How to create an online business

Hello all. I’m committed to starting a business. Lately, I’ve been researching marketing, logistics, and everything related to my field of mastery, which I’ve called “self-help”, used as an umbrella term for self-actualization, including spirituality, nutrition, and psychedelics.

I wonder if the admin has some advice on this, and whether you guys could share tips and resources.

Edited by MetaSage

Some great books on business (with a focus toward financial freedom) are

Millionaire Fastlane by MJ Demarco

Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki

Also, a potentially helpful perspective is that online business is simply a medium (online vs offline distinction) that businesses can partake in, which usually allows for more automated processes and scalability (among other things). It seems it still generally follows the principles (and difficulty / success rate) of businesses, like there having to be a real need or want for your product/service. There is a ton to this domain, so these are just some off the top introductory thoughts, to add to this discussion, and is by no means comprehensive.

Edited by AlphaAbundance

• Dan Pena
    • the best coach in this field
    • has the savest method to become rich fast - no common "get rich quick scheme"
    • created billions of dollars in wealth if you count the success of his mentees
    • created on his own half a billion of net worth, before he started coaching
    • a 40% success probability, which is much in this field
    • it is based on borrowing money
      • currently, the interest rate is on its lowest point ever in history
        • however, it probably will explode in the next years, so would not borrow too much money
    • his seminars costs between 20k and 30k USD
      • you live in a castle for 7 days
      • only 30 people are taken
    • this year it is probably his last seminar
    • you can download his book for free and watch videos, interviews etc.
  • The Four Hour Work Week
    • a classic, which contains all the information you need for an internet business
    • still applies, however you have to do your own research

Should be enough and you can find the rest on the internet. And don't waste too much time on the technical stuff. Create prototypes at the beginning, if it works you can extend.

I would recommend starting with freelancing, because it is easier most of the time and you get a glimpse how it is to have an own business.

Edited by BlendingInfinite

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

3 hours ago, fopylo said:

@Phil Why do you say this?

So to speak, to ‘get of your head’, or, the vantage point of one thought at a time, and the duality therein… and instead to get the thoughts onto the board, in front of you, so the vantage point is seeing more and more of what you are wanting to create. Seeing a much bigger, very inspiring since it’s what you want, picture or vantage. Also, the writing of what is wanted onto the board is already the creating of it. This then changes the position, as one can google and or ask more specific questions to fill in the blanks or gaps as to going about it. In truth there isn’t per se a you and a board, it is quite literally, effortlessly, filling itself in… creator-creating-creation. 

@fopylo

Well of course ultimately there is no difference. To ‘see’ the experiential difference, write all that comes to mind that you want, on the board. 

What’s on the board coagulates if you will. An example might be someone who doesn’t yet know what they would like to do for a living, career wise, or perhaps what company to create…  or has a solid idea, does know, but is looking for the details to fill in. After writing whatever comes to mind, there is more and more on the board… and an ‘ah ha’ occurs, such that the career, company, etc, is readily seen. 

Getting back to that there is ultimately no difference, the ‘ah ha’ would be that you’re literally creating. Vibrationally being ‘it’. 

19 minutes ago, Phil said:

After writing whatever comes to mind, there is more and more on the board… and an ‘ah ha’ occurs, such that the career, company, etc, is readily seen. 

@Phil Ok but a career or company are a big decision to make, and it is kind of a risk taking. Let's say I write stuff on the board that I want, go pursue it, but then later change my mind, I'm kinda fucked.

21 minutes ago, Phil said:

Getting back to that there is ultimately no difference, the ‘ah ha’ would be that you’re literally creating. Vibrationally being ‘it’.

So the dreamboard just helps me to see it clearly because it's on paper (or whatever) and helps me keep track of it and remember what I've written before so I don't forget and it might inspire me again

Just now, fopylo said:

@Phil Ok but a career or company are a big decision to make, and it is kind of a risk taking. Let's say I write stuff on the board that I want, go pursue it, but then later change my mind, I'm kinda fucked.

'How you hold it to be' comes to mind. In a way, don't you find what you think about but haven't yet experienced... is sometimes thought of as a big deal... but then once the actuality, as opposed to the thought about, is experienced... it doesn't seem like that big of a deal? In hindsight, it was thought to be a big deal. In foresight, it can then be seen something is being thought to be a big deal, now. 

As Esther Hicks says, "It's as easy to create a castle as it is a button". 

Likewise, if you create a business, and then later change your mind... the 'changing of your mind' would be to what you realize you want more. So you wouldn't be screwed... you would be doing what you want to do, even more. 

Just now, fopylo said:

So the dreamboard just helps me to see it clearly because it's on paper (or whatever) and helps me keep track of it and remember what I've written before so I don't forget and it might inspire me again

Similarly, the thought about it isn't quite the experience of it. See how the experience of it is. Then you'll know, as in direct experience, vs thoughts about, or believing or not anything I say. 🙂

If you're willing to learn a little bit about web dev and set up a daily practice of coding yourself, you might benefit from Brad Traversy's Udemy courses like the one below.  Most people don't want to learn to code themselves, but for those that do, you might benefit from this course and his other more beginner courses.  This is a pretty advanced course, but what I'm trying to show here is it is possible to do your own web development and code your own e-commerce site if that's something you're willing to take on.  I love coding, I do it a little bit every day.  

https://www.udemy.com/course/mern-ecommerce/
https://www.udemy.com/user/brad-traversy/

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

If you're willing to learn a little bit about web dev and set up a daily practice of coding yourself, you might benefit from Brad Traversy's Udemy courses like the one below.  Most people don't want to learn to code themselves, but for those that do, you might benefit from this course and his other more beginner courses.  This is a pretty advanced course, but what I'm trying to show here is it is possible to do your own web development and code your own e-commerce site if that's something you're willing to take on.  I love coding, I do it a little bit every day.  

https://www.udemy.com/course/mern-ecommerce/

That’s interesting but for this website I’m going to be using a theme template. Otherwise it would take me a year or more to set it all up.

As a pre-teen, I remember teaching myself to code. I even built a tech website with a friend from scratch using HTML and CSS. Very basic and really fun and enjoyable.

Thanks.

For any online business you need tons of marketing and networking. 

So start with connecting with people 

You can promote your business on social media 

I would have to admit that it's a tough thing. Lot of hard work for a newbie. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

Literally just pick 1 thing and go all in for like 3-5 years, he's controversial, but I think Andrew Tate's hustler university is the best place to start. 

There's literally a million things to choose from these days- eCom, Publishing, Freelance, Crypto etc etc 

Pick 1 you like, set an income goal, learn everything you can and grind everyday

57 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Literally just pick 1 thing and go all in for like 3-5 years

I can only underline that. In the beginning, I always changed the approach because situations looked dicey. But then I always got through in the end anyway. Because I couldn't finish anything, I had no successes. Now things are unfolding, as I stick to two approaches at the same time.

It is better if you create couple of hundreds of business plan and execute the top 3 simulatenously. Then see what works best and focus on that.

However, the most unrisky and effective method is to buy a business using bank loans.

Edited by BlendingInfinite

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right