1 minute ago, Mandy said:

The "baby" might be the license to believe that "I am better than others because I am spiritual and know all this spiritual stuff."

That's not what its about.  It's about directly validating what is taught.  Through spiritual work.  There is no spiritual work taught here - there is only the dream board.  That's nice, but its just a dream board. 

2 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

That's not what its about.  It's about directly validating what is taught.  Through spiritual work.  There is no spiritual work taught here - there is only the dream board.  That's nice, but its just a dream board. 

Not to sound dramatic, but you're unknowingly the perfect example of the kind of people that corrupted the essential message of non-dual throughout all the world religions.

Essentially turning the message into a "teaching" (teacher/teaching) really for the sake of having a sense of power/authority over others. 

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

@Robed Mystic By spiritual work, do you mean personal development? What if spiritual "work" or personal development is often about avoiding life because of insecurities about engaging in it, disallowing oneself to go in the direction one is inspired to?  What if the dream board is about living a fun, creative and loving life where there's no room for any limiting identity, not even a spiritual one? 

Is work really important? What if your teacher is giving you busy work because they don't grasp the material? What if there's no material to grasp? 

Youtube Channel  

8 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

https://www.actualityofbeing.com/tools-1

There's actually very detailed instructions for what the recommended "spiritual work" here is.  Meditations too.

https://www.actualityofbeing.com/meditations

It's nothing but pure ignorance to deny these. 

Edited by Jonas Long

2 minutes ago, Orb said:

Not to sound dramatic, but you're unknowingly the perfect example of the kind of people that corrupted the essential message of non-dual throughout all the world religions.

Essentially turning the message into a "teaching" (teacher/teaching) really for the sake of having a sense of power/authority over others. 

As far as you know.  But maybe I'm  the precise opposite.  You see - you want to corrupt non-duality all on your own - i I don't have to even do it.  Because you have an idea of what non-duality is, and that has become your reality.  What's taught here...But tell me this - how many hours have you set in meditation?  I would really like to know.  Answer with honesty.  

5 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

https://www.actualityofbeing.com/tools-1

There's actually very detailed instructions for what the recommended "spiritual work" here is.  Meditations too.

https://www.actualityofbeing.com/meditations

It's nothing but pure ignorance to deny these. 

a lame link on a website.  I spend enough time here to know its just not taught.  Nice try.

Be careful of who is in charge here...be really careful.  

Edited by Robed Mystic

5 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

a lame link on a website.  I spend enough time here to know its just not taught.  Nice try.

Be careful of who is in charge here...be really careful.  

If you could drop your agenda for just a second you'd be able to see how ridiculous this, and pretty much all your posts, sound. 

25 minutes ago, Mandy said:

@Robed Mystic By spiritual work, do you mean personal development? What if spiritual "work" or personal development is often about avoiding life because of insecurities about engaging in it, disallowing oneself to go in the direction one is inspired to?  What if the dream board is about living a fun, creative and loving life where there's no room for any limiting identity, not even a spiritual one? 

Is work really important? What if your teacher is giving you busy work because they don't grasp the material? What if there's no material to grasp? 

Those are good questions.  By work i just mean sitting in meditation.  And, not just sitting in meditation.  But doing self inquiry meditation.  I'm not dismissing the dream board, i think its great, but it is NOT spirituality.  Let's just be clear on that.  Spirituality is about finding God, and nothing mnore.  And for that it takes getting rid of all of the silly beliefs that you hold about the self - and really just inquiring into the self.    Just because I come from Actualized doesn't mean i took psychedelics and now i found God.  God isn't found that way.  That's why there is still distorted views by Leo on what reality is.  He had a super good intuition - probably the best, but he didn't have awakening.

Edited by Robed Mystic

1 hour ago, Robed Mystic said:

What's taught here...But tell me this - how many hours have you set in meditation?  I would really like to know.  Answer with honesty.  

See what im saying? Notice how the immediate reaction is to try to instill self doubt in me by implying that you've done more of the work than me or whatever.

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

2 minutes ago, Orb said:

See what im saying? Notice how the immediate reaction is to try to instill self doubt in me by implying that you've done more of the work than me or whatever.

I'm not trying to instill self doubt - I am just saying it takes meditation.  And if you have tried that try it again.  Just sit there. As long as it takes.  

19 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

I'm not trying to instill self doubt - I am just saying it takes meditation.  And if you have tried that try it again.  Just sit there. As long as it takes.  

Why do you presume authority over him?

He's a hell of a lot more articulate and coherent than you are, historically, and he can spell. 

Edited by Jonas Long

1 hour ago, Robed Mystic said:

Those are good questions.  By work i just mean sitting in meditation.  And, not just sitting in meditation.  But doing self inquiry meditation.  I'm not dismissing the dream board, i think its great, but it is NOT spirituality.  Let's just be clear on that.  Spirituality is about finding God, and nothing mnore.  And for that it takes getting rid of all of the silly beliefs that you hold about the self - and really just inquiring into the self.    Just because I come from Actualized doesn't mean i took psychedelics and now i found God.  God isn't found that way.  That's why there is still distorted views by Leo on what reality is.  He had a super good intuition - probably the best, but he didn't have awakening.

