Time to take a break from actualized.

spiritual dreams

I've been on the actualized forum for a while now but I really need to take a break from it. Enough has been said about Leo's behaviour so I won't go into it. But suffice to say, its toxic af. Its a real shame because many of Leo's teachings have been incredibly useful to me but its becoming more detrimental.

The forum is getting more toxic, with a lot of manosphere type posts. I need a break...

Anyways, Hi everyone!

download.jpg

Welcome to the forum! I too was on actualized.org for like 2-3 years. I was mindlessly defensive of him and believed a lot of the stuff he said. All it took was watching frank yang video response to Leo and my mind was cracked open. Thank god.

♾️

46 minutes ago, spiritual dreams said:

many of Leo's teachings have been incredibly useful to me but its becoming more detrimental

What teachings were those? His earlier material was all taken from the books he read. It was basically a book summary with some of his own comments.

Also, are those teachings really worth it if with  every “kernel of truth” he is also planting 3 destructive ideas in your head while also hooking you to believe he is the only person who has the answers?

For example, he introduces you to enlightenment, but then also tells you how lazy you are, how the only way to reach his level of enlightenment is to do 18274824 trips, and how you will never get there anyways - and how only he was able to get there. 

Or, he introduces you to life purpose, but then claims your university degree is useless and your office job sucks, you will never have a great meaningful life without a life purpose and never be truly happy, you’re just a waste of space without a life purpose, and the best way to discover your life purpose and thus have a meaningful life is through his life purpose course. 

My biggest revelation last year was that the purpose of life is not to discover a life purpose, but to fall in love with your life so much, so that you can fill it with many purposes. 

I mean if you run a cost-benefit analysis on the stuff he teaches, it’s not worth it at all. I’ve learned way more from reading original books, minus the abuse.

Edited by Rose

10 minutes ago, Rose said:

What teachings were those? His earlier material was all taken from the books he read. It was basically a book summary with some of his own comments.

spiral dynamics, self deception (ironic), ego development, strange loops, survival, morality, Ego backlash, blueberry smoothie.

Tbh most of the stuff he made before his 30 day 5-meo is pretty decent.

6 minutes ago, spiritual dreams said:

spiral dynamics, self deception (ironic), ego development, strange loops, survival, morality, Ego backlash, blueberry smoothie.

Tbh most of the stuff he made before his 30 day 5-meo is pretty decent.

None of the stuff you mentioned was his original discovery though and his original work. He took the work of someone else, and the charismatic narcissistic showman he is, who has a degree in marketing btw, managed to summarize it and shorten it in an easy to watch entertaining video, filmed on an expensive camera with sleek black background, and excellent sound quality, that you can listen to while washing the dishes. 

It was decent because none of it was his ideas or revelations.

Edited by Rose

11 minutes ago, Rose said:

None of the stuff you mentioned was his original discovery though and his original work. He took the work of someone else, and the charismatic narcissistic showman he is, who has a degree in marketing btw, managed to summarize it and shorten it in an easy to watch entertaining video, filmed on an expensive camera with sleek black background, and excellent sound quality, that you can listen to while washing the dishes. 

It was decent because none of it was his ideas or revelations.

I think the self deception and morality stuff is pretty original and there are a lot of new ideas in the spiral dynamics videos. And to take things even further, no ideas are original. Its just that no one was listening the first time.

I'm not sure what you're trying to convince me of. I'm aware that he's toxic which is why I'm taking a break from the forum. But if all you have to say is negative then maybe that's your ego bias. Maybe you're letting Leo live rent free in your head.

9 hours ago, spiritual dreams said:

I think the self deception and morality stuff is pretty original and there are a lot of new ideas in the spiral dynamics videos. And to take things even further, no ideas are original. Its just that no one was listening the first time.

I'm not sure what you're trying to convince me of. I'm aware that he's toxic which is why I'm taking a break from the forum. But if all you have to say is negative then maybe that's your ego bias. Maybe you're letting Leo live rent free in your head.

For spiral dynamics he said he took a “40-FUCKING HOURS” seminar on it (or whatever the actual hours he said it was), so the stuff that’s not from the original book is most likely from the seminar.

Yes, he is, I feel like I just escaped a dangerous cult with a crazy advanced narcissist 2.0 running the show. 

Edited by Rose

1 hour ago, spiritual dreams said:

I've been on the actualized forum for a while now but I really need to take a break from it. Enough has been said about Leo's behaviour so I won't go into it. But suffice to say, its toxic af. Its a real shame because many of Leo's teachings have been incredibly useful to me but its becoming more detrimental.

"Leo's teachings" 😴 

He is a guy who made a youtube channel sharing the best tips for mastering your life, WHICH HE READ AND COLLECTED THROUGH BOOKS (sorry for the caps) and maybe some seminars - which is a great fucking idea. Also he was kind of early on doing it and had good energy in his videos, which is why he became popular. It also sprouted thousands of more people doing channels like his afterwards. Check how many are doing the same now, it's crazy. Not many who started before him though.

That doesn't make it "his" teachings though, anymore than someone reporting movies on youtube can talk as the director of all the movies. He somehow on the way started to believe that he was the living embodiment of everything he has read in like what.. 10 years?.. cmon man. 

I read some of the same books that he has read by Peter Ralston, who is over 70 years old and has been studying and teaching about consciousness way before Leo was ever born. Seems to me that he got like 50% of his material by him alone, and to think that he is embodying it so quickly is completely nuts. Anyone not delusional can see that when looking at how Leo behaves and acts.

