It feels good to be conscious

Someone here

15 minutes ago, Someone here said:

You are your thoughts . You can't disidentify with thoughts. Because you are all of existence. And you should accept it all.

More deflection. 

Disidentification is disentangling from Thoughts. 

The non dual path is about letting go of thoughts and seeing what you are beyond thoughts, yet you tend to conceptualize a lot and get very in your head about all this. 

I think you have to see 100 percent that knowledge is useless on this path. I don't think this has been fully "seen" yet for you. 

Once this is seen, all the existential questions and theorizing are like a dog barking, meaningless. 

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

2 minutes ago, Orb said:

More deflection. 

Disidentification is disentangling from Thoughts. 

The non dual path is about letting go of thoughts and seeing what you are beyond thoughts, yet you tend to conceptualize a lot and get very in your head about all this. 

I think you have to see 100 percent that knowledge is useless on this path. I don't think this has been fully "seen" yet for you. 

Once this is seen, all the existential questions and theorizing are like a dog barking, meaningless. 

there is nothing wrong with whatever questions i have or whatever concept of enlightenment you have.. If you think what I'm saying is against whatever you think is true .. You don't get it yet. What I'm saying already includes what you think and transcends it.  You don't need to stop asking questions. People will keep asking questions.

But you can realize that the answers to your questions are the substance of your questions. 

11 minutes ago, Someone here said:

there is nothing wrong with whatever questions i have or whatever concept of enlightenment you have.. If you think what I'm saying is against whatever you think is true .. You don't get it yet. What I'm saying already includes what you think and transcends it.  You don't need to stop asking questions. People will keep asking questions.

But you can realize that the answers to your questions are the substance of your questions. 

I didn't say there's something wrong with it. 

I'm saying you will not get truth by conceptualizing. It's never gonna happen. 

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

What's the alternative? 

Meditation.

Edited by Orb

38 minutes ago, Someone here said:

The expression "thought activity ". Phil repeats this term more than Muslims repeat "Allahu Akbar ". 

Everything is fucking "thought activity " for Phil. 

Ok, good. "Thought activity" is a short way of pointing to that what you think isn't necessarily what's happening. 

If I imagine that elves are working really hard behind the computer screen, doing the heavy lifting to put the letters up on the screen where they are meant to go, is that actual or is that thought activity? Imagination is conscious joyous thought activity. Pretty much the entire point of this forum, website and all the videos is to  point out thought activity that creates discord. Feeling like everyone is making fun of me when I walk into a room, even if they ARE or aren't is thought activity. It's a really helpful shorthand phrase to use without going through the whole water in the desert, unicorns aren't actual, elves in the computer screen thing every single time. 

It's the activity of thought, it's not actually what's happening. 

Youtube Channel  

47 minutes ago, Devin said:

Mandy this remark is quite racist, reported. I understand you come from a culture where it's acceptable for men to be viewed as less than considerate, but please do not bring that lens of viewing things here.

I said nothing referring to his race, there is absolutely nothing wrong with noting differences in a culture, in fact it's a really important thing to understand to avoid acting on prejudice and racism. If someone is from the Bible Belt they have been raised in a vastly different culture than someone raised in NYC there is nothing racist about talking about and understanding cultural differences. I wouldn't even mention this if it wasn't a long standing pattern that I believe it helpful to discuss or look at. 

Youtube Channel  

2 minutes ago, Orb said:

Meditation.

Who told you I don't meditate?  What if I  actually better than you? 

2 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Ok, good. "Thought activity" is a short way of pointing to that what you think isn't necessarily what's happening. 

If I imagine that elves are working really hard behind the computer screen, doing the heavy lifting to put the letters up on the screen where they are meant to go, is that actual or is that thought activity? Imagination is conscious joyous thought activity. Pretty much the entire point of this forum, website and all the videos is to  point out thought activity that creates discord. Feeling like everyone is making fun of me when I walk into a room, even if they ARE or aren't is thought activity. It's a really helpful shorthand phrase to use without going through the whole water in the desert, unicorns aren't actual, elves in the computer screen thing every single time. 

It's the activity of thought, it's not actually what's happening. 

Great thanks.  Believe me I'm not here on this forum to throw a wrench in the "message". I understand what you say. So basically I can grasp this now.. or ican keep spinning the wheels of the mind until my mind collapses and then i will just grasp this.  So why not take the easy route and just grasp it right now? Right ? Because I'm not in full fight against thought activity. Without thougjt you couldn't use the gadget you are using now.

My goal is to understand all of reality in one shot.  Not the details ofcourse .... But the details and the you and the understanding will be all happening within the lense.

@Someone here also more specifically for your situation. I would suggest doing something like cardio or something tactile, maybe a yoga practice or something. 

Different people have different nature's. You seem to have a very intellectual leaning, physical yogic practices are much better for people with that kind of leaning.

Have you ever done a physical practice like hatha yoga? That might be life changing dude.

Just now, Someone here said:

Who told you I don't meditate?  What if I  actually better than you? 

This is not a contest, just seems like this conceptualizing would come to rest with more meditation. 

Maybe meditation first thing in the morning will be even more helpful combined with night time meditation. 

@Phil meditation is the greatest teacher 🙂

4 minutes ago, Mandy said:

I said nothing referring to his race, there is absolutely nothing wrong with noting differences in a culture, in fact it's a really important thing to understand to avoid acting on prejudice and racism. If someone is from the Bible Belt they have been raised in a vastly different culture than someone raised in NYC there is nothing racist about talking about and understanding cultural differences. I wouldn't even mention this if it wasn't a long standing pattern that I believe it helpful to discuss or look at. 

Yeah, sure, so saying to someone from China " i understand you come from a culture where it is acceptable to drive bad, but please do not bring that here" isn't racist.

Listen, I understand you come from a culture where it is acceptable to have double standards against others but please do not bring that lens of viewing things here.

please see the Forum Guidelines