What do you Think about Guns?

@Phil trying to create peace only perpetuates war. 

But if shit goes down I'm not going down without a fight!

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

Just now, Phil said:

@Orb

That you & @Mandy have never seen The Matrix is the real crime here. 

I have seen the matrix. 

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

@Phil 😧

25 minutes ago, Mandy said:

America is a long way from taking guns for personal protection away if ever, in fact if you want to do anything to regulate guns at all you shouldn't even speak of such a thing politically, but we can do A LOT to regulate them in the meantime.

In South America you are not allowed guns for protection, i think. Its only in the US. When i was living in Colombia they hated if i said America and only ment the US.

10 minutes ago, Orb said:

Again, it's just nice to have IF shit goes down one day.

Yep lets all have increasingly more destructive nukes. Just in case. 
And a bigger gun than our neighbour, also just in case. Its amazing to use ressources on that, and we feel a lot more safe that way. 

Just now, WhiteOwl said:

Yep lets all have increasingly more destructive nukes. Just in case. 
And a bigger gun than our neighbour, also just in case. Its amazing to use ressources on that, and we feel a lot more safe that way. 

But that's not what I was talking about. I'm talking about having a pistol or a semi automatic rifle. I'm not asking for a laser gun, although that'd be awesome.

3 minutes ago, Orb said:

But that's not what I was talking about. I'm talking about having a pistol or a semi automatic rifle. I'm not asking for a laser gun, although that'd be awesome.

But what if the people you are talking about has lazer guns? Your pistol or rifle will be useless. Just going to let your family down?

Edited by WhiteOwl

2 minutes ago, WhiteOwl said:

But what if the people you are talking about has lazer guns? Your pistol or rifle will be useless. Just going to let your family down?

Of course. 

That's like a guy owning a musket in 2023 😄

Edited by Orb

Just now, Phil said:

Man makes drone satellites, high powered scopes, gun barrels & boundaries in an attempt to see loa. 

Because thought defines perception & feeling. 

Huh? 

I think its just a good tool to have on you. Doesn't mean you'll ever have to use it.

@Phil I will 🙂

@Phil ah I think I see what you're saying. Are you sating that people who buy weapons and enforce borders attract them?

27 minutes ago, Orb said:

@Phil ah I think I see what you're saying. Are you sating that people who buy weapons and enforce borders attract them?

That’s the orientation, but more so no, not quite. The proper, as in most accurate word which can be uttered…  for believing there are people, weapons and borders, is insanity. The segway to insanity is the belief in states (see definition of insanity). The bitter sweetness of insanity’s last breath is insecurity & fear didn’t exist, and were guidance to security & love all along. The deeper bitter sweetness is one could’ve simply focused on wanted. 

1 minute ago, Phil said:

That’s the orientation, but more so no, not quite. The proper, as in most accurate word which can be uttered…  for believing there are people, weapons and borders, is insanity. The segway to insanity is the belief in states. The bitter sweetness of insanity’s last breath is insecurity & fear didn’t exist, and were guidance to security & love all along.

I'm just saying, I want to own a firearm, I don't see anything wrong with living a peaceful life and just having a firearm on me as a tool to be used if ever need be. I may never use it for self defense but it's nice just to have something. 

31 minutes ago, Orb said:

I'm just saying, I want to own a firearm, I don't see anything wrong with living a peaceful life and just having a firearm on me as a tool to be used if ever need be. I may never use it for self defense but it's nice just to have something. 

No one is saying there’s anything wrong. 

To ‘meet you were you’re at’, which is the same as saying, ‘to venture into the belief in states and therein insanity’…

For every  SINGLE  occurrence in which a gun was purchased & used (with the intention of home defense) in The United States:

(Notice the very term exemplifies insanity & deception as it expresses Unity (one) while claiming there are States (two).

There were 4 unintentional shootings.

There were 7 criminal assaults or homicides.

There were 11 attempted or completed suicides. 

This means, statistically speaking, the odds of you (or someone using your gun) unintentionally shooting somebody are times higher than the gun being used to defend your home legally.

The odds of of your gun being the reason you go to jail are times higher than the odds of the gun being used to defend your home legally. 

The odds of your gun being used for suicide are 11 times higher than the odds of your gun being used to defend your home legally. 

(Now we zoom back out from insanity by noticing of course odds & evens are duality, or, the activity of thought, beliefs, like the belief insecurity & fear are things.) 

Again, statistically speaking, the ‘right’ reason to purchase a gun is for someone to accidently be shot, killed, or for suicide. 

And this is insanity. The insanity of there being ‘right & wrong’, or, states. 

Why does someone shoot up a school?

Being born into insanity. 

Who’s blamed?

The “shooter”. 

@Phil yea but I dont want to shoot anyone or hurt anybody.

28 minutes ago, Orb said:

You also don’t want your family being brutally shot down while peacefully watching a concert, by someone who was bullied most of his life and resents the whole world. 

I prefer a world with neither, not both.