goes on... None of these are normal.

Where I'm going with that, is that if you're not getting results in similar timeframes, and I don't know whether you do or not, perhaps look into finding a practitioner to work with, I'm sure there's someone in your area who could be of help.

2 hours ago, ThePoint said:

Not sure what you mean by content.

I meant any information he shares here on the forum, youtube or his website.

Nothing's wrong with the method he shares. Most of them are rather useless and do not offer any lasting effects, but I imagine it's just a collection of stuff he found online.

I.e., somewhere where you will find mostly trash, more and more so.

Generally, his entire guidance work on the forum is biased towards spiritual bypassing. He's stuck on a shallow realisation and pushes it against others becoming a source of drama rather than the opposite. The state of Phil is mirrored perfectly in the form of this forum, community, people he attracts here and the neverending confusion and conflict with no resolution. Combined with his rather low awareness which he happily reinforces it's a recipe for... well, actualityofbeing.com

Makes me curious about what method you use to let go of beliefs, that have offered you lasting improvement and that you consider not to be spiritual bypassing.

You don't have mercury fillings, do you?

No but that's not the only source of heavy metals.

Where I'm going with that, is that if you're not getting results in similar timeframes, and I don't know whether you do or not, perhaps look into finding a practitioner to work with, I'm sure there's someone in your area who could be of help.

I've already been working with a holistic nutritionist a few years ago when I thought the root cause for most symptoms I experienced was SIBO, dysbiosis etc.

We didn't do any special diets because I still experienced issues with orthorexia. She just told me it's most important I cut out dairy, gluten and that I eat the rainbow everyday (foods with all colors).
I'm not interested in seeing a practitioner and I'm mainly focused on emotional healing right now.

25 minutes ago, noomii said:

method you use to let go of beliefs, that have offered you lasting improvement and that you consider not to be spiritual bypassing.

Again, nothing wrong with the methods, it's the standpoint from which you apply it (methods aren't great either though)

Performing a perfect punch 10 feet from the target (Phil's guidance)

versus

Performing a perfect punch straight into the target (what the method is meant to be doing)

As to specific methods I use I won't be sharing any here. 

27 minutes ago, noomii said:

No but that's not the only source of heavy metals.

Of course. I only asked because of Price's research into mercury fillings and root canals, out of curiosity.

28 minutes ago, noomii said:

I've already been working with a holistic nutritionist a few years ago when I thought the root cause for most symptoms I experienced was SIBO, dysbiosis etc.

That's the thing with the word 'holistic'. It's the most misused word these days. Rather than meaning all-encompassing, it's being used to describe non-conventional, or frankly uneducated/with no qualification. All of the 'methods' Phil linked above as ' cathartic healing modalities' people would refer to as holistic modalities, none of which is holistic. 

A random person can go to a Reiki class and call themselves a holistic therapist. 

If you were to look for one you'd have to make sure you're going to someone worth working with.

You won't 'heal' emotions (whatever that means for you) without healing dysbiosis, and you won't heal the gut without 'healing' emotions.

But that's for you to find out and I wish you best of luck😁

On 3/7/2024 at 9:56 PM, Phil said:

Depends how it’s framed. Contemplation imo is going prior, deep within oneself. Questioning thoughts is lighter. Both can be highly enjoyable and fun. Even with the ‘barfing’… it can be challenging, yet it’s relief, releasing, and all that’s released is discordant. All that is Good, is you, and remains. 

Keep it simple, and go from there. The simplest way to question thoughts is - is it true? 

Wether yes or no…

Why do I think this way? When did I learn to think this way? 

Explore that fully… and then apply appreciation, compassion for why people do what they do. 

You are doing best, yes? 

Everyone else is to. 

You don’t really know what the hell is even going on. It’s just - here you are. 

Well, same for everyone else. 

I thought they were the same. Both feel difficult to me.

Do you acknowledge guilt & unworthiness are guidance, in regard to how some thoughts, like ‘I’m not doing enough’ or ‘I’m not good enough’ - feel

Just like a burning sensation is guidance for putting your hand on a hot stove?

If you do - what is the message therein?

And what is a better feeling, more aligned & resonating thought? 

To let it go. I'm good as I am feels better. I'd rather say I'm perfect as I am but it sounds like I'm full of myself.

That’s beautiful! How do those thoughts feel, compared to the discordant thoughts? 

