How do I make the most out of time?

noomii

12 hours ago, Phil said:

@noomii

How so?

Because I haven't lived up to expectations and what I believe I should do, I feel ashamed to even share about it.

Then I feel worry thinking I need to prove my worth with taking more action.

Then I feel overwhelment and avoid action.

Then the cycle repeats with guilt. 

I'm going to try out the emotional scale again

32 minutes ago, noomii said:

Because I haven't lived up to expectations and what I believe I should do, I feel ashamed to even share about it.

Is shame an emotion / felt, or is shame a concept, and there is emotional guidance felt about the concept of shame?

What happens when you attempt to physically point to who you’re talking about? 

(The one which hasn’t lived up to expectations, the one which should do, the one that feels ashamed.)

As you’re (allegedly) thinking & saying these self disparaging & inherently discordant things - where is the one these thoughts are about? 

Where is the thinker?

No guesswork - actually point to it. 

Where is the one who needs? 

Point to it. 

Where is the one something needs to be proved, to? 

Point to it. 

Where is the one that avoids?

Point to it.

What’s guilt ‘saying’ about emotional guidance being for thoughts (not the separate self of thoughts)?

I'm going to try out the emotional scale again

Where is “the one who tries”?

Point to it. 

On 3/27/2024 at 3:01 PM, Phil said:

Is shame an emotion / felt, or is shame a concept, and there is emotional guidance felt about the concept of shame?

Shame is a concept. It was insecurity that I tried to point to with the word shame.

What happens when you attempt to physically point to who you’re talking about? 

(The one which hasn’t lived up to expectations, the one which should do, the one that feels ashamed.)

As you’re (allegedly) thinking & saying these self disparaging & inherently discordant things - where is the one these thoughts are about? 

Where is the thinker?

No guesswork - actually point to it. 

Where is the one who needs? 

Point to it. 

Where is the one something needs to be proved, to? 

Point to it. 

Where is the one that avoids?

Point to it.

Where is “the one who tries”?

Point to it. 

I don't know, I haven't tried what you said and I don't feel like it right now.

What’s guilt ‘saying’ about emotional guidance being for thoughts (not the separate self of thoughts)?

I'm not sure.

I have used the emotional scale daily since the last post. Not always the whole scale. A lot of frustration. But I'm trying to be more relaxed and I'm more open to letting go of the resistance to using it.

2 hours ago, noomii said:

Shame is a concept. It was insecurity that I tried to point to with the word shame.

Awesome!  Yes!

Now if & when insecurity is felt, notice what thought or thinkin feels that way, and consider what ‘inner being is saying’ about what’s true in regard to the thoughts / thinkin. A belief or two will be dispelled (liberation). 

I don't know, I haven't tried what you said and I don't feel like it right now

The chief point really is that the discord is (some) thoughts feel. Same as believing shame (discordant) vs feeling the emotion / guidance of insecurity (alignment & liberation).

I don't know, I haven't tried what you said and I don't feel like it right now

It might be clarifying to ‘frame up’ the saying all of those discordant things in the first place as the doing, which is energy zapping & exhausting… while dispelling the belief ‘behind’ the discordant thoughts is actually effortless, aligning, relieving & liberating. 

I'm not sure.

Feels great or not great? 

Why?

True or not true?

I have used the emotional scale daily since the last post. Not always the whole scale. A lot of frustration. But I'm trying to be more relaxed and I'm more open to letting go of the resistance to using it.

🙏🏼♥️

Express impatience & pessimism / notice any pessimistic outlook / thoughts… and connect the dots which the emotion pessimism being guidance for the thoughts. One way to frame it up is ‘inner being knows better’ and can’t join in with the thought. This is Good news and says a lot of about the true nature, which pessimistic thoughts do not resonate with. 

23 hours ago, Phil said:

It might be clarifying to ‘frame up’ the saying all of those discordant things in the first place as the doing, which is energy zapping & exhausting… while dispelling the belief ‘behind’ the discordant thoughts is actually effortless, aligning, relieving & liberating. 

Do you mean the belief behind the discordant thoughts could be "I can't" or "it's too difficult" ?

Is that meant as a belief behind the thoughts?

23 hours ago, Phil said:

Feels great or not great? 

Why?

True or not true?

Not great. 

What comes up is that you have said that what doesn't feel great is not true.

But just hearing that doesn't really change anything if I'm not questioning the belief

43 minutes ago, noomii said:

Do you mean the belief behind the discordant thoughts could be "I can't" or "it's too difficult" ?

Is that meant as a belief behind the thoughts?

It’d more likely relate to an emotion. Like the belief “I’m impatient”… in terms of thoughts which seem to attempt to support that belief, might be “I can’t” or “it’s too difficult”, “I don’t have enough time”, or “there isn’t enough time”. 

46 minutes ago, noomii said:

Not great. 

What comes up is that you have said that what doesn't feel great is not true.

But just hearing that doesn't really change anything if I'm not questioning the belief

So… 

On 3/27/2024 at 9:29 AM, noomii said:

I haven't lived up to expectations

Not true. (So to speak) they’re your expectations. It’s not possible to live up to expectations. It doesn’t even make sense. Try to go “live up to”…. ??

and what I believe I should do, I feel ashamed to even share about it.

Not true. Shame is indicative of suppression. With expression, seeing through shame is inevitable because it’s only concept. 

An emotion is felt, but not acknowledged… for shame to be & continue to be believed in. 

There’s also confusion, such as that shame is felt, and denial (of the emotion actually felt). 

Not true. “My worth” is a concept. A thought. Can’t be proved, is already the case. 

Taking action’s a phrase. When examined literally it makes no sense. Where is action taken from, taken to, what exactly is “action” which is said to be taken in the first place?

Not true. Overwhelment / emotion(s) may be suppressed and or denied, but is not avoidable. 

But thought (believing thoughts) can make it seem so. 

Not true. Cycle is a descriptive word, not an actual thing (which repeats). 

The cycle hinges on the separate self of thoughts, and the acknowledgment of emotions.