7 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

@Orb Omg feel you buddy. The god damn never-ending race to enlightenment.

I heard about enlightenment years ago and ever since it's been a constant effort / trying to get enlightened lol

fucking suuuucckss

I'd kind of like to just let it go.

Maybe I'll write that on the dreamboard.

Yes it's so fucking annoying. It's supposed to be effortless and I can do it right now supposedly but it's clearly not the case. 

♾️

It's kind of silly how I've been told over and over again that enlightenment is not something a separate me achieves, it is not an experience in the future etc.

Yet here I am waiting for it to happen to me. 😂😂

Trying all sort of stupid shit to make it happen, trying to figure it out. Like literally days and weeks and months and years go by waiting for enlightenment and trying to figure it out and thinking about it over and over. For example I just had a walk and that's exactly what I did, think about enlightenment etc.

Feels kind of good to just be blatantly honest that I do in fact believe that enlightenment is some kind of an experience that happens or doesn't happen in the future.

And then everything would be alright, I'd feel good, I'd be free from addiction, I'd feel great, have a carreer, have great relationships etc.

😂😂😂

Why does it seem so silly suddenly

I've been waiting for things to finally go my way and the great change for better to come for SO LONG

AND IT STILL HASN'T COME.

Arguably things have just gotten worse. 😂😂

I'm fucked!

There must be an effortless way.

4 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Can enlightenment or liberation in actuality have any opposite or opposition? 

If whatever this suffering is would be liberation, liberation would mean nothing. Just another word to describe suffering.

So yeah, this suffering is the opposite to liberation.

Edited by Blessed2

There must be an effortless way.

1 minute ago, Orb said:

I don't know I'd have to see for myself. But because I'm not enlightened I wouldn't actually know.

Is the cat in the box dead or alive? How do you see for yourself? Is light wave, or particle? How can we know? 

Why do we sometimes have to put these cones on dogs and cats? 

giphy.gif

Youtube Channel  

1 minute ago, Mandy said:

Is the cat in the box dead or alive? How do you see for yourself? Is light wave, or particle? How can we know? 

Why do we sometimes have to put these cones on dogs and cats? 

giphy.gif

I see for myself by actually going through the process and realizing the Self. 

All this shit seems so far fetched and impossible. Never judging again? Never being afraid of other opinions? No longer believing in death? This shit sounds impossible like what the hell. 

They wear those cones so they don't bite themselves.

♾️

1 minute ago, Blessed2 said:

If whatever this suffering is would be liberation, liberation would mean nothing. Just another word to describe suffering.

So yeah, this suffering is the opposite to liberation.

Get if OFF, get it OFF, get it OFF! 

Once when I was a really little kid, I burrowed under my parent's comforter and it was great fun, and then I decided  I wanted to get out from under it, but I couldn't find my way out, and mom was vacuuming and couldn't hear me and I thought I was going to die. All suffering, when it crops up is just a variation of the same story including being in labor and giving birth. 

Youtube Channel  

I think the harsh truth is that this actually takes work, like years of meditation. And all these notions of realization being effortless are unrealistic. 

I just want to forget all the nondual stuff, I want to forget everything. I don't want to believe what anyone here says. 

Edited by Orb

♾️

3 minutes ago, Orb said:

I see for myself by actually going through the process and realizing the Self. 

All this shit seems so far fetched and impossible. Never judging again? Never being afraid of other opinions? No longer believing in death? This shit sounds impossible like what the hell. 

It is far fetched and impossible. 🙂 What's the problem with that? 

5 minutes ago, Orb said:

They wear those cones so they don't bite themselves.

It's usually after surgery or an injury because some animals lick wounds to the point that they cannot heal. They keep returning to it, they won't just leave it alone. So the inhibition, (the cone) assists in healing. 

Youtube Channel  

52 minutes ago, Orb said:

@Phil I tried to let it all go in meditation but there's music in my head or thoughts or whatever you wanna call it. My gut tells me to forget everything but there's a lot of music in thoughts and random stuff.

