Spiritual Misguidance & Misleadership

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

Exactly! 😄

Okay let us sit in silence and bask in our wisdom.

Edited by Orb

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

Just now, ivankiss said:

The Unconditional Self doesn't even think or say "ok". Its more like a in a fixed state of "whatever" all the time.

Does this sound true and why not?

"Good luck with being humble if arrogance is suppressed and denied, when it arises."

Arrogance only seems like a thing which could be suppressed or denied from the illusory perspective of a separate self.

Not awake, as it were. The veil of thought attachment, or, the illusion of ignorance. 

Arrogance: An attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions. As in superiority, an exaggerated sense of one's importance that shows itself in the making of excessive or unjustified claims.

Arrogance points to the attitude, which is of delusion, which is of suppressed emotion.

The delusion is that there is a separate self, the one who knows & understands, that there are, states.

“States” is a deeply manipulative & deceptive way to aggrandize rather than address the separate self of thoughts.

As there aren’t separate selves already the superiority upon which arrogance arises is in actuality the delusion of mistaken identification with apparent thoughts. 

Just now, Blessed2 said:

Cancer? You're not feeling fully.

Not feeling quite right of what's shared? Arrogance.

The assumption is that you're supposed to solve challenges by feeling fully. This is not at all the case. If you have cancer you have cancer. 

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Phil said:

“Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth".

Meek: humble, gentle, mild, kind.

This seems to be attachment to the ego in the sense it sets up a morality (a desire or craving) of -- my or someone else's ego should be this or that way.  The Jesus ego being attached to an an ideal for all ego.  This I think is a trap and leads to suffering.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

This seems to be attachment to the ego in the sense it sets up a morality (a desire or attachment) of -- my or someone else's ego should be this or that way.

Thoughts appear. The believing of thoughts, thought attachment, obscured by thoughts… are synonymous… different phrasings, same pointing. 

That there is an ego which could be attached to is a conceptualization of the actuality; thoughts appear. 

And not even.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

This is because you think Awareness is a mind.  

No awareness and mind are the same thing.   Both are shapeless - but I do think reality is awareness.  And reality is mind.  We can use these terms interchangeably.

Edited by Robed Mystic

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Phil said:

“Mind” is anthropomorphizing. A concept, belief. 

The point is that reality is a mental construct not physical.  It's stated for the distinction  - but you can inject any word that conflicts.  Matter is appearance without substance.   Everything is hallucination.   

Edited by Robed Mystic

20 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

The point is that reality is a mental construct not physical.  It's stated for the distinction  - but you can inject any word that conflicts.  Matter is appearance without substance.   Everything is hallucination.   

Maybe it seems like reality is a mental construct in believing in mental constructs. It’s just a thought. There’s nothing mental or constructed, the lens is an empty sphere.

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Phil said:

Maybe it seems like reality is a mental construct in believing in mental constructs. It’s just a thought. There’s nothing mental or constructed, the lens is an empty sphere.

This would mean that there is also nothing physical.   You then are saying it's neither mental or physical -  It's just an empty sphere.  First off - a sphere isn't emptiness.  Secondly, this is a definitive statement, no different than saying its mental or physical.  But here you instead have stated that reality is an empty sphere..  this is a thought.   A lens is also a thought.   So it may seem that reality is just an empty sphere - but there are no empty spheres.  It's just a thought.

Edited by Robed Mystic

2 hours ago, Robed Mystic said:

This would mean that there is also nothing physical.   

Meaning is the thought, meaning, same for purpose, value & worth - yes?

Believed - beliefs, isn’t it so?

Inherently implies “a knower” (that there is meaning, purpose, value & worth) - yes?

The “separate self”, yes?

You then are saying it's neither mental or physical -  It's just an empty sphere. 

An apparent sphere which apparent thoughts appear in. Without beliefs (namely meaning, purpose, value & worth) - empty.

Beliefs are the apparent activity of thought. Meaning, purpose, value & worth are the pillars of the separate self, the knower which knowers there is… meaning, purpose, value & worth. “Empty sphere” as in, without these thoughts, including the knower, emptied of beliefs / empty 

First off - a sphere isn't emptiness. 

What about without the beliefs of meaning, purpose, value, worth and the inherent misidentification therein as / belief in, a knower (understander as well)?

Secondly, this is a definitive statement, no different than saying its mental or physical. 

Definitive statement is also a thought, isn’t it so?

Without the thought / belief that there are definitive statements, and without the knower which knower there are definitive statements… is the lens empty?

What is the somewhere-sphere like without the obscuring beliefs & misidentification ‘in’ / of the lens-sphere?

But here you instead have stated that reality is an empty sphere..  this is a thought.   

The thought, “this is an empty sphere”, appears ‘in’ / as, the empty sphere. 

A lens is also a thought.   So it may seem that reality is just an empty sphere - but there are no empty spheres.  It's just a thought.

Same. 

@Robed Mystic

Is health / well-being paramount, most significant, most relevant?

https://chatgpt.com/share/1fd19cfa-f95f-4d74-aa7c-36c2fd648903

If not, what is more paramount, significant or relevant than health / well-being? 

What is specifically off, or not agreeable in regard to this statement:

There aren’t separate selves, ‘all’ is unconditional love, put well-being first. 

13 minutes ago, Phil said:

Meaning is the thought, meaning, same for purpose, value & worth - yes?

Believed - beliefs, isn’t it so?

Inherently implies “a knower” (that there is meaning, purpose, value & worth) - yes?

Inherent where?  Inheritant to what.

Just spinning a nice word salad...I'll take green peppers and onions on mine 😀

20 minutes ago, Phil said:

What is specifically off, or not agreeable in regard to this statement:

There aren’t separate selves, ‘all’ is unconditional love, put well-being first. 

1-there are separate selves.  I'm a self. You are a self . I have a discrete physical body that separates me from all else which is not me aka external world. 

2-Love ? Good luck telling that to a starving homeless family being attacked by Bazookas in Gaza on daily basis .

3-Truth is more important than well being . I would rather know the truth even if its ugly and brutal than romanticism with comforting lies . And the truth indeed is ugly . It's only few decades to go before being tossed in your grave and turn into ashes . And who knows what the fucking fuck is next .