Holding back my Personality Around People

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

The implication is there is a self (1), which has, a personality (2).  

Only a finite self could have a finite thing, aspect or quality. 

And there is no finite self. 

What makes the self infinite?

Isnt the human body and lifespan finite as we see in objective reality? 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

Just now, Reena said:

What makes the self infinite?

Infinite essentially means no finite, so there isn’t “something else” which makes infinite, infinite. 

Contemplatively, it’s quite a mind bender isn’t it? 

Consciousness, and by that all that’s meant is the consciousness conscious right now… is infinite.

Consciousness didn’t begin, and consciousness can not end, as consciousness is not a finite thing.

Just now, Reena said:

Isnt the human body and lifespan finite as we see in objective reality? 

Consciousness appears as the concept about there being other than, consciousness. 

Consciousness / awareness, is aware of thought, perception and sensation. While it can seem like ‘human body’ is not a thought, and is ‘an object in’ perception, ‘human body’ is a thought, which consciousness is appearing as. It is the same for lifespan, or objective reality ‘in’ perception. 

In the manor of ‘steps leading back to awareness’… notice in truth, there has never been an experience of “we see”. 

As a half step, there seems to be an experience of “see”. 

In truth, ‘perception’ is an appearance, as is the thought - ‘I see’. 

Based on ‘that I am a separate finite self’… then there seems to be an experience of: ‘I see an objective (separate of me) reality’.

14 minutes ago, Devin said:

Wouldn't nonduality meditation be more aware of sensations, including those of "thought" such as sounds and pictures, but not awareness of "thoughts"? Isn't awareness of thoughts, awareness of separation? Like there's a thought and then everything else.

Awareness of awareness. Which is a redundant way of saying aware of every "thing".

♾️

1 minute ago, Phil said:

A Phil which tried psychedelics is akin to ‘my personality’. 

You must be impossible to interview. 🤣

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

4 minutes ago, Reena said:

You must be impossible to interview. 🤣

I could tell a story, but really… what would be the point? I don’t see any relevance. 

It stands to be misleading, as if somehow psychedelics or perhaps some insight(s) therein are not This, and necessary for infinite to be infinite, or for This to be This. 

6 minutes ago, Devin said:

And there's not a way to not be aware of everything right?

if so meditation is just the thought of someone sitting lotus right?

When it comes to the thought or written out sentence, that's true, it implies effort, it implies a subject and object. 

The truth is, the answer is all in recognizing the subtle beliefs and letting them go. Sometimes a narrative will come up, I'll ask for advice, I'll ask Phil for advice and he will just go straight into non dual which is so irritating when I want my stories validated. Then I step back prior before thought and am like thank you so much! 

♾️

16 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

This is exactly the response I expected lmfao

Someone wants to be in control of the narrative. That someone however likes to obliterate themselves as per situational convenience. 

26 minutes ago, Orb said:

When it comes to the thought or written out sentence, that's true, it implies effort, it implies a subject and object. 

The truth is, the answer is all in recognizing the subtle beliefs and letting them go. Sometimes a narrative will come up, I'll ask for advice, I'll ask Phil for advice and he will just go straight into non dual which is so irritating when I want my stories validated. Then I step back prior before thought and am like thank you so much! 

But isn't "recognizing the subtle beliefs", just another narrative? There's no need to even recognize.

6 minutes ago, Devin said:

But isn't "recognizing the subtle beliefs", just another narrative? There's no need to even recognize.

It's gotten to the point where anything said is nitpicked immediately, I've decided at this point to stay silent and just telepathically communicate with people on this forum.

♾️