By all means, trot out your ideas.

1. Change prisons, make them non profit

2. Send them to Australia like I said

3. Give them some shitty state like Louisiana 

4. Give to some kind of psychiatric study group to do tests and shit

5. Make them live in a house like the real world for reality TV show

6. Give them the shitty jobs no one wants, and the rest us get ubi

7. Underground cities

8. They get the dangerous missions on the fringes of ground breaking ocean and space exploration 

9.  Guinea pigs for experimental surgery

10. Human sized hamster wheels 

I'm not claiming these are all good ideas, just better than what we have now.

2 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

1. Change prisons, make them non profit

2. Send them to Australia like I said

3. Give them some shitty state like Louisiana 

5. Make them live in a house like the real world for reality TV show

7. Underground cities

8. They get the dangerous missions on the fringes of ground breaking ocean and space exploration 

10. Human sized hamster wheels 

I'm not claiming these are all good ideas, just better than what we have now.

I completely disagree with you. These are great ideas and better than what we have now. I specifically support numbers 5, 8, and 10. 10 is my favorite.

5 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

this is already the case

for coding & software engineering services message me on discord

Having ubi in the first place would cut down enormously on all crime, and the jobs I mean are like the jobs civilians have now, between that and automation, we wouldn't have to work soul crushing jobs, and that would cut down on crime in the first place too.  The extreme options would be reserved for those who fail to do the better ones.  There is definitely some way that even the most psychopathic specimen could do something to further society, as opposed to just bodies rotting in prisons that we pay for that don't do anybody anywhere any good.  Raise the quality of civilian life from what it is now for "law abiding" individuals, and make that the new "punishment", simultaneously making advances we can't make now.  

Edited by Jonas Long

Obviously, decriminalize drugs period.  Between that, Ubi, getting rid of for profit prisons, and extreme law enforcement reformation, the criminal population would be shrunk to a teeny tiny fraction of what it is. From there, the solutions won't seem nearly so overwhelming. 

Of course not

Hmm...in most cases I would agree but there are situations where the individual is better off simply not on the planet.  They are beyond all rehabilitation and are just pure evil.  You can't just keep shifting them around to different prisons - its better to just remove them and then save space for those that can be rehabilitated. 

Edited by Robed Mystic

Just now, Robed Mystic said:

Hmm...in most cases I would agree but there are situations where the individual is better off simply not on the planet.  They are beyond all rehabilitation and are just Pure evil.  You can't just keep shifting them around to different prisons - its better to just remove them and then save space for those that can be rehabilitated. 

Read my original list of 10 better ideas than what we currently have for violent criminals, give them one of those. 

3 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

Hmm...in most cases I would agree but there are situations where the individual is better off simply not on the planet.  They are beyond all rehabilitation and are just pure evil.  You can't just keep shifting them around to different prisons - it’s better to just remove them and then save space for those that can be rehabilitated. 

That’s you! 

1 minute ago, Jonas Long said:

Read my original list of 10 better ideas than what we currently have for violent criminals, give them one of those. 

Those are all pretty silly - just saying.   Like for example we would actually give violent criminals a whole state to themselves.   Come on...

Those are all pretty silly - just saying.   Like for example we would actually give violent criminals a whole state to themselves.   Come on...

Pick one of the others then.  England did do that already btw, that's what Australia is.

Honestly they're all a lot less silly than what we have now. 

Edited by Jonas Long

The only one I like is guinea pigs for scientific study.  But I don't know if this would be enough.   Giving them a house isn't really good.   They would just foil dangerous missions.  Underground cities...please elaborate?  We are talking the worst of the worst here  ~ so would you want them wielding any type of power?  

1 minute ago, Robed Mystic said:

The only one I like is guinea pigs for scientific study.  But I don't know if this would be enough.   Giving them a house isn't really good.   They would just foil dangerous missions.  Underground cities...please elaborate?  We are talking the worst of the worst here  ~ so would you want them wielding any type of power?  

The assumption about "the worst of the worst" is pure concept, doesn't mean shit.  Same with "power".