a question about meditation

Blessed2

Why didn't you come to my house like 7 years ago, beat me with a baseball bat until I'm on the ground barely even moving anymore, and threaten me with a gun, forcing me to adopt a daily meditation practice, saying if I don't comply, you'd be back with a friend and beat me again?

Are you some kind of a sick psychopath? 

There must be an effortless way.

34 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Who is this second you who should have abused the first you in the past? Wasn't that the misunderstanding to begin with? 

😁

Though I meant generally speaking anyone. You. Mandy should have come to my house and beat me up. U made me waste YEARS.

The whole "spirituality thing" started when I googled "how to stop suffering". An article about buddhism and meditation came up.

Tried meditation maybe 3 times, "it's too uncomfortable!", and never really committed to it.

And then Actualized, alcohol and cannabis addiction, days and weeks and months just lying on the bed feeling like total shit, literally psychosis, psych ward, pills, failed opportunities and relationships, gut wrenching suffering...

I wonder how it would have been if I'd just have questioned the thoughts about meditation. Or if someone would just have beaten the living shit out of me.

18 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

Why didn't you come to my house like 7 years ago, beat me with a baseball bat until I'm on the ground barely even moving anymore, and threaten me with a gun, forcing me to adopt a daily meditation practice, saying if I don't comply, you'd be back with a friend and beat me again?

Because the spheres situation is actually true. 

This is my superhero origin story. You never know who needs it and when, so it's best to just hit random houses and beat up as many people as possible.

For legal purposes I must mention that this is a joke. So if you hear about a wanted criminal who forces a meditation practice on his victims, it's not me.

5 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

The whole "spirituality thing" started when I googled "how to stop suffering". An article about buddhism and meditation came up.

Tried meditation maybe 3 times, "it's too uncomfortable!", and never really committed to it.

And then Actualized, alcohol and cannabis addiction, days and weeks and months just lying on the bed feeling like total shit, literally psychosis, psych ward, pills, failed opportunities and relationships, gut wrenching suffering...

I wonder how it would have been if I'd just have questioned the thoughts about meditation. Or if someone would just have beaten the living shit out of me.

Out of all the practices I've done and all the psychedelics, I still think meditating a couple of hours a day is the #1 killer practice.  I just started up again after slacking off on this the last couple of months.  The holidays got me all screwed up.  I was on a roll last year for a long time doing 2 hours a day or more.  2 hours is a good number though.  That seems to be where I get the benefit.  1 hour doesn't seem to do it for me.

On 1/29/2024 at 7:06 PM, Joseph Maynor said:

Out of all the practices I've done and all the psychedelics, I still think meditating a couple of hours a day is the #1 killer practice.  I just started up again after slacking off on this the last couple of months.  The holidays got me all screwed up.  I was on a roll last year for a long time doing 2 hours a day or more.  2 hours is a good number though.  That seems to be where I get the benefit.  1 hour doesn't seem to do it for me.

Are you sure you're not just "taking naps"?

On 1/29/2024 at 8:49 PM, Blessed2 said:

Enough to know that I should have started years ago and not waste all this time on nonsense.

Forget these sentences which will make you meditate 24/7. And there will be no you who didn't meditate for years or meditate for years.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

23 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

Is all spiritual "teachings" that do not recommend meditation as key practice full of shit? 🤔

Absolutely. 

The assumption there is spirituality stands to be investigated satisfactorily, as does the presumption there is an object which could be taught by a subject. 

Tonight while falling asleep, simply remain awake. 

On 1/30/2024 at 2:06 AM, Joseph Maynor said:

What meditation technique do you use?