Spiritual Misguidance & Misleadership

41 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Mandy no ill feelings towards Phil or you sister  i love him..I simply just don't buy this whole no self business for a coin. I come from a Hindu tradition and I totally understand antaman (no self ). It's partly true and partly false. But he overused it to a worrying degree. Like it's the magical solution that's gonna get you unhooked from the matrix .NO . Get real. I exist .you exist  Phil exists.  Let's face this mysterious existence head on instead of shoving our ass under the blanket of "there is no me and nothing matters "

There's no our ass and no blanket. Argue that one. 

Youtube Channel  

6 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

It's an analogy.... are analogies not politically correct anymore?  Should have asked first...

Maybe you are also an analogy, you Mexican stand off you. Politically correct or no. 

Youtube Channel  

Posted (edited)
On 12/9/2023 at 9:49 AM, Phil said:

Like the weather, spiritual misguidance and misleadership seems to just happen, without any need for separation, such as separate selves. 

This thread is for dispelling therein. 

Any examples that might be clarifying are welcomed, as well as any questions. 

One example is the misinformation that there is absolute & relative truth.

If there is absolute and relative truth, this implies there is not, absolute truth, as absolute means - absolute, and therefore any “relative truth” would mean truth is not, absolute. So there can’t be, and isn’t, absolute and relative truth. 

Such is the pointing of the word - nonduality, or, not two, no second. 

Some specific examples of misleadership, which could also be rightfully referred to as manipulation and deception in terms of there being relative truth,  would be that 2 + 2 = 4, and cat is spelled c a t. 

At first glance it’s easy to agree that there is, “relative truth”, because after all, 2 + 2 does equal 4, and cat is spelled; c a t… isn’t it?

Initially it seems very obvious these are true, and the notion this is not the case may seem ludicrous. 

However, with a little scrutiny, it can be noticed 2, addition, 4, cat, c, a, and t - are apparent finite thoughts, expressed.

Put another way, these thoughts expressed are labels expressed. Thought labels, upon, perception. 

As these thoughts are believed, indeed it seems like there is, absolute and relative truth. 

As these thoughts are not believed, it’s very obvious that “absolute & relative truth” is, a thought, and is not, truth. 

This recognition leave room for the truth, being that which is aware of, these thoughts. 

Or most simply put - awareness. 

Put another way…  2 is not truth, addition is not truth, 4 is not truth, cat is not truth, c, a & are not truth.

Awareness, The Truth, is aware of these apparent thoughts, 2, addition, 4, cat, c, a, and t. 

These shared thoughts are collectively  agreed upon. That doesn’t equate to true or truth.

There is an experience of learning and agreeing that 2 + 2 = 4, and cat is spelled c a t, just as there is an experience of meaning. 

Such as, that the thought & sound “two”, means, 1 and 1, and so on. 

Agreeing does not mean, believing or believed. 

That is, there is an experience of these thoughts and the meaning therein… yet… an experience of, is not at all the same as these thoughts, and this meaning - being believed. 

The specific agreeance is that these thoughts define or represent, a separate thing or object of - perception. 

That there is separation, as in separate things or objects is in actuality - a belief. 

Thus there is, spiritual misleadership, which does not require a leader, as in - a separate self, any more than the weather requires a weatherman. 

That there is a need for a weatherman as it pertains to there being an experience of weather, or a spiritual teacher as it pertains to truth, would be a great example of confusion, about truth being dualistic, as in absolute and relative. In terms of spiritual misleadership, this is a great example of awareness, through the lens awareness is being, purporting to be offering clarity, when in fact confused & offering confusion, and therein there is experientially, manipulation & deception, or, spiritual misleadership. 

Awareness aware of awareness, as is, already - is without manipulation & deception, as innocence is - absolute. 

On 12/9/2023 at 9:49 AM, Phil said:

Like the weather, spiritual misguidance and misleadership seems to just happen, without any need for separation, such as separate selves. 

This thread is for dispelling therein. 

Any examples that might be clarifying are welcomed, as well as any questions. 

One example is the misinformation that there is absolute & relative truth.

If there is absolute and relative truth, this implies there is not, absolute truth, as absolute means - absolute, and therefore any “relative truth” would mean truth is not, absolute. So there can’t be, and isn’t, absolute and relative truth. 

Such is the pointing of the word - nonduality, or, not two, no second. 

Some specific examples of misleadership, which could also be rightfully referred to as manipulation and deception in terms of there being relative truth,  would be that 2 + 2 = 4, and cat is spelled c a t. 

At first glance it’s easy to agree that there is, “relative truth”, because after all, 2 + 2 does equal 4, and cat is spelled; c a t… isn’t it?

Initially it seems very obvious these are true, and the notion this is not the case may seem ludicrous. 

However, with a little scrutiny, it can be noticed 2, addition, 4, cat, c, a, and t - are apparent finite thoughts, expressed.

Put another way, these thoughts expressed are labels expressed. Thought labels, upon, perception. 

As these thoughts are believed, indeed it seems like there is, absolute and relative truth. 

