Spiritual Misguidance & Misleadership

8 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Attachment (including attaching to detaching) to any-thing is delusion.  Awareness doesn't control maya (the false).  There's no need to detach, it's just N/A as it's landing nowhere near You.  Whatever is happening happens without Your involvement.  In other words, what's going on here is not spiritual enlightenment.  This talk can never suffice on its own for Self-realization.  It's all the Self being seated in some sense in the body-mind to try to teach a false self and a false other about how to awake while being Awake.  This is what Love is.  

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

You must be trolling at this point .

This isn't going anywhere. 

I'm signing off.

I just listened to 3+ hour of Jim Newman meetings while painting my house. He doesn't let people comment on his YouTube channel( understandably so) and Phil makes this whole forum available for ya all. Not sure what the entitlement is for the message to change for you. 

Youtube Channel  

@Mandy no ill feelings towards Phil or you sister  i love him..I simply just don't buy this whole no self business for a coin. I come from a Hindu tradition and I totally understand antaman (no self ). It's partly true and partly false. But he overused it to a worrying degree. Like it's the magical solution that's gonna get you unhooked from the matrix .NO . Get real. I exist .you exist  Phil exists.  Let's face this mysterious existence head on instead of shoving our ass under the blanket of "there is no me and nothing matters "

2 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Can you put forth that assertion in a way that is not conceptual? 

There is no you.

That there aren’t separate selves, like there aren’t unicorns, is reality and not an assertion of anything nor conceptual. 

That there are separate selves, just as that there are unicorns, would be an assertion and is conceptual. 

Separate selves = materialist’s paradigm. 

1 minute ago, Phil said:

There is no you.

That there aren’t separate selves, like there aren’t unicorns, is reality and not an assertion of anything nor conceptual. 

That there are separate selves, just as that there are unicorns, would be an assertion and is conceptual. 

Just because a heart and a kidney are of the same whole doesn't mean they aren't distinct in ways and perform different functions.

2 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Just because a heart and a kidney are of the same whole doesn't mean they aren't distinct in ways and perform different functions.

That’s thought attachment. Rationalizations.

That which is truly whole is not a thing, therein there aren’t hearts & kidneys. Functions as well.

These are all beliefs. The matrix. Materialist’s paradigm. 

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

That’s thought attachment. Rationalizations.

That which is truly whole is not a thing, therein there aren’t hearts & kidneys. Functions as well.

These are all beliefs. The matrix. Materialist’s paradigm. 

In an infinite world of possibilities, of course there are unicorns.  Obviously.  Your stubbornness is a trait.  It's undeniable, it's personality.  It probably effects your whole life, appearance-wise.  What symptoms are the psychosomatic manifestations of that? 

21 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I simply just don't buy this whole no self business for a coin

Why would you buy anything. Just LOOK for  FUCK SAKE, and keep looking 😂 You haven't understood a single thing about no-self because there is nothing to understand. There is only the direct experience which will verify what this is all about, but you keep thinking there is something to understand or figure out. 

Yes you exist!! but not as this little thing inside your head which can be depressed or angry or unworthy, or think thoughts that they have all this antaman figured out.

25 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Mandy no ill feelings towards Phil or you sister  i love him..I simply just don't buy this whole no self business for a coin.

It’s free. 

I come from a Hindu tradition and I totally understand antaman (no self ).

That’s the you there isn’t. The “one that understands”. 

It's partly true and partly false.

Truth is absolute.

But he overused it to a worrying degree.

There isn’t that self either. 🤷 This is reality.

Like it's the magical solution that's gonna get you unhooked from the matrix .

There already isn’t that self of thoughts. 

NO . Get real. I exist .you exist  Phil exists.  Let's face this mysterious existence head on instead of shoving our ass under the blanket of

That is thought attachment. 

"there is no me and nothing matters "

Oh there’s me, there’s just no you. 

5 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

In an infinite world of possibilities, of course there are unicorns.  Obviously. 

Check direct experience. 

There is no “infinite world of possibilities”, obviously. 

5 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Your stubbornness is a trait.  It's undeniable, it's personality.  It probably effects your whole life, appearance-wise.  What symptoms are the psychosomatic manifestations of that? 

There’s no you.