How much money is enough?

I would love to have a total net worth of 20 million. As I have seen various teachers such as Esther Hicks and Bob Proctor who all teach about law of attraction. Whos main principles are getting what you give and giving your best, both have a net worth of around 20 million. 

Is this too greedy or do we all just share the same infinite source and anyone who wants the amount of money they want can have it?

@Iesu Anyone can have it but not everyone will have it. What is greedy exists only in your mind. Being a billionaire is probably too greedy but they exist. You can make exactly the amount you believe is possible. For me enough money would be the amount that allows me to never have to work again for someone else if i don't really want to and enough to give me the freedom to live the way i want, wherever i want doing the things i love doing. 

You could crave a private jet as an example. It will be yours if you are aligned i guess. A way to get one will be found. The desire is not evil. Sometimes desires have more layers though. Maybe you want the jet to feel superior to others. Maybe you want to be respected and maybe you were abused as a child and that formed the need of a private jet. Maybe what you really want is good and loving relationships with others. A long stretch but you get the point.

Why do you want 20 million? What do you really want?

You already are enough. Out of knowing that, feeling it, being it "enough" comes to you. Why demand how or in what form? You can enjoy the idea of whatever you want. Write a check to yourself like Jim Carrey, write it on your dreamboard or in a journal, but then maybe what you are also wanting is the beauty of nature and a wealth of amazing people who love you. And maybe that's not something you can really posess. Money somehow both pales in comparison but is no less f-ing awesome. I wouldn’t settle for any less than a life that feels, a NOW that feels... enough. 

Youtube Channel  

An amount of money can be too greedy to one while not nearly enough to another. That factor, how you think of money and feeling the discord & alignment of thoughts therein, is the key. Even for the same one, at 20 an amount can be greedy, and at 40 that same amount can be not nearly enough. But that which the discord & alignment is felt ‘with’, is none other than what is being called money, greed, and not nearly enough. 

Thought is the realization of it, feeling be’s it, and emotion guides you to it. 

Really, it to you. 

2 hours ago, Mandy said:

You already are enough. Out of knowing that, feeling it, being it "enough" comes to you. Why demand how or in what form? You can enjoy the idea of whatever you want. Write a check to yourself like Jim Carrey, write it on your dreamboard or in a journal, but then maybe what you are also wanting is the beauty of nature and a wealth of amazing people who love you. And maybe that's not something you can really posess. Money somehow both pales in comparison but is no less f-ing awesome. I wouldn’t settle for any less than a life that feels, a NOW that feels... enough. 

Lol did write myself a check like Jim, dreamboarded it, but no journal. Missing ingredient? I'm 21 now but that's sort of the number I want to retire with. 

With inflation in the mix who knows how much money with be how much money in several years. It might be a big deal or less of a big deal. Best to sort of jive with the feeling/essence of it, than the goal of a particular number. 

No, I don't think the journal is the missing ingredient, just saying it doesn't matter as much where or how you make your intentions.

Youtube Channel  

"I'm being greedy" is just conditioning/limiting beliefs.  It's not how much money you have, it's what you're doing with it.  Most of Musk's billions is company stock and his companies are objectively important for humanity's future.  He's not hoarding or rolling around in it on his bed nude.  

Edited by Baller

3 minutes ago, Baller said:

"I'm being greedy" is just conditioning/limiting beliefs.  It's not how much money you have, it's what you're doing with it.  Most of Musk's billions is company stock and his companies are objectively important for humanity's future.  He's not hoarding or rolling around in it on his bed nude.  

How can you be so sure maybe he does 😂

When it comes to manifesting money, I'd start small. Start with aiming for like 5k-10k if that's realistic for you. 

Once you see that money in your bank account you get the direct experience that it's really well...real. 

Then keep following the breadcrumbs, little by little is the key, then aim for 20k or whatever feels within reach. Gotta feel into it. 

A lot of people struggle with manifesting money because they wanna go from 0 to a million lol.

♾️

1 minute ago, MazE said:

How can you be so sure maybe he does 😂

He's a total nerd.  His idea of fun is something technical.  I understand his mentality (supposedly he's an INTJ 5w6 like me.)

