Is there a limit to how good you can feel?

Someone here

Is there a limit to how good you can feel ? Or is too much of feeling good will, in a  counterintuitive way, lead to a burn out ? 

For example ..the male orgasm lasts about 9-12 seconds.  and that's it . You enjoy it because its short. If it lasted for a minute or two it would be annoying and painful. And if it lasted for an hour or more you would literally be in pain and suffering wanting this experience to end. 

Can you feel infinitely good ? I'm struggling to Articulate what it is that I'm asking lol..but is there like a threshold of pleasure that will turn it into pain if it feels so, so,so fucking GOOD? 

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

@Blessed2 If I remember correctly..you struggled in the past with drug addiction (not sure what drug and please correct  me if I'm wrong about that).. did you feel like the high could result keep raising infinitely or is there a limit when It becomes too much pleasure that you can't stand it anymore?  Do you feel me?

No, I don't remember ever saying anything like that.

There must be an effortless way.

5 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

I hear what you're asking.

"Limit" is a thought, and thought is limited.

There's no need to worry.

That doesn't help me clarify my question.  If thought says something is such and such. 

What exactly that makes thought not reflective of the truth ?  

I don't understand why thoughts are demonised in this community.  Without thoughts you will die lol. Imagine walking by the high way Without giving it thought as to when exactly you should walk..which is obviously after all the cars have passed .

I don’t think it is wrong to do something that makes you feel good, as long as we are honest with ourselves for the reasons we are doing it. For example, I like watching movies. This is not a necessity to life, but I enjoy it. This is just an indulgent and I need to see it as such. Now that I am aware that this is just an indulgent and not a necessity, I can find happiness with watching a movie or with not watching a movie. We only NEED those things which are necessities. Therefore, we are easily able to let go of the things we don’t need at a moments .

Edited by Someone here

13 hours ago, Someone here said:

Is there a limit to how good you can feel ? Or is too much of feeling good will, in a  counterintuitive way, lead to a burn out ? 

If you mean by Love. It burns you, you wake up with love and sleep with love. But it is not something falling love with someone, it is the peace of moment, perfect breathing, calmness, flowness. You don't feel so energetic or tired, you just feel good, fulfilled, every moment you can understand purpose of existence. If it overwhelmes so much crying by beauty is inevitable. 

13 hours ago, Someone here said:

Can you feel infinitely good ? I'm struggling to Articulate what it is that I'm asking lol..but is there like a threshold of pleasure that will turn it into pain if it feels so, so,so fucking GOOD? 

It does feeling so good, burning like an extacy. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

3 minutes ago, James123 said:

If you mean by Love. It burns you, you wake up with love and sleep with love. But it is not something falling love with someone, it is the peace of moment, perfect breathing, calmness, flowness. You don't feel so energetic or tired, you just feel good, fulfilled, every moment you can understand purpose of existence. If it overwhelmes so much crying by beauty is inevitable.

Nice description.👍

are you