I did 5-MeO-DMT.  What happened was I realized (during the trip) that I am consciousness itself.  That was it.  It was a shift in identity as to what or who I am.  And the cool thing about it is it's shown to you.  I don't think it's necessary to do psychedelics to become enlightened, but they're like additional tools in the bag so to speak.  I think you can become enlightened through meditation alone with some guidance in terms of pointers.  I tend to think there are some stages to post-enlightenment work but I'll keep those to myself.  I define enlightenment as that initial crack when the self destabilizes and you have your first really significant dark night of the soul.  Then there's a path that opens up after that.  That path had certain common trailheads to it in my humble opinion -- the reason I say humble opinion is because I will offend everyone if I start discussing them lol.  Everybody is at a different place on the path in my judgment.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

28 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I did 5-MeO-DMT.  What happened was I realized (during the trip) that I am consciousness itself.  That was it.  It was a shift in identity as to what or who I am.  And the cool thing about it is it's shown to you.  I don't think it's necessary to do psychedelics to become enlightened, but they're like additional tools in the bag so to speak.  I think you can become enlightened through meditation alone with some guidance in terms of pointers.  I tend to think there are some stages to post-enlightenment work but I'll keep those to myself.  I define enlightenment as that initial crack when the self destabilizes and you have your first really significant dark night of the soul.  Then there's a path that opens up after that.  That path had certain common trailheads to it in my humble opinion -- the reason I say humble opinion is because I will offend everyone if I start discussing them lol.  Everybody is at a different place on the path in my judgment.

You're not here for self reflection either, you presume authority and have no humility.  You are performing to an empty theater though.  You're never going to recieve the validation you are looking for, here or anywhere else.  It's why your channel is frankly garbage too.  You are not about "truth" or "spirituality", its all about your agenda to compensate and assert yourself as a "teacher" or "enlightened" or superior in any way you can imply.

Edited by Jonas Long

10 hours ago, Robed Mystic said:

No - they carved it away and threw the baby out with the bathwater.  It's not beliefs, but they turned it into beliefs.  Just look at what is here.

It's all just pure belief.

Nothing can be known about any 'thing' without the belief in the 'thing known'...otherwise, what is a ''thing'' to the knower, or what is a 'thing' to  this irrefutable knowing ?

A 'thing' is obviously a concept manifested as and through the human brain-mind-body mechanism, known intimately  as one's own unique  ''thought stream'' assumed to be belonging to a 'someone' known as 'me'.  And yes, this  'me' is apparent and real enough, and no 'me' with any common sense would ever deny themself their own unique self known conceptually as 'me'. 

And so this human phenomena, it seems, can and does impose the belief that there is a separate entity called 'me' existing here, but this assumed separate 'me' is known only in it's conception, otherwise there is no concept of 'me'.

Beyond belief, there is even a greater clarity, a reality or pure being, that does not need a story or belief to be, except in this, it's conception, albeit illusory.

Beingness in and of itself can never experience the absence of being, it can never not be here, so to speak, because pure being was never born, only the mind is born, in this conception, the dream. The mind being that which cuts nondual reality into a known duality, which is all there is to be known. The dream is all there is.

But that's all it is and ever was, a dream.

And so every apparent story of (I) appearing upon the mind's projection screen, is unwritten, because belief is never really there in reality, not until belief is believed to be there  as and through the process of human mentation.  And so, it is this mental process that is able to split reality into two things, into a knower and the known, and that is how the distinction between 'no-concept' and 'concept' is known to be both one and the same idea. Once this is recognised for the illusion it is, there is simply nothing else here but simple pure clarity of being, this ever present unchanging, unborn presence, which is blindingly obvious, and prior to any illusory thought thing or belief. 

''Throwing the baby out with the bathwater''

Sounds similar to using a thorn to remove a thorn and then throwing them both away. These sayings help the nondual self understand the clarity of it's being, and can be used effectively as a  way to reach the clarity of beingness that is prior to  belief.

On 2/25/2024 at 3:30 PM, Jane said:

(Self) can point anywhere and everywhere, except to itself.  

To assume there is a (Self) that can be pointed AT , always is the assumption that BOTH 'the pointer' and 'the pointed upon' are two things. This apparent 'separation' is illusory. It's not real. But it's the only way the Self knows how to make sense of what is ultimately always this Nondual Self.

Pointer and the point is identical.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

17 hours ago, James123 said:

Pointer and the point is identical.

👍Yes! very good.

The pointer and the point is the  POINTING that cannot be pointed to.

The seer and the seen is the SEEING that cannot be seen.

The knower and the known is the KNOWING that cannot be known.