Non-enlightenment is not being truthful to truth.

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

Astounding as it might initially seem, enlightenment, nonduality & no self are the same. 

In the same way nonduality is synonymous with enlightenment, no self refers to the separate or second self of thoughts - and is a pointing like nonduality which ‘says’ there isn’t that. 

No self is therein of course not a realization someone realizes or an awakening someone experiences.

Enlightenment = nonduality = no self = there isn’t duality.

Some examples of duality there isn’t, which is apparently thoughts / beliefs…

Me and self. 

Me and no self. 

Me and The Truth. 

Me and God. 

Me & enlightenment. 

Me and my body.

Me and insights, epiphanies, etc. 

Me and experience.

Me and life / me and my life. 

Me and teachers & students. 

Real and unreal. 

Me and a world. 

Me and you. 

Me and everything. 

Absolute & relative. 

Me & knowing, or what I know.

Me & my past or future.

Me & awakenings. 

Me and facets, levels and degrees of me. 

Me & my understanding, or what I understand. 

Me & emotions. 

Me & other stuff like a universe, world, earth, a soul, light, love, an afterlife, concepts, spirituality, heaven, hell, thoughts, science, religion, philosophy, etc. 

There might be thoughts appearing that there is, or that these terms point to different realizations, awakenings, facets, levels, aspects, etc… and those are all thoughts appearing.  

So when it’s said…

You’re lacking _________ or you lack_________ . 

(Such as empathy or compassion). 

You don’t understand / I understand. 

You don’t know / I know. 

There is a problem / you have a problem / we have a problem. 

My energy / your energy.

This forum is _________ / you all are _______.

My ego / your ego / or that there is an ego. 

You’re a bully / victim. 

That someone realized / realizes or practices enlightenment, nonduality and or no self. 

That someone does or doesn’t or needs to or doesn’t need to meditate. 

That someone is triggered. 

That there are people / people thinking, doing, etc. 

You should / they should. 

Someone transcends or embodies. 

You / they / them / people are toxic. 

That people have a shadow. 

That there is divine masculine or feminine, or masculine energy and feminine energy. 

That there is right & wrong, good & bad, guilty & innocent people. 

… these are beliefs which can be inspected & dispelled.

When beliefs are believed to be not beliefs, and true about “someone else”, that is projection.

Projection occurs from the illusory perspective of misidentification as a separate finite self, and the belief(s) are believed to be true about “someone else”. 

Introspection reveals this is not the case or actuality. 

At first it seems like enlightenment is this state that the self can attain. 

Then the desire for enlightenment fades away gradually and life becomes so vibrant that it's clear this has been and is enlightenment all along. 

Pure fullness with not a single gap, no distance, pure intimacy.

♾️

A helpful distinction I thought I may add is between what we can call a "Spiritual Awakening" and Enlightenment. 

The spiritual awakening is essentially an inner opening that cannot be reversed, this is the 3rd ox herding picture, this is when we see that we are infinite consciousness. There tends to be a honeymoon phase for a while until the conditioning resurfaces and deeper traumatic energies come up, this then opens the door to purification. The oscillation between unveiled being and conditioning makes it seem as if the true nature is a transient experience.

"Enlightenment" or Self Realization is something (although it actually is not a thing or an "it") deeper that remains after purification of trauma and the further letting go of beliefs. Enlightenment is not a "finish line", Enlightenment is not a state or any thing that can be attained. Enlightenment doesn't mean all of the challenges of what we call life are solved. Enlightenment is this already. 👌 

Put in simpler terms, the spiritual awakening is when the light in your garage turns on for the first time, the light is on, but now you see all the shit inside your garage and it's a mess. Enlightenment is what remains when the garage is emptied out.

♾️

Spinoza taught Man doesn't exist, only the Whole exists.  He called the Whole Absolute Infinity.  And he thought the highest spirituality was within the delusion of Man (because he assumed most people are not enlightened) to worship Absolute Infinity as the true being that exists despite the illusion/delusion of Man.  Spinoza didn't think that "I am that" applies, that's how he differs from Vedanta.  Spinoza would say you are the Whole in one illusory form with a false identity.  The Whole ain't you, and only the Whole exists as One Infinity.  You're a blip of the Whole thinking it's more than it is.  You get the there ain't no separate self thing, because that form is a false identity of the Whole, and only the Whole is a true identity.  The infinite doesn't know the finite because the finite is a false sectioning-out of the Infinite.  Full enlightenment for Spinoza would be realizing only the Whole exists (and being that), and that forms having any kind of identity are an illusion/delusion due to a false existence being given to them via confused ideas.  All the forms are really part of the Whole but without there being a distinction between part and Whole too because only the Whole truly exists as an individual and it's Infinite.

Edited by Joseph Maynor