Does that shed light on the situation, or, what’s being said?

That discord is of the thoughts… emotions lower on the scale are how discordant thoughts feel… emotions higher on the scale are how aligned thoughts feel…?

Good. It makes sense yes.

One of the simplest and yet most profound things I’ve heard was from @Mandy on one of the group calls (maybe you were on it idk). It was, ‘how do I want to feel today?’ That’s a very powerful thought. That means as ‘old’ discordant thought arise - they’re let go. No fed attention, not dwelt on, just let go. You’ll find that peace, contentment is nature as you do. And that there is ‘reaching for a better feeling thought’, such as with emotions higher than contentment emotional scale wise. Thought patterns happen, and discordant thoughts arising diminishes as the thoughts are let go. 

I was not on the group call, but I read about it here and since then I ask that daily in my journal. What I write is usually the same and mostly it haven't changed how I have felt during the day.

There is also expediting, or cathartic healing modalities. These releases ‘stoke’ passion & creativity (by unfettering you). Have you experienced any? It’s a long list, hopefully not overwhelming, but there’s a large variety available. Maybe try one and see how it is. Then maybe another.  

Yes and I have read through that list before too.
I just feel very uninspired and confused about what practice that's right for me, same with all of the meditations. Doubt and boredom maybe.

You might be referring this Breath Awareness (idk). If not, there might be an insight or two there. If you have any specific questions about technique or how it’s going, feel free. Imo that’s a great meditation to allow the mind to clear and the body to relax. I would give the list a once over as well, specifically all of the meditations prior to that one, just to see if any resonate as far as releasing (forgiveness etc). 

I experience the same difficulty with all mindfulness meditations, not just the breath. Idk I don't even feel relaxed even though I think I do it the right way now.

The forgiveness meditation seems like a good one, but it seems like it's harder to stay focused and that it's not fit for a daily morning meditation, that's questionable though.

Thank you 🙏

1 minute ago, noomii said:

I thought they were the same. Both feel difficult to me

When questioning a belief, and the thought ‘both feel difficult to me’ arises… let that thought pass, and allow a thought about which specific emotion is felt to appear. Looking at the scale keeps it simple. Acknowledging the emotion felt allows insight in regard to the belief. 

5 minutes ago, noomii said:

To let it go. I'm good as I am feels better. I'd rather say I'm perfect as I am but it sounds like I'm full of myself.

That’s it! Let a discordant thought go… allow a better feeling thought.

Aside… “I’m perfection” resonates because it’s true. “I’m perfect” doesn’t resonate as it’d be derived of comparison, and you, perfection, are incomparable. 

8 minutes ago, noomii said:

Good.

Awesome! 🙂 

8 minutes ago, noomii said:

It makes sense yes.

Yay!! 😅 

9 minutes ago, noomii said:

mostly it haven't changed how I have felt during the day.

Acknowleding emotions is a real game changer. Also, all of this is only about ‘how you feel’ right now. 

A nugget came from communication with my wife… now if a thought about the past / what was said / how one or both of us felt comes up (in any argumentative or discordant emotion infused way - we call it “score keeping” and calling it that clarifies and instantly diffuses. Maybe you call thoughts about how you’re feeling over time, day to day, even during the day - as opposed to right now - something which clarifies and diffuses. Maybe “tracking feeling” or “keepin track” or similar. Sometimes an identity label is not only clarifying & diffusing but empowering as well. Maybe “the feeling tracker” or something. In any case it’s like a reminder what matters if how you feel right now. Not to shortchange momentum, but momentum’s right now as well. It also helps to notice there’s no actual comparison being made. There’s, so to speak, how you feel right now… and there is not how you feel other than right now. It’s a unicorn thought (there’s the thought, but no actuality). That stands to make all this “work” simplified. (That it’s only about right now). 

17 minutes ago, noomii said:

Yes and I have read through that list before too.
I just feel very uninspired and confused about what practice that's right for me, same with all of the meditations.

A way to frame confusion…

A con, regarding, fusion. 

The con is that there are two… which could be fused together. 

The reality is there aren’t two… and so there’s no chance of fusion happening. 

I - that’s Self. 

But then there’s the me of “right for me”. 

There is no real or actual right & wrong. There are the thoughts right & wrong, there are preferences & opinions… but no one actually knows what’s right & what’s wrong because there isn’t actually two. 

“I just feel….” (Very uninspired and confused). 