Guys like that aren't about money per se, but all the cool toys money can buy (like space rockets.)

1 hour ago, MazE said:

@Baller i see. Is it worth it to learn about the different personalities? 

There is some utility in it, as in e.g. knowing your type and what your crutches and weaknesses are and the right direction for your development, but if you already have decent self-awareness it will only reaffirm what you already knew about yourself.  As far as other people and personalities, it may be useful if you use it to be more compassionate and understanding, and stop expecting others to be something different than what they are.

Wishing is not enough. “If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.”

You have to do something. Commit to a course of action and be patient. Create the person and circumstances that allow you to achieve what you want. Use intelligence and creativity. Go at it soberly and diligently, like a monk would do.

And don’t take me too seriously, I’m a guy on the internet. Live your life as you want.

Enough to break even in your expenses, cover your retirement, and also cover a few recreational things on occasion.  If you have kids make sure you bestow on them a real motivation to make their own money instead of just giving them money.  People only do things when there's a real motivation there.  You don't need as much money as you think you do.  If you practice frugality and carefully buy selected things and trips, you can do that with a modest income. I think you should try to cover all expenses after age 65 before then so you can retire if you want to.  Squirrel away some money beyond just breaking even a bit at a time.  Making lots of money comes with a price because you've got to earn that, you've got to devote all your energy to that.  That might be too high a price to pay.  You're not going to be able to take that money with you when you die.  If you work from home as an independent contractor you can write off your home office space and take other tax deductions.  So you can really whittle down your expenses and invest a surplus a little bit every quarter and therefore not need to make big money in order to do everything you want/need to do in life.  Avoid loans and if you have a credit card, pay it off every month and don't exceed like 20% of your credit limit because it will negatively impact your credit score.  Buy your own home and pay off the mortgage (if any) so you can own it free and clear that way you remove any monthly mortgage payment or rent from your expenses ledger.  You'll have to pay annual property tax but you can write that off on your taxes.  Make sure you're paying into social security so you have that income stream after age 65.  If you're paying the self-employment tax as an independent contractor you're paying into social security.  Start a retirement account with a financial investor.  I use a company called Principal Funds for this purpose. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Before my breakdown I made ~3k € / month net. Worked 10 hours / day, 6 days / week. Didn't have time for my family, bought all the goodies I wanted to buy. I was unhappy and felt extremely poor.

A couple of not so intelligent choices made me lose it all, got completely broke.

Now, I work only a tiny bit, make barely enough to pay the loan on my house and buy food, but I have the time and energy to work on myself and spend time with the people I love, and I have never felt so rich.

Could I make more again? Sure. Would I set my current lifestyle on the line for that? No way 😁

Edited by Tarak

I don't claim any truth. I just share my personal experience.

On 4/22/2022 at 12:29 PM, Tarak said:

Before my breakdown I made ~3k € / month net. Worked 10 hours / day, 6 days / week. Didn't have time for my family, bought all the goodies I wanted to buy. I was unhappy and felt extremely poor.

A couple of not so intelligent choices made me lose it all, got completely broke.

Now, I work only a tiny bit, make barely enough to pay the loan on my house and buy food, but I have the time and energy to work on myself and spend time with the people I love, and I have never felt so rich.

Could I make more again? Sure. Would I set my current lifestyle on the line for that? No way 😁

First of all, much respect for the discipline.

Nowadays, you don't need to work a lot to make a lot of money.

Even to become a billionaire, it's not absolutely necessary. Usually you only do it if you enjoy it so much that it takes little to no energy.

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

15 minutes ago, BlendingInfinite said:

First of all, much respect for the discipline.

Nowadays, you don't need to work a lot to make a lot of money.

Even to become a billionaire, it's not absolutely necessary. Usually you only do it if you enjoy it so much that it takes little to no energy.

I wonder how you would make huge amounts of money without a lot of work and energy. Can you give me some examples of what you think would work? Just curious.

I don't claim any truth. I just share my personal experience.