2024 - Responsibility and FUN things

Reena

Time to JUST DO IT. 

Edited by Reena

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

List 3 fun things I wanna do. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

Responsibility towards creating a better future for me. 

Posted (edited)

8azoet.gif

Think about the Intelligent Force.. 

I wish I had a PR machine that would guide me on how to deal with things. 

Because I felt like I always lacked proper guidance.. 

People who are well versed with problem solving. 

8azoji.gif

Edited by Reena

Posted (edited)

8azr6f.gif

What values inform the way I live my life and my decision-making?

Our values directly guide our behaviors and actions. They are unconditional and have no contingencies. If we don't act on a particular value in a given moment, it doesn't disqualify that value or deem it less important to us. We have the chance to recalibrate, reevaluate, and choose how much credence we'll give to a particular value. In our values, we find our pain; in our pain, we find our values.

8azq0e.gif

Edited by Reena

I'm also understanding more and more about mental illness. Mentally ill people can act like children. 

Throughout my mental illness I have exhibited symptoms of immaturity and kidult behavior. 

There is very low emotional and self awareness. 

I'm going to rely on the Divine Masculine 

Posted (edited)

8b0nd9.gif

What am I avoidant or fearful of facing about myself?

It is crucial to identify what these attributes or negative characteristics are. If we don't, we run the risk of getting emotionally and somatically triggered, projecting onto others, and becoming defensive and protective in our interactions with ourselves and others. Facing our imperfections, wounded parts, and adaptations (what helped us survive) can be incredibly validating and freeing. It can compel us to connect with our vulnerability and relational and compassionate best self.

8b0nga.gif

Edited by Reena

8b0nd9.gif

What am I continually believing about myself that sets me up for certain behavioral patterns?

These patterns can be both positive and negative. We have narratives and fixed ideas about who we are, how we are, and the life we're destined to live. Some negative thoughts include, "I am unlucky," "I'm an angry person," "It's too difficult for me to change," etc. These thoughts evoke negative feelings and perpetuate maladaptive and sometimes unproductive behaviors and behavior patterns.

8b0nga.gif

What's important to me? 

identifying my values and stipulate specific steps to take to live a meaningful and joyful valued life.

8b0nd9.gif

What is my core belief(s) focused on? 

According to Aaron Beck, the father of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), our negative core beliefs center around ineffectiveness, unlovability, and helplessness. Some of us may focus on one or more of these core beliefs. It's helpful to identify which ones so that when you're evoked, you can connect to which one is being prodded and contemplate how to address the challenge with more openness and conscious awareness.

How does my stuckness benefit me? 

We desire to work through the stuckness. We would have let it go long ago if we were able to and were desiring to do so.

There's some secondary gain that we get out of our behaviors. They serve a purpose for us. We may not necessarily be proud of or be conscious of what those benefits are, but understanding that better is the key to forging ahead and exponentially improving your life.

What triggers me?

Think about your triggers and what evokes you in an intense, emotionally provocative way. This is direct information and insight into letting you know the parts of you that still need healing and need to be directly worked on. We often blame our triggers on others' behaviors. We need to take ownership of what that says about the way we see and think about ourselves. No one triggers you; you get triggered.

I need to get thick skin. 

Why is this video so triggering to me? 

I think a couple of things helped me. Actually distracting with TV is a really good idea. Do you remember when we are children and scared or suffering a nightmare, our parents try to distract us by singing a song or giving us a toy to play with. 

So watching something definitely helps me. But there is a condition. You should not turn the distraction into an addiction. You should do things in moderation. 

Also pay attention to the stuff you watch or hear. Do you watch horror movies or constant negative news? I have found that when I watch something that is supposed to create fear, it has an after effect where the fear lingers. People who are anxiety prone like you and me should watch something pleasant. For example I'll listen to birds singing, lots of videos like that. They create positive feelings. The body is unfortunately used to negativity because of being in a stressed state. 

Another very effective method is to go on vacation. When I went on vacation a few years ago to Goa and other places, I felt much better and it decreased my fear levels significantly. I was getting good sleep. 

Cut down any salty food in your diet. I have found that my fear levels are higher on days when I consume spicy food. Eat calming foods like salad and cucumber. Tomatoes help a lot with anxiety.

The next thing that helped me was something my psychiatrist suggested. It's writing and doing 3-4 fun things to do in a day and doing it. Doodling, painting or craft or singing or watching something cute and fun. It creates good feelings. I have a thread called Fun Activity Thread. Just doing only 1 fun thing is so effective in replacing fear with calmness or pleasantness. 

I found that meditation my anxiety increases. So I don't do it or do it only sometimes. 

But doing fun stuff significantly helps deal with anxiety and fear. 

I'll be posting more videos on tricks and hacks on defeating anxiety on that thread 

If you try to do something big like sudden change in lifestyle, then it doesn't work because that action itself creates more pressure or stress. For example if you are feeling fear and if I told you to go to the gym, it might create more pressure to suddenly change your body to do something heavy and thus create more resistance and so more fear. 

The trick is to do little things here and there that are fun. But not go too overboard with heavy stuff. 

5 hours ago, Reena said:

Actually distracting with TV is a really good idea. Do you remember when we are children and scared or suffering a nightmare, our parents try to distract us by singing a song or giving us a toy to play with.

👍👍👍

Children don't try to "face it". Children don't try to "feel fully". They feel, and cry when it feels off. 💗 They literally just run to mom/dad. Or hide.

5 hours ago, Reena said:

But there is a condition.

Nope. 🙂

There must be an effortless way.