Taking golden teacher mushrooms

If you just eat them unprepared, they might cause more stomach problems like pain, nausea etc.

I used to either grind them and mix with lemon juice, or grind and mix with boiling water. If you do it with lemon, let them soak in the juice for some time.

First time? How much are you planning to take?

There must be an effortless way.

I usually just chew em down. Then keep some fresh lemon to kill the taste if its too much. Just chew them properly and don't swallow them whole. You can also google how to make tea, never done it but i know people who loves that to avoid any stomach upset. I usually don't get that though

You can just eat them but the difference is the flesh is mildly toxic and as mentioned will likely cause some nausea as it’s digested. 

The last thing you want when experiencing a mind expanding substance is nausea influencing the experience. 

There’s also the body load factor. Eating & digesting the flesh is like being on a rollercoaster as it’s slowly climbing up. 

With just drinking the extracted active ingredient, there isn’t the dramatic ‘body load build up’ experience. 

It’s more like it just sneaks in the back door unnoticed. 

You can simmer the cut up pieces for 15 minutes which extracts the active ingredient. 

Then use two tablespoons to basically smush the active ingredient out of the ‘flesh’. 

Set & setting, be most respectful & responsible. 

Do dose research. Start small. 

This dosage calculator & its descriptions are pretty spot on. 

https://www.shroomery.org/6257/Magic-Mushroom-Dosage-Calculator

@Rose make a tea! It's much smoother, and I've never had any stomach ache or nausea. If you wanna know how to prepare the tea I can share my method. It totally works and it's simple.

If it's ur first time 0.5-1.5 grams should be a good dose to dip your toes into it, but ofc do ur own research.

Edited by Orb

♾️

19 minutes ago, Rose said:

I don’t have a coffee grinder though, can I do it in a blender?

If it's dry enough, you can do it with your hands and/or a knife etc.

19 minutes ago, Rose said:

Planning to take 1.5 mg

Assuming you mean 1.5 grams, I'd suggest to take a bit less.

To be cautious, I'd first take 0.5 grams. Just so see how it settles. Then I'd wait two weeks (or more) and then go for 1g. And again see how it settles. Then (after two weeks or so) I'd go for 1,5g. And then 2g etc.

Just my suggestion: be cautious. Slow and steady. No rush. Be sure to share / express whatever comes up.

Oh, and do not take more during the trip even if you start feeling cocky. Take only one dose per trip and stay with it.

There must be an effortless way.

@Rose pretty much similar to what Phil suggested. 

i cut them into pieces with a knife, then boil water at the highest temperature, then throw the mushrooms in the super hot boiling water, the moment you put them in the water lower the heat to the lowest possible setting and put a cover/top on the pot. Let it simmer for 15 minutes. 

Then I use my pour over coffee filter to filter out the tea from the shroom pieces, boom. 

♾️

@Rose also dosage wise: 

0.5-1 gram is a warm glowy  light experience.

2 grams is usually the traditional psychedelic experience. (All the typical psychedelic effects show up at this dosage)

3 grams is the traditional psychedelic experience but much stronger. 

4 grams and up is like entering an alien dimension. 

I would NOT recommend doing anything more than 1.5 grams on your first time though. And if you wanna do 2 grams definitely consider getting a trip sitter just in case. 

Edited by Orb

♾️

I've always enjoyed with Honey or Cacao chocolate that I would either I grind up and mix in, or drizzle and chew well 🙂 Another good method is to soak in lemon juice then add hot tea (tulsi, lemon, ginger has been my favorite with mushrooms) and steep for 10 - 15 minutes then strain, if desired.

If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

13 hours ago, Rose said:

@Phil so cutting them up with knife into small pieces is ok? And then mash it after it steamed? Do I drink the mashed part too or just get the tea water?

Mash it into the tea water. Like ringing out a towel basically. To get all of the active ingredient out of the mushrooms and into the tea. 

🙏🏻 

Just felt like adding this video, it's a really fun simulation of what tripping is like. The visuals are fairly accurate but keep in mind that every trip is different. 

I once took 4.5 grams of shrooms and didn't get many of the insane "wavy" visuals yet the experience was reeeaaally strong, like bowing down and praying to God kinda strong. 

But then I took 2g of the same batch of shrooms and got the wavy colorful visuals but the overall experience was less intense.

Edited by Orb

♾️

Hi all! Reporting on my experience today.

I took 1.4 grams, it took about 30-40 mins to kick in. I started loosing hope that something will happen. I had a migraine when I drank the tea, and I could still feel it 30 mins in, I thought maybe I shouldn't have done it with a migraine. I felt a little bit wobbly though. I decided to take a bath, and that's when I felt things started changing a bit more. Mostly that my body felt more relaxed, the migraine dissapeared. I had a moment where I started laughing like Ursula.. don't know what that was about.... where did that evil laugh come from...

I remember when I smoked really strong weed I had lots of insights. This was different today. Mostly a relaxing experience. 

Question though - why do I need to wait a week to try it again? Is it because it looses it's potency if done more frequently? I am on vacation next week and I am going away to Caribbean, I thought maybe I could bring some with me as I really like how it relaxed me and helped with the migraine. 

Edited by Rose

Also, thank you again guys for all your suggestions. One thing I am taking out of this today is that it is not as scary as I thought. I've been thinking about doing this for a long time, but always too scared. 

Even though I didn't have the crazy insights, I am glad I stepped over the fear barrier. 

@Rose the tolerance for mushrooms is developed very fast after taking them. So it takes about 2 weeks for the tolerance to go down all the way, It may not be exactly 14 days but somewhere around that number. 

When you made the tea, did you let the water come to a boil, then put the shrooms in the water and then lower the heat to lowest possible setting and wait for 15 mins? 

Just making sure bc the first time I made shroom tea, I didn't put the heat all the way down (kept it at number 2) and the tea came out weak. I assumed the shrooms must've been old and lost their potency. 

The next time I made the tea I corrected the technique and had a powerful trip, and this was the next day after my first time trying the tea method. 

♾️

@Orb I’ve let the water boil then added the mushroom chunks, then put the temperature down to the minimum, closed the pot, and let it simmer for 15-20 mins. 

I’ve also added lemon to it afterwards, I wonder if lemon made it a bit weaker, I know vitamin C does not go well with some medicine making it weaker.