The Peter ralston guy has done many incredible things throughout his life. he won the world championship in MMA, has written many incredible difficult books in precise language, been teaching people IN PERSON in both body and awareness and still does. He has met with a lot of other known "enlightened" people throughout his life. 

What has Leo done besides making videos on youtube? Good videos sure, but thats not the point. He is running around trying to get laid in Vegas. Plugging 5Meo to absurd degrees in his bathtub, alone.. To the point of believing that he can morph on camera and that he will show everyone. Lets leave it at that.

Anyone drawn to that is not actually looking at what is going on, but is just believing whatever he is saying.

Edited by WhiteOwl

If there is something I've learned from the Actualized.org experience this would be it:

Do not let ANYONE talk to you like Leo addresses his forum members.

If you do not walk away, and stay in this type of dynamic, it probably means you've got a history of being abused by someone and believing this is ok.

This guy is at the end of the day just some random dude on the internet, do not let him think otherwise. He's not the spiritual virtuoso or genius he pretends to be. Let alone the most awake person on the planet. This claim has to be taken about as seriously as someone sending you a Nigerian prince e-mail straight out of internet café full of scammers. It should go to the bin, without a second thought.

Leo is feeding off people believing in his delusion of grandeur and/or arguing against it like his opinion matters. His opinion, and his approval of your analysis or assessment of the situation doesn't matter. Truth doesn't need Leo Gura's agreement, nor the one of his followers to be correct.

That's how it's supposed to go: 

Leo: I am the most conscious being on the planet, the Buddha, Jesus and all the spiritual teachers you like are beneath me.

You: 

giphy.gif

Edited by Serenity

“Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything.” - Rupert Spira

4 minutes ago, Serenity said:

This claim has to be taken about as seriously as someone sending you a Nigerian prince e-mail straight out of internet café full of scammers. It should go to the bin, without a second thought.

Lol, I feel horrible right now, but this just made me laugh so hard 😂😂😂

I am sorry for the rant, but I had a look at what's been up on the forum tonight and couldn't believe what I would read there. I feel really sorry for whoever still hangs around this "guru". 

1 minute ago, Rose said:

Lol, I feel horrible right now, but this just made me laugh so hard 😂😂😂

Yeah, feeling horrible is how I feel after peeking there. It was worse when I would still care to post. Should tell you everything you need about how worthy it is to pay attention to that space on the internet.

3 weeks ago, after I went through an Ayahuasca ceremony in a space filled with compassion, I peeked at the forum and it felt so off and abusive I couldn't get how people could hang there at all. It looked so wrong it was sad. But there was something almost comical and ironic that anyone would hand there and take this place as serious and spiritual. It looked like a place full of creatures fighting each other desperately for illusory breadcrumbs or something. 😳

49 minutes ago, Serenity said:

Yeah, feeling horrible is how I feel after peeking there. It was worse when I would still care to post. Should tell you everything you need about how worthy it is to pay attention to that space on the internet.

3 weeks ago, after I went through an Ayahuasca ceremony in a space filled with compassion, I peeked at the forum and it felt so off and abusive I couldn't get how people could hang there at all. It looked so wrong it was sad. But there was something almost comical and ironic that anyone would hand there and take this place as serious and spiritual. It looked like a place full of creatures fighting each other desperately for illusory breadcrumbs or something. 😳

I know what you mean, it does feel horrible to be there, I would compare it to how you feel when you eat a whole pizza at once times a 1000. It just does not make you feel good.

I know, there is no compassion there. It’s crazy to think that that’s what the people of the actualized cult will now associate spirituality with - ego, narcissism, dominance, arrogance, bullying, verbal abuse, name calling, distortion, lying, twisting facts - to name a few. I haven’t felt love or compassion there once… Maybe when some good members were still there.. there used to be some great women there too.. but even their compassion felt out of place there, it was difficult to take it in. 

And, 🥰😊

Edited by Rose

4 minutes ago, Rose said:

I know what you mean, it does feel horrible to be there, I would compare it to how you feel when you eat a whole pizza at once times a 1000. It just does not make you feel good.

I know, there is no compassion there. It’s crazy to think that that’s what the people of the actualized cult will now associate spirituality with - ego, narcissism, dominance, arrogance, bullying, verbal abuse, name calling, distortion, lying, twisting facts - to name a few. I haven’t felt love or compassion there once… Maybe when some good members were still there.. there used to be some great women there too.. but even their compassion felt out of place there, it was difficult to take it in. 

And, 🥰😊

People showing love and emotional intelligence there were mobbed by the army of love-starved egos believing it needs to be earned.

iTs All sUrVivAL

4 minutes ago, Orb said:

@Serenity what you said about the illusory breadcrumbs is spot on. It reminds me of the three witches with no eyes fighting for one eyeball and constantly stealing it from each other. It may be Greek mythology idk

And Leo being like- I got the third eye! I got the third eye! My third eye is the best. It's far superior!

😁

Edited by Serenity

12 minutes ago, Serenity said:

And Leo being like- I got the third eye! I got the third eye! My third eye is the best. It's far superior!

😁

😂

You can’t even begin to fathom how great my third eye is. You will need decades, 20, 30, 40 years of full time work to just START grasping what I am saying here.. and most of you will never understand.. That’s just the reality..