As these thoughts are not believed, it’s very obvious that “absolute & relative truth” is, a thought, and is not, truth. 

This recognition leave room for the truth, being that which is aware of, these thoughts. 

Or most simply put - awareness. 

Put another way…  2 is not truth, addition is not truth, 4 is not truth, cat is not truth, c, a & are not truth.

Awareness, The Truth, is aware of these apparent thoughts, 2, addition, 4, cat, c, a, and t. 

These shared thoughts are collectively  agreed upon. That doesn’t equate to true or truth.

There is an experience of learning and agreeing that 2 + 2 = 4, and cat is spelled c a t, just as there is an experience of meaning. 

Such as, that the thought & sound “two”, means, 1 and 1, and so on. 

Agreeing does not mean, believing or believed. 

That is, there is an experience of these thoughts and the meaning therein… yet… an experience of, is not at all the same as these thoughts, and this meaning - being believed. 

The specific agreeance is that these thoughts define or represent, a separate thing or object of - perception. 

That there is separation, as in separate things or objects is in actuality - a belief. 

Thus there is, spiritual misleadership, which does not require a leader, as in - a separate self, any more than the weather requires a weatherman. 

That there is a need for a weatherman as it pertains to there being an experience of weather, or a spiritual teacher as it pertains to truth, would be a great example of confusion, about truth being dualistic, as in absolute and relative. In terms of spiritual misleadership, this is a great example of awareness, through the lens awareness is being, purporting to be offering clarity, when in fact confused & offering confusion, and therein there is experientially, manipulation & deception, or, spiritual misleadership. 

Awareness aware of awareness, as is, already - is without manipulation & deception, as innocence is - absolute. 

You are limiting the Absolute to language.   Don't do that.  You can't and you know this.   You are simply missing perspective.   For example- if i look at 2 + 2 = 5 - I can realize that absolutely this is correct.  Because from a certain POV all digits are one.  But I can also shift my consciousness and realize that relative to mathematics this isn't correct.  Thus, in that sense the relative does exist.   So you can say that the relative and the Absolute exists.   Really, they aren't existing simultaneously- because what your current perspective is like- is what reality is for you at that given time

Edited by Robed Mystic

Posted (edited)
On 3/8/2024 at 3:20 PM, Jonas Long said:

I've been awake so long I went back to sleep and am still woker than y'all 

Lol.  You're far from woke.  You're intelligent and open minded - but enlightenment will be decades away.  This is because of your arrogance. 

Edited by Robed Mystic

26 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

You are limiting the Absolute to language.   Don't do that.  You can't and you know this.   You are simply missing perspective.   For example- if i look at 2 + 2 = 5 - I can realize that absolutely this is correct.  Because from a certain POV all digits are one.  But I can also shift my consciousness and realize that relative to mathematics this isn't correct.  Thus, in that sense the relative does exist.   So you can say that the relative and the Absolute exists.   Really, they aren't existing simultaneously- because what your current perspective is like- is what reality is for you at that given time

There’s no you. That is the (illusory) limitation. 

Nonetheless, if it resonates to empty via the you interpretation… empty away. Missing perspectives, lack, an absolute and a relative, even what a you can and can’t say or what a doer must do or not do… truly, no worries. What doesn’t resonate will only keep coming up again and again to empty of.  This is a good place for it. 

1 minute ago, Phil said:

There’s no you. That is the (illusory) limitation. 

Nonetheless, if it resonates to empty via the you interpretation… empty away. Missing perspectives, lack, an absolute and a relative, even what a you can and can’t say… truly, no worries. What doesn’t resonate will only keep coming up again and again to empty of.  This is a good place for it. 

There doesn't need to be a you in this equation.  Again - we are using language so it is limited.   But what I said is absolutely true with or without a you to interpret it.  But...there IS One who interprets.. but this isn't the self.  I like to say it's the "royal" Self  like in Buddhism.   It is God.

Just now, Robed Mystic said:

There doesn't need to be a you in this equation. 

29 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

You are limiting the Absolute to language.  

You can't and you know this.   

You are simply missing perspective.  

you can say that the relative and the Absolute exists.  

what your current perspective is like-

is what reality is for you at that given time

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Phil said:

The equation is, let's say, 2 + 2 = 5. To actually  realize that this is one - who is doing it? Is anyone?  Likewise - who is realizing that it 2 + 2 doesn't equal 5?  No one does - or God.  So when I say there isn't a you required in the equation I mean the false you..

Edited by Robed Mystic

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

True 🙂

That's the mother of all pointers.  This is why I think Love is using the illusory self to help other illusory selves to Awaken, while also knowing that this is an illusion in reference to the Self (a.k.a. Awareness) which is nondual.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Phil said:

It’s like a you parade passin through. 😆 

The you is an easy distraction to the data I have provided.   When i challenged you - what did you go to...your very old and ancient there isn't a you.  How convenient of you.  Actually it's pretty pathetic .  Why don't you address the arguments directly without deflecting?  

Edited by Robed Mystic