Just now, Jonas Long said:

Great.  Like I said, wait a while, something will piss you off, you'll probably start a thread about it here even. 

Yeah I get jealous of people who have girlfriend and I don't have it.I use it as motivation to learn about women and to work on myself.

I suffer from schizoaffective disorder but I am well mediacated.Even with mental illness I try to thrive in this materialistic world.

Transcendence is a trump card you can always pull but it doesn't work in substance.  It's a sham move.  There's an  interplay between ideas and transcendence in this work.  When we're talking about ideas -- it's not ideas or (exclusive or) transcendence -- it's ideas and transcendence.  So just saying "transcendence" in a discussion of ideas/constructs, it doesn't add anything constructive to the conversation.  Of course we can  transcend! We know that!  On the other hand, we work with ideas/constructs and we know that too.  This is something that I find is very hard to get through to people.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 minutes ago, Alexander said:

Yeah I get jealous of people who have girlfriend and I don't have it.I use it as motivation to learn about women and to work on myself.

I suffer from schizoaffective disorder but I am well mediacated.Even with mental illness I try to thrive in this materialistic world.

The you that is never bothered is the eternal non judging observer of it all, which is in fact nondual.

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Transcendence is a trump card you can always pull but it doesn't work in substance.  It's a sham move.  There's an  interplay between ideas and transcendence in this work.  When we're talking about ideas -- it's not ideas or transcendence -- it's ideas and transcendence.  So just saying transcendence doesn't add anything constructive to ideas when it's ideas we're discussing.  Of course we can  transcend, we know that.  But we also work with ideas and we know that too.  This is something that's very hard to communicate to people I find.

Yeah I agree to transcend self doesn't bring any realistic value to one's life.

6 minutes ago, Orb said:

@Alexander 😂😂😂 same 

The side eye was because of the "contempt" typo. 

Contentment is great. 

Take a step deeper, a step inward. 

Do You come before or after thoughts? 

Listen I realize Awareness and that thoughts create self .I enjoy things that that self wants.It is guiding me through life.I also like opinions, judgmenta etc that thoughts create.

13 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Transcendence is a trump card you can always pull but it doesn't work in substance.  It's a sham move.  There's an  interplay between ideas and transcendence in this work.  When we're talking about ideas -- it's not ideas or (exclusive or) transcendence -- it's ideas and transcendence.  So just saying "transcendence" in a discussion of ideas/constructs, it doesn't add anything constructive to the conversation.  Of course we can  transcend! We know that!  On the other hand, we work with ideas/constructs and we know that too.  This is something that I find is very hard to get through to people.

Forget about your house of cards

4 minutes ago, Alexander said:

Listen I realize Awareness and that thoughts create self .I enjoy things that that self wants.It is guiding me through life.I also like opinions, judgmenta etc that thoughts create.

Which of these feels more like the essence of "You":

The sensation in the fingertips, the sensation in the whole body, the vibration of sound and light and sunshine? 

Or the thoughts that arise? 

Which one feels more "true", which one feels more fundamental?

Edited by Orb

♾️

2 minutes ago, Alexander said:

But when you aren't enjoying them, you are suffering from them.  It's fine, but, when the suffering part happens you'll come back here with questions about why that is.  That's part of what brought you here, to this forum, in the first place, isn't it?

8 minutes ago, Orb said:

Which of these feels more like the essence of "You":

The sensation in the fingertips, the sensation in the whole body, the vibration of sound and light and sunshine? 

Or the thoughts that arise? 

Which one feels more "true", which one feels more fundamental?

I think I am body/mind separated from rest of the universe.I function best in that way.It's my choice with what I will be identified with.I don't see a point in identifying with all.I think it's easy way out.I think Awareness is brain process because when we sleep there is no Awareness of anything at all /in case we aren't dreaming.

12 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

But when you aren't enjoying them, you are suffering from them.  It's fine, but, when the suffering part happens you'll come back here with questions about why that is.  That's part of what brought you here, to this forum, in the first place, isn't it?

Yeah thoughts can be sometimes negative but that's are just thoughts you can just let em go.I can choose on what thoughts worldview philosophy I can hold onto.

3 minutes ago, Alexander said:

I think I am body/mind separated from rest of the universe.I function best in that way.It's my choice with what I will be identified with.I don't see a point in identifying with all.I think it's easy way out.I think Awareness is brain process because when we sleep there is no Awareness of anything at all /in case we aren't dreaming.

I didn't ask what you think. I asked about feeling, feeling-wise. 

Which one feels more like you, not what you think. 

The profile pic is very fitting for this situation, the armors gonna have to be put down 💙🙂

♾️

5 minutes ago, Orb said:

I didn't ask what you think. I asked about feeling, feeling-wise. 

Which one feels more like you, not what you think. 

The profile pic is very fitting for this situation, the armors gonna have to be put down 💙🙂

Yeah I can feel my inner feelings of the body, emotions and thinking and outer sensations like sight sounds smells etc.

1 minute ago, Alexander said:

Yeah I can feel my inner feelings of the body, emotions and thinking and outer sensations like sight sounds smells etc.

So with all of that delicious feeling, the warmth on the skin, the heart beating, the stillness within the vibration of the body in awareness. 

Imagine a thought comes up saying "I'm alexander". 

Which is your true nature? The Feeling described earlier, or the Alexander in the "I'm alexander" thought? 

It'd be pretty silly to actually believe you are inside that thought right?

♾️