I can't let go completely, I've tried so many times! Yes I know trying is effort but not really because it's just a thought.

Right now, the thought about the separate self in a past can be ‘let go’ simply by noticing there is neither…and presence, or ‘the now’ is yet again revealed. Allow rejoicing in the present, as the present, to be felt fully. Revel in ‘it’. (That is not a world)🙂

Meditation ‘session’ wise… notice the conclusive nature of the thought ‘I can’t let go’. And let that thought about a separate self (which could or couldn’t let go)… go. 

Exactly. Trying to is not effort. It’s a thought narrative about a sep self efforting & trying. (Suffering) Effort isn’t actually happening. The slight discord is felt because there isn’t the sep self thought seems to imply there is. All is spontaneous, unspeakable magic. ‘Happening’ if you will, and not even. Relax, rejoice, feel the alignment. Feel free to actually enjoy the unfolding. Appreciate the wonder of it all! Have fun! Look forward to whatever! Allow some self-love, self-soothing, self-compassion! Be generous and excessive with that!

It will likely resonate as well to acknowledge the ever-present-guidance. There’s nothing that needs to be remembered or heard. The Truth is That Good. 

Also… trust in direct experience. Yes it’s a reference to the past - but so to speak, you have explored, taken trips, had insights, clarity about the true nature ‘behind it all’. Acknowledge doubt as an emotion, and how some thoughts feel - and TRUST in what ‘you yourself’ have verified in direct experience!

44 minutes ago, Orb said:

@Phil I work in my career and talk to people and get excited about my life and I forget about enlightenment. 

I obsess over enlightenment and get frustrated at how difficult it is to allow cessation. I'll have meaningless insights that don't do anything except sound nice and that's it. 

This is my birthright, I am the source I am infinite love, so why the hell can't cessation just happen now? 

I deserve peace and liberation, I'm worthy of it. I am the source I am Love. 

I deserve it! 

Why does this feel like trying to win the lottery when we should all be winning right now?

Cessation is of the activity of thinking. Like the example with writing two activities down… thinking… and that other thingy that you actually want to do. 

Acknowledge frustration as an emotion, revealing it’s how the thought feels, and look at the next emotion. Relief is felt just in looking at it. Dots connect readily and effortlessly. Look at the next two emotions. Just for the relief (alignment) of it.

‘I obsess over enlightenment’ is a thought, same as ‘I get frustrated is a thought’. There is not the sep self either of these thoughts imply. Acknowledging the emotions is withdrawing attention (awareness) from the activity of thinking - and bringing it back to feeling; awareness aware of… awareness.

Enlightenment is not the birthright of a separate self that was never born. 

Yes, of course you are infinite love - but that isn’t known. There is no separate self which knows this. No ‘knower’. Knower and known are thoughts. 

Cessation isn’t something that happens, nor is thought as in thunk or thinkable or conceivable, nor conceptual, understandable, imaginable or imagined, or created etc, etc, etc. These are all thoughts. 

The thought ‘why can’t this happen now’ implies time, via not now. It also implies awareness and this other thing, a now. 

Peace, love & liberation are indicative of you. Believing these will come in a future, or a you will somehow reach a proper deservitude or something and get to them is the whole obtaining / achieving narrative of a sep self. Acknowledge it as misinformation and more so, feel the relief of the acknowledgement and clarity. 

Remain as awareness, present, open & aware (of thoughts, emotions, sensation). Non-aversion. More & more it’s noticed this is always the case, and thoughts are like clouds. 

deserve it’ 

Nonduality; not two. 

♥️

Also… so to speak… you can totally relax and let everything go. Notice ‘you do it’ every night and fall asleep. Employ that reference. Just fall alseep right now. Not literally of course, but that notion, carried out, kind of playing it out or pretending, is relaxing the body, sinking into the gravity, etc.