This is a self referential thought. A thought, which is as if on behalf of someone else. Someone who knows, how you feel. You don’t know how you feel. No one does. Attempting to “feel your self” is like attempting to walk to where you’re standing. You’re not per se confused, that thought is just confusing because it doesn’t quite match up with reality. 

So there is no actuality of “right for me”, there is no actuality of “I just feel”, and there is no actuality of “I’m confused”. Fine for communication obviously… as there is no right & wrong. 

You don’t experience yourself (you already are yourself), but you do experience emotions. So all the preamble prior to “doubt & boredom maybe” can’t really just be cast aside. As thoughts, they can just pass right on through. Hope this isn’t taken the “wrong way”… but as those thoughts are allowed to just come, and go… they arise less & less and inevitably not at all.

Be most careful not to internalize judgment as far as what’s being said here 🙏🏼 .

There’s nothing “wrong” with any thoughts. There’s nobody “at fault”, “getting it wrong” etc.

Self-love! Self-compassion! Self-soothing! ♥️

30 minutes ago, noomii said:

Doubt and boredom maybe.

Doubt & boredom often go hand in hand. If doubt is felt, there is a thought along the lines of “not possible”, “unlikely to happen”, “would be too good to be true”.

If that thought is not dispelled / noticed to not be true in accordance with the guidance of doubt & how doubt feels… boredom is just around the corner, as inspiration was temporarily infringed upon. it’s sort of like spirit / inspiration is put on hold. 

If the thought is dispelled / noticed to not be true… even if it seems logical, practical, common, etc - inspiration is again unfettered / uncovered / freed. 

The underlying ‘crux’ is… a thought that seems to be true… seems to be something known. Whatever that thought is, it’s a belief… and is not known. 

The thought could be questioned with: 

Do I know that’s true? 

Is that absolutely true?

What’s the actual evidence that’s true?

A deeper introspective exploration: 

Why am I even thinkin that way, that I know what is and isn’t possible? 

From who / what environment / based on what (past) experience - does such a thought arise? 

You can tell from how doubt feels, that the thought, whatever it is, isn’t per se indicative of you - just from how it feels - to you. 

It would be quite natural for disappointment to be felt & expressed next. it’s expression, not behaviors & actions… so (imo)… empty both barrels. 

(Hypothetical examples)

“My mom / dad is behind this disappointment!”

”He / she left me - what a disappointment!”

“I wanted x, y or z so bad and it didn’t happen - what a disappointment!”

”I gave everything I had to him / her / that job / this or that endeavor - and it didn’t work out / amounted to nothing! - what a disappointment!”

”This whole world is one big disappointment!”

”Whenever I focus on thoughts in spite of, overlooking the guidance of doubt - there’s inevitably disappointment!”

”None of Phil’s loa mumbo-jumbo woo woo works - what a disappointment!”

The point with expression is - the content (of the thoughts expressed) don’t really matter. It’s the expression, the allowing it up & out which matters. 

Then… blame. 

Empty path barrels. Light this whole place on fire. Crush everyone. Burn every city to the ground. (Expression wise of course, not behaviors & action wise 😅)

And so on… up the scale / ‘back to’ yourself (Happiness, Love, etc). 

50 minutes ago, noomii said:

I experience the same difficulty with all mindfulness meditations, not just the breath. Idk I don't even feel relaxed even though I think I do it the right way now.

The forgiveness meditation seems like a good one, but it seems like it's harder to stay focused and that it's not fit for a daily morning meditation, that's questionable though.

While I might sounds like a broken record… doesn’t it resonate… that it’s not that you experience difficulty with all mindfulness meditations… 

…it’s more that the same emotion or emotions arise to be felt, expressed, ‘heard’ as it were? 

It’s difficult to eat when more deeply you feel like barfing, see what I’m saying? 

This is already “the work” btw. Noting the tricky nature of some thoughts, ‘getting them out of the way’ by allowing them and noticing the con-fusing aspects.

It’s like clearing a path for emotions to be expressed... clearing the way for the true nature to ‘do’ what ‘it’ does so well - life you up! Get you floatin, flowin, flyin, in the zone! 

