How to Have a Spiritual Experience

Orb

1. Watch a video on youtube about someone explaining a spiritual experience.

2. Memorize what they said about the experience and how it affected them.

3. Take Shrooms or LSD.

4. Allow the memory of that person's spiritual experience to come up and overlay the present moment with it.

5. Tell yourself that this is a spiritual experience.

6. Claim it as your own spiritual experience.

7. Tell people you had a spiritual experience and describe it in great detail. 

8. Let the cycle repeat 😌😂

This is some lighthearted stuff, nothing wrong with sharing experiences, I personally love to read them myself. 

But this imo points toward inspecting the notions about spiritual experiences and experience in general, is there such a thing as experience at all?

The next time you trip or experience something nice, did you actually have an experience in the first place?

Edited by Orb

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

I would think that I'm having a spiritual experience when-

8fepp0.gif Feeling liberated and joyful

8fepp0.gifExperiencing inner equilibrium

8fepp0.gif Feeling universal understanding and empathy

8fepp0.gifIncrease in maturity

8fepp0.gifA hunger for truth seeking

8fepp0.gifA more authentic outlook to life

8fepp0.gifA tendency to want to be more organic

8fepp0.gif Able to embrace the unfairness of life

8fepp0.gifLess judgemental as time goes

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

2 minutes ago, Isagi Yoichi said:

Are you joking or talking seriously lol?

You cant experience someone else memory.

There's definitely some humor sprinkled into it. But it actually happens! This is how experiences are fabricated. 

Experiences are actually conceptual, then we take those concepts and overlay them onto our own direct experience and claim to have them too. It's insanity yet intelligence. Pretty crazy stuff. 

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

8 minutes ago, Phil said:

I love hearing about trips & spiritual experiences. 

It's certainly entertaining. But when it's claimed as "mine" or now I know more than you because I've had the experience then it gets weird 😳

5 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Sound like you're implying yours are superior to the ones you describe.

I truly do not have any spiritual experiences. I've never actually experienced anything. 😌😳

@Orb

Totally.😅

1 hour ago, Isagi Yoichi said:

You cant experience someone else memory.

That’s not entirely true though. While thoughts & memories aren’t per se yours or mine, there can certainly be the experience of someone else’s thoughts & memories. Might sound outlandish but it’s not really far fetched given the same awareness is aware of and being the thoughts & memories.

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

there can certainly be the experience of someone else’s thoughts & memories.

Through intuition?

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

52 minutes ago, Phil said:

That’s not entirely true though. While thoughts & memories aren’t per se yours or mine, there can certainly be the experience of someone else’s thoughts & memories. Might sound outlandish but it’s not really far fetched given the same awareness is aware of and being the thoughts & memories.

How is that ? Can you describe it?

:IMG_0991:

11 hours ago, Phil said:

@Isagi Yoichi

It’s awesome. Pure love. 

It ranges from the ‘typical’ thoughts & memories experience to ultra-colorful dimensionless imagery anywhere from ‘in front of me’ to the entire sphere.

How does this work with the experience of not really experiencing others? In direct experience all there is, is you. 

On 2/13/2024 at 12:37 AM, Orb said:

1. Watch a video on youtube about someone explaining a spiritual experience.

2. Memorize what they said about the experience and how it affected them.

3. Take Shrooms or LSD.

4. Allow the memory of that person's spiritual experience to come up and overlay the present moment with it.

5. Tell yourself that this is a spiritual experience.

6. Claim it as your own spiritual experience.

7. Tell people you had a spiritual experience and describe it in great detail. 

8. Let the cycle repeat 😌😂

This is some lighthearted stuff, nothing wrong with sharing experiences, I personally love to read them myself. 

But this imo points toward inspecting the notions about spiritual experiences and experience in general, is there such a thing as experience at all?

The next time you trip or experience something nice, did you actually have an experience in the first place?

Take at least 6 gr dried shrooms with lemon take and dark chocolate. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."