4 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

This has absoultely zero to do with suffering.

This is what suffering is. 

You injected suffering into the dialigue. 

Suffering is how that belief feels, while the opposite is whats being said.

Because that is what your whole "idealogy" is...the escaping of suffering.

Suffering is how that belief feels, while the opposite is whats being said.  

But why do you have a bias against suffering?  Why even bring it up here?

Suffering is how that belief feels. That is the opposite of what’s being said. 

1 minute ago, Phil said:

It, Einstein & mysticism are beliefs. 

This is what @Blessed2 was referring to. Suppression, deflection, & projection as if an authority. Take pause that what’s said may be heard. 

I'm not trying to overstep here.  Where is the suppression, deflection, and projection?  Can we now see that from both sides?  

What exactly am I "supressing" and where was I projecting?  I may have did a little deflection, but it was in jest.  

I'm not trying to challenge your authority over this forum - but if you aren't open to opposing worldviews then perhaps you are no better than Leo.

@Robed Mystic The study of mental illnesses, psychology and the study of the different ways they can present is all about addressing and relieving suffering, this is forgotten in identification. What else would be the point of therapy and psychology? What wanted in the understanding of something or oneself is to feel better, or in the case of someone else, to help them feel better. 

Youtube Channel  

5 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

I'm not trying to overstep here.  Where is the suppression, deflection, and projection?

Introspection is the way. 

Can we now see that from both sides?  

That is a belief. The opposite of what’s being said. 

What exactly am I "supressing" and where was I projecting?  I may have did a little deflection, but it was in jest.  

Suppression isn’t a separate self suppressing, like anger isn’t a separate self which is angry. 

I'm not trying to challenge your authority over this forum - but if you aren't open to opposing worldviews then perhaps you are no better than Leo.

That’s a belief. The opposite is what’s being said. 

On 2/25/2024 at 2:12 PM, Blessed2 said:

"This doesn't feel quite right, but it's what God wants, what the priest says, what the bible reads... This doesn't feel good, but it's what they say."

- Raped children

"This doesn't feel quite right, but I know emotions are just survival based egoic bias. It doesn't feel good, but it's just how it is."

- Actualized.org

"Each thing tends to move towards its own nature. I always desire happiness which is my true nature. My nature is never a burden to me. Happiness is never a burden to me, whilst sorrow is."

- Non-duality

The first two examples are indicative of suppression, deflection, projection, and behaviors. 

The third example is indicative of introspection. 

9 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

Because that is what your whole "idealogy" is...the escaping of suffering.   You projected suffering onto the conversation.

But why do you have a bias against suffering?  Why even bring it up here?

The first step on the path is the acknowledgement of suffering.

The Four Truths of the Buddha describes it pretty much as simply as it can be described.

1. There is a painful sting in my arm.

2. The reason there is a painful sting in my arm is that there is a big ass blood sucking mosquito on my arm.

3. The stinging pain ends by making the mosquito stop biting my arm.

4. The mosquito stops biting my arm by smacking it.

The last 3 steps follow naturally from the first acknowledgement.

"That's bias towards pain & mosquitos" is what it looks like when the first step isn't yet taken.

I am the playful and ever-present Source, joyfully embracing every thought and emotion as part of my perfect, unfolding co-creative dream.

I'm getting to the point where I don't think there is one right pointer in enlightenment.  The models are all useful but you need that attainment inside you that is the most important thing.  That attainment ain't words -- it came from years of work on the path.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I'm getting to the point where I don't think there is one right pointer in enlightenment.  The models are all useful but you need that attainment inside you that is the most important thing.  That attainment ain't words -- it came from years of work.

Introspection. (Being aware). 

27 minutes ago, Phil said:

Introspection is the way. 

That is a belief. The opposite of what’s being said. 

Suppression isn’t a separate self suppressing, like anger isn’t a separate self which is angry. 

That’s a belief. The opposite is what’s being said. 

The first two examples are indicative of suppression, deflection, projection, and behaviors. 

The third example is indicative of introspection. 

whatever you say boss.  Time to just start my own forum.  I went to the InVision site...will let you guys know when i get it hosted.

9 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I'm getting to the point where I don't think there is one right pointer in enlightenment.  The models are all useful but you need that attainment inside you that is the most important thing.  That attainment ain't words -- it came from years of work on the path.

Years of delusion, ignoring that the suffering is coming from neurotic attempts at self assertion, futile attempts at compensation.  Positioning yourself as a teacher, it's all spiritual escapism.  

@Robed Mystic cringe

Just stop man, take a second to think about this all.

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

2 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

whatever you say boss.  Time to just start my own forum.  I went to the InVision site...will let you guys know when i get it hosted.

Much love. 

On 2/25/2024 at 8:34 AM, Phil said:

Jealousy:

By bypassing the suppression of preferences and employment of deflection & projection, the expression of jealousy prompts self-reflection, unfettering self-assurance and naturally occurring appreciation.

3 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

That would be hilarious, like I've said, start making some YouTube videos, just don't be a coward and turn the comments off.

I heard a good quote yesterday that touches the subject of this thread.

"I don't know myself, I am being myself."

That really rings a bell.

"I am that I am"

Freedom, Nothing.

I am the playful and ever-present Source, joyfully embracing every thought and emotion as part of my perfect, unfolding co-creative dream.

27 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

Time to just start my own forum.  I went to the InVision site...will let you guys know when i get it hosted.

Do you have a youtube channel or something?