Relaxation wise… simply acknowledge gravity… and sink into it. Bring whatever thoughts resonate to mind, like ‘let go’, ’relax’, etc. One that works efficiently btw is ‘sleep’. Like, literally just… fall asleep right now. You wont actually (you might idk) but the responds to the thought favorably / relaxation wise. From a mental standpoint, ‘getting some of these thoughts out of the way’, like that there’s a right or wrong way of expression… contributes to more ease of relaxation. As you continue to unfetter of discordant thought and express emotions… relaxation won’t be an issue. Ineffably it’s more like, “ok, there’s 100 things I want to do, and I only have time for 5 today, so which are the highest most resonating preferences”. 

If the forgiveness meditation resonates, stick with it, and dots will connect with the questioning of beliefs. Maybe someone did you ‘wrong’, was careless, neglectful, dismissive, etc… and there’s some resentment, animosity, some ‘hanging on to it’. Nothing’s more empowering than letting it go… which may involve a degree of ‘barfing’… but just like if you ate an interpretation that just won’t digest or settle… bear in mind the barfing is what’s wanted.

With respect to meditation generally speaking, the chief point is - letting a thought go - by returning attention to breath / feeling / an object of focus / etc (depending on the practice or technique). So if the thought “it’s hard” arises, let it pass on through. 

“It’s harder to stay focused” is a thought which can be noted as not adding up, and therein, let go. 

While there are thoughts about focus being a doing… those very thoughts are in focus, isn’t it so? 

Focus is prior to thoughts… there might be thoughts about someone claiming the doing of focusing…. But relax - no one is! 

If it resonates… consider… focus is being done for you. 

Many dots are truly soon to connect. Focus is unfettered… as thoughts are questioned, beliefs are dispelled, and emotions are expressed.

Focus ‘was’ effortless all along… and was just obscured by some thoughts. 

All innocence. 

Much love! 🙏🏼 

🙏❤️

Would not say I'm quick to respond, definitely nothing personal 😂

On 3/11/2024 at 9:17 PM, Phil said:

Relaxation wise… simply acknowledge gravity… and sink into it. Bring whatever thoughts resonate to mind, like ‘let go’, ’relax’, etc. One that works efficiently btw is ‘sleep’. Like, literally just… fall asleep right now. You wont actually (you might idk) but the responds to the thought favorably / relaxation wise. From a mental standpoint, ‘getting some of these thoughts out of the way’, like that there’s a right or wrong way of expression… contributes to more ease of relaxation. As you continue to unfetter of discordant thought and express emotions… relaxation won’t be an issue. Ineffably it’s more like, “ok, there’s 100 things I want to do, and I only have time for 5 today, so which are the highest most resonating preferences”. 

I do body scan now, either the muscle don't relax or it tense up later again. I'm not trying to relax, I just let it happen naturally while I keep focus, but it doesn't. 

Sometimes when I try to have a very relaxed approach to meditation I focus a lot less because it seems like when I focus I tense up.

Is it right to just go back to focus, to not care about any thoughts about relaxation/tension and just let the tension be? Instead of trying to relax?

On 3/9/2024 at 7:46 PM, ThePoint said:

That's the thing with the word 'holistic'. It's the most misused word these days. Rather than meaning all-encompassing, it's being used to describe non-conventional, or frankly uneducated/with no qualification. All of the 'methods' Phil linked above as ' cathartic healing modalities' people would refer to as holistic modalities, none of which is holistic. 

A random person can go to a Reiki class and call themselves a holistic therapist. 

If you were to look for one you'd have to make sure you're going to someone worth working with.

She had gone to several different schools & trainings. I met her at a functional medicine clinic where they do comprehensive testing.

The protocols she shared with me didn't work for me, I don't know if it means she was not worth working with.

36 minutes ago, noomii said:

I do body scan now, either the muscle don't relax or it tense up later again. I'm not trying to relax, I just let it happen naturally while I keep focus, but it doesn't. 

Sometimes when I try to have a very relaxed approach to meditation I focus a lot less because it seems like when I focus I tense up.

Is it right to just go back to focus, to not care about any thoughts about relaxation/tension and just let the tension be? Instead of trying to relax?

Body scan is a more active meditation.

For just straight relaxation try this one. 

https://www.actualityofbeing.com/basic-relaxation

Train the body so to speak, to recognize contraction and de-contraction. Make and hold a fist very tightly contraction wise for at least 10 or 20 seconds, and then feel the relief & gravity as you unclench / de-contract the fist. 

Focus is like the sun. It’s shining. There could be clouds (thoughts) about shining it or not shining it, shining it a little or a lot… and it’s shining just the same, without any intention or effort needed either way. 

