Right now I’m in a kind of dumping everything after playing the whole Masculine vs./and Feminine game to a paradoxical kind of fullness and emptiness.  Freedom and liberation emerged for me recently where I realize everything is fine without ideas.   My last video captured that insight.  It’s very seductive to hunker down and worthwhile but I go through phases between playing out certain ideas to burning it all down.  It’s like jumping in and out of a series of rabbit holes like a kid trying every candy bar in the candy section of a store — and then getting sick of candy altogether and wanting nothing to do with it for a while.  It’s hard for me to  stick to one narrative for too long like Leo Gura does where he’s building an unchanging theory of truth with one right answer that never changes.  To me that’s an incredible error because now he has to defend that.  That’s the opposite of freedom.  That’s enslaving yourself to a narrative.  Freedom is about crumpling those somewhat useful narratives up and doing a wood-burning ritual of that shit too.   You might take a piece of paper and write “Truth” on it and throw it in the fire.  I got this wood-burning ritual idea from Zzenn Loren, some of you might know who he is from YouTube.  He had some influences on me early on in my path.  Do the same with the word “Enlightenment”, write that on a piece of paper and drop that one into the fire.  Ditto for “Awake”.  And so on.  It has to be done as a kind of memorable ceremony.  It’s profound.  I did this camping in fire pit back in like 2017.  What it does is create a space for liberation or freedom to even have the oxygen to emerge!  Liberation and freedom can be scary and subtly resisted.  You could even burn the word “Liberation” too.  We get too hung up on creating an ideology around Liberation — but that’s not really Liberation.  It’s sneaky.  Something I got from Emerald Wilkins and  framed it my way is there’s a paradox between picking up words and ideas and putting them down.  That takes some development to do skillfully.  I hope posting my video doesn’t offend anyone but this was the video where I explored this.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

49 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Right now I’m in a kind of dumping everything after playing the whole Masculine vs./and Feminine game to a paradoxical kind of fullness and emptiness.  Freedom and liberation emerged for me recently where I realize everything is fine without ideas.   My last video captured that insight.  It’s very seductive to hunker down and worthwhile but I go through phases between playing out certain ideas to burning it all down.  It’s like jumping in and out of a series of rabbit holes like a kid trying every candy bar in the candy section of a store — and then getting sick of candy altogether and wanting nothing to do with it for a while.  It’s hard for me to  stick to one narrative for too long like Leo Gura does where he’s building an unchanging theory of truth with one right answer that never changes.  To me that’s an incredible error because now he has to defend that.  That’s the opposite of freedom.  That’s enslaving yourself to a narrative.  Freedom is about crumpling those somewhat useful narratives up and doing a wood-burning ritual of that shit too.   You might take a piece of paper and write “Truth” on it and throw it in the fire.  I got this wood-burning ritual idea from Zzenn Loren, some of you might know who he is from YouTube.  He had some influences on me early on in my path.  Do the same with the word “Enlightenment”, write that on a piece of paper and drop that one into the fire.  Ditto for “Awake”.  And so on.  It has to be done as a kind of memorable ceremony.  It’s profound.  I did this camping in fire pit back in like 2017.  What it does is create a space for liberation or freedom to even have the oxygen to emerge!  Liberation and freedom can be scary and subtly resisted.  You could even burn the word “Liberation” too.  We get too hung up on creating an ideology around Liberation — but that’s not really Liberation.  It’s sneaky.  Something I got from Emerald Wilkins and  framed it my way is there’s a paradox between picking up words and ideas and putting them down.  That takes some development to do skillfully.  I hope posting my video doesn’t offend anyone but this was the video where I explored this.

Hey I hope you won't take this the wrong way but I think it would be easier to catch what you're saying if you used paragraphs a bit more clearly! You often write quite long texts so it's a bit hard to read if there is no clear paragraphs. I usually do it like this:

By adding one (and sometimes even two) empty lines after each paragraph. It makes it easier for the reader and myself to really make the communication more clear. There's a sort of a mindfulness-aspect to it too. Rhythm.

But it's just a suggestion, we are all unique in our reading and writing style. 🙂

There must be an effortless way.

Cessation can come (in part) by realizing that being doesn't need meaning to be.  This is a big one on the path.  A lot of people assume that everything in being needs to be filtered through meaning.  They're always looking for things to make sense, for the why.  Everything has meaning.  Well, you can turn that off too.  People vary in their ability to turn meaning off. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor