2 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

How about not three months, but forever?

If not, why?

Well that would be ideal. A life without drugs. To be honest though I often feel unhappy and hopeless.

I often get back from working out and jiu jitsu which I very much. But as I head home my heart sinks. I know I’m going home to an empty apartment where I cook for myself and then eat standing over the counter feeling alone.

I want to come home and have a wife/girlfriend excited to see me . I want kids that are ecstatic to see me. I experience sadness knowing I’m going home to be by myself. And sometimes the only thing that’s makes me happy or gives me hope is drugs,

6 hours ago, WhiteOwl said:

they obviously do mate.. 

drugs block you off from feeling emotions which will lead you to the growth and good feeling you are looking for. 

go 3 month without and then you can say they don't have a hold on you. 

"your life" is a thought, so no it doesn't have any meaning. Thats great news though. Whatever you think your "life" is, is just not true. 

This is a great talk imo if you have spare time at some point. Great from the beginning or from the chapter called "The bridge"

I’m halfway through the video and it’s gold. Thank you so much for sharing

3 hours ago, Kevin said:

Well that would be ideal. A life without drugs. To be honest though I often feel unhappy and hopeless.

I often get back from working out and jiu jitsu which I very much. But as I head home my heart sinks. I know I’m going home to an empty apartment where I cook for myself and then eat standing over the counter feeling alone.

I want to come home and have a wife/girlfriend excited to see me . I want kids that are ecstatic to see me. I experience sadness knowing I’m going home to be by myself. And sometimes the only thing that’s makes me happy or gives me hope is drugs,

That's some courageous sharing!

The desire to have a family is something that probably over 90% of the world understands and shares with you. I dunno why I feel like saying this, maybe it's obvious, but you're not alone with that desire and I think you're way more supported with it than you might realize. I feel ya and the world feels ya.

Why do you feel hopeless? What do you think stands in the way of having a wife and kids?

There must be an effortless way.

4 hours ago, Kevin said:

I can relate, but it really doesn't sound so bad. Its sounds like you are becoming aware and are ready to make a leap. When you come home and your heart sinks and you feel lonely. Try to go into the feeling and feel it as fully as possible. Investigate the feeling instead of focusing on the story of you needing a girlfriend or friends. 

How do you know you feel lonely? How do you know your heart sinks? Look for the feeling and go into it and feel it as fully as possible, and whatever happens just continue to feel.

That is the way out, not finding some random person to be with you don't actually care about just to not feel lonely for 5 minutes. 

You will find the woman you want, no need to worry about that, but you got some healing to do before letting her in. No person will fix your feelings so you have to do it first 🙂 

You got this.

14 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

That's some courageous sharing!

thanks man.

14 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

The desire to have a family is something that probably over 90% of the world understands and shares with you. I dunno why I feel like saying this, maybe it's obvious, but you're not alone with that desire and I think you're way more supported with it than you might realize. I feel ya and the world feels ya.

Why do you feel hopeless? What do you think stands in the way of having a wife and kids?

I think dwelling on the past is a huge part of it. I wasn’t ready for a family or commitment before so I subconsciously pushed it away even when it was there. Now I’m ready and it’s not showing up quick enough.

Things are looking up lately though. The techniques espoused on this forum are certainly helping.

12 hours ago, WhiteOwl said:

I can relate, but it really doesn't sound so bad. Its sounds like you are becoming aware and are ready to make a leap. When you come home and your heart sinks and you feel lonely. Try to go into the feeling and feel it as fully as possible. Investigate the feeling instead of focusing on the story of you needing a girlfriend or friends. 

this is great advice. I think it has a lot to do with me thinking a woman and a family with full me cup, so to speak. I think a happier perspective would be joyfully bringing that family into existence instead of waiting for it to happen to me.

How do you know you feel lonely? How do you know your heart sinks? Look for the feeling and go into it and feel it as fully as possible, and whatever happens just continue to feel.

I will do this.

That is the way out, not finding some random person to be with you don't actually care about just to not feel lonely for 5 minutes. 

You will find the woman you want, no need to worry about that, but you got some healing to do before letting her in. No person will fix your feelings so you have to do it first 🙂 

You got this.

Facts. I posted a couple weeks ago about a girl ending things with me and it’s turning out to be a blessing in disguise.