With focus out of the equation, when tensing up happens see what other phenomenon (thoughts, emotions, sensations, etc) coincide & correspond with the tension. 

As far as if it’s right not to care about thoughts… there’s just no getting around right & wrong being… thoughts. 

As far as letting go of trying to relax - yes, most definitely. There is also relaxing without thoughts about doing (the relaxing). 

23 hours ago, Phil said:

Body scan is a more active meditation.

For just straight relaxation try this one. 

https://www.actualityofbeing.com/basic-relaxation

Train the body so to speak, to recognize contraction and de-contraction. Make and hold a fist very tightly contraction wise for at least 10 or 20 seconds, and then feel the relief & gravity as you unclench / de-contract the fist. 

Focus is like the sun. It’s shining. There could be clouds (thoughts) about shining it or not shining it, shining it a little or a lot… and it’s shining just the same, without any intention or effort needed either way. 

With focus out of the equation, when tensing up happens see what other phenomenon (thoughts, emotions, sensations, etc) coincide & correspond with the tension. 

As far as if it’s right not to care about thoughts… there’s just no getting around right & wrong being… thoughts. 

As far as letting go of trying to relax - yes, most definitely. There is also relaxing without thoughts about doing (the relaxing). 

I've been doing my body scan like the instruction that you shared. 

Maybe it's just about letting go of all these thoughts about meditation and feeling sensation.

@noomii

Yes exactly. Meditation as a practice is fundamentally… shifting attention / awareness from thoughts to perception and or sensation / feeling. 

If that is overly challenging don’t force or push through meditation. Take it as there is something to be expressed and released, and express and release. 

The emotional scale can also be very insightful. Not to imply there are, but as an example, there could be thoughts about how meditation isn’t going to help, resolve something or essential, ‘work’. Acknowledging pessimism in that example is acknowledging feeling / emotion as guidance for thoughts. 

Most fundamentally all one ever actually cares about is how one feels. If there are pessimistic thoughts, and the emotion pessimism isn’t acknowledged, the thoughts will continue to be self referential and therein elusive as they’re assumed & believed to be about self. The aspect of that the thoughts are actually about a second or separate self, goes unnoticed. In this way acknowleding emotions is like giving the thoughts landing strips so the cycling / repeating of the thought and the discord comes to rest… which feels better. Much like it boredom feels slightly better than pessimism, and contentment feels slightly better than boredom.  

15 hours ago, Phil said:

@noomii

Yes exactly. Meditation as a practice is fundamentally… shifting attention / awareness from thoughts to perception and or sensation / feeling. 

If that is overly challenging don’t force or push through meditation. Take it as there is something to be expressed and released, and express and release. 

The emotional scale can also be very insightful. Not to imply there are, but as an example, there could be thoughts about how meditation isn’t going to help, resolve something or essential, ‘work’. Acknowledging pessimism in that example is acknowledging feeling / emotion as guidance for thoughts. 

Most fundamentally all one ever actually cares about is how one feels. If there are pessimistic thoughts, and the emotion pessimism isn’t acknowledged, the thoughts will continue to be self referential and therein elusive as they’re assumed & believed to be about self. The aspect of that the thoughts are actually about a second or separate self, goes unnoticed. In this way acknowleding emotions is like giving the thoughts landing strips so the cycling / repeating of the thought and the discord comes to rest… which feels better. Much like it boredom feels slightly better than pessimism, and contentment feels slightly better than boredom.  

I have given up on the emotional scale, it just takes so much effort to maintain it as a daily habit 😕 

Also if one says "relax" while meditating (basic relaxation), isn't that just contributing to thought-activity? I have skipped that part.

12 minutes ago, noomii said:

I have given up on the emotional scale, it just takes so much effort to maintain it as a daily habit 😕 

Are you the one saying that, or the one that is about? 

12 minutes ago, noomii said:

Also if one says "relax" while meditating (basic relaxation), isn't that just contributing to thought-activity? I have skipped that part.

No. It’s contributing to relaxation. 

“If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.”

― Gospel of Thomas

On 3/21/2024 at 8:42 PM, noomii said:

She had gone to several different schools & trainings. I met her at a functional medicine clinic where they do comprehensive testing.

The protocols she shared with me didn't work for me, I don't know if it means she was not worth working with.

