When will it end?

noomii

6 minutes ago, Devin said:

What would be an example? An environmentally conscious person working for an oil company, working in a toxic workplace, of course leave that.

If it doesn’t matter what you do… why does it matter if one loves there work?

7 minutes ago, Devin said:

To me it comes off as "ohhh, don't mess up and choose the wrong career, choose the right one! What matters most to you?" Which just puts young people into analysis paralysis and doubt.

What’s “it”?

8 minutes ago, Devin said:

Like take spiritual meme for example, he works software, got in with a toxic company, and Is now considering being a yoga instructor instead. He obviously has software interest and passion, but that seed of doubt planted makes him think the issue is his compatability with software and not his company. If you go through college for some profession there's enough "love" there. 

Did “it” plant the emotional guidance of doubt?

9 minutes ago, Devin said:

If you follow that you will always be seeking "love" from your career and never get it.

What’s “that”?

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

If it doesn’t matter what you do… why does it matter if one loves there work?

I don't think I'd say it does matter to love your work.

What’s “it”?

"Find what you love to do"

Did “it” plant the emotional guidance of doubt?

No, seems "emotional guidance" usually comes from a toxic workplace

What’s “that”?

"Find what career you love"

12 hours ago, Devin said:

But do you see how that subliminally says 'what you do matters'? Like, "don't do a boring job". It's bs to me, I could have the time of my life flipping plain tasteless burgers for 50 years, try to have fun with your coworkers and customers, work part time do yoga and park meditation 2 hours a day, whatever.

Well I mean being pissed off by what society seems to say or demand, is just more focus on what you don't want to be doing. Boredom is an emotion not a judgment.  I'm just saying do what you want to be doing. Often people are willing to pay quite well for something that you're passionate about doing. Not that if no one is paying that you shouldn't do it anyway. 

Youtube Channel  

15 minutes ago, Mandy said:

It's so you don't have to wash your comforter as much, or use a top sheet, so it's sort of a shortcut. 

Is it essential, in the hunter gatherer sense?  Why do guys like him and I know what a duvet is? What are we then? Consumers? Yes, we are victims of a lifestyle obsession, working jobs we hate for crap we don't need.  We were raised to believe we'd be movie stars and rock gods, but we won't.  We're slowly learning  that fact.  And we are very pissed off...

8 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Is it essential, in the hunter gatherer sense?  Why do guys like him and I know what a duvet is? What are we then? Consumers? Yes, we are victims of a lifestyle obsession, working jobs we hate for crap we don't need.  We were raised to believe we'd be movie stars and rock gods, but we won't.  We're slowly learning  that fact.  And we are very pissed off...

You can be anything you put your mind to!!! Reach for the stars!!! Just do it!! Follow your dreams!

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Profesion does not bring you happiness.

Ecclesiastes, Aurelius 'meditations'

Edited by Devin

5 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

I don't know, I'm sending off dead animal cremains that I've put in pretty sparkly things and have more orders than I'd like, I'm living my 12 year old slightly morbid but lover of sparkly things best life dreams as a 35 year old lady and I just paid off my Toyota, I don't own a duvet cover but I like watching videos of people do housecleaning on youtube so I know a lot about it even if I don't really do much, Devin should be really proud of me, WHY DON'T YOU ALL LOVE ME? 

Youtube Channel