It's only up to you decide whether it was worth it or not. I'm not implying anything here.

Try this as an alternative exercise to the meditations listed on the website, it doesn't have to take much time and will be more efficient than battling with a need to relax or stop thoughts-flow;

1. Close your eyes and scan your body. Notice how you're feeling.

2. Feel love for the feeling exactly the way it is. Feel love for the power in the feeling.

3. Feel love for yourself feeling that love and feeling that power.

When you're willing to see more fully from your open heart and from the place of empowerment it's easier to remember that you're the creator of your World and all its unlimited abundance 👊

As to my suggestion to look for a practitioner worth working with... I generally meant that it would be someone who would help you with your symptoms should you choose to call them that, your thoughts and emotions, generally anything else that might cause some clog in a flow of your experience so to speak. He/She would help you with the entirety of it, not a single aspect, as it usually wouldn't work anyway. 

Nothing wrong with going to many schools and trainings like the lady you've worked with did. It's always double edged though. It might as well imply that she's still looking for an answer as to how to do what she wants to do seeking external validation or putting multiple bodies of knowledge in front of her helplessness. 

Or it might imply that she's continuously developing in her craft. Or it could mean anything else for that matter.

Generally, you can have an easier time finding someone matching your needs knowing what sort of healing path they are going/have went through.

On 3/23/2024 at 2:05 PM, Phil said:

Are you the one saying that, or the one that is about? 

The one that is about.
Have you been able to use it as a daily habit without feeling like it's full of effort? (Starting from the lower end of the scale and all the way up)

Usually when I start a new habit I start with a very small step and slowly do more of it each day, which makes it feel easy as I get used to it. I have tried that with emotional scale but from what I remember it felt like a burden when doing that too.

40 minutes ago, noomii said:

The one that is about.

Then who is saying it?

What does the term “separate self of thoughts” point out?

Have you been able to use it as a daily habit without feeling like it's full of effort? (Starting from the lower end of the scale and all the way up)

Can you leave the present?

Usually when I start a new habit I start with a very small step and slowly do more of it each day, which makes it feel easy as I get used to it. I have tried that with emotional scale but from what I remember it felt like a burden when doing that too.

What is reactivity, or reactionary thoughts?

On 3/24/2024 at 4:47 PM, Phil said:

Then who is saying it?

Sorry I don't know why I replied like that to the question.

I don't know who is saying it or who the the thought is about.

What does the term “separate self of thoughts” point out?

What I believe is me I guess

Can you leave the present?

No

What is reactivity, or reactionary thoughts?

Unacknowledged thoughts?

When I've used the scale I've been mindful of how these thoughts about the scale feels like. But I've not been relaxed, I've been tense, having tics and not still.

On 3/23/2024 at 3:14 PM, ThePoint said:

It's only up to you decide whether it was worth it or not. I'm not implying anything here.

Try this as an alternative exercise to the meditations listed on the website, it doesn't have to take much time and will be more efficient than battling with a need to relax or stop thoughts-flow;

1. Close your eyes and scan your body. Notice how you're feeling.

2. Feel love for the feeling exactly the way it is. Feel love for the power in the feeling.

3. Feel love for yourself feeling that love and feeling that power.

When you're willing to see more fully from your open heart and from the place of empowerment it's easier to remember that you're the creator of your World and all its unlimited abundance 👊

As to my suggestion to look for a practitioner worth working with... I generally meant that it would be someone who would help you with your symptoms should you choose to call them that, your thoughts and emotions, generally anything else that might cause some clog in a flow of your experience so to speak. He/She would help you with the entirety of it, not a single aspect, as it usually wouldn't work anyway. 

Nothing wrong with going to many schools and trainings like the lady you've worked with did. It's always double edged though. It might as well imply that she's still looking for an answer as to how to do what she wants to do seeking external validation or putting multiple bodies of knowledge in front of her helplessness. 

Or it might imply that she's continuously developing in her craft. Or it could mean anything else for that matter.

Generally, you can have an easier time finding someone matching your needs knowing what sort of healing path they are going/have went through.

Thanks 🙏

On 3/4/2024 at 10:41 AM, noomii said:

I believe I have really wasted A LOT of time in my life, that I have used my time wrong and failed.
I also see how focusing on this just makes me waste even more time.

How do I let go of this?
How can I make the most out of the time I
have to create what I want?

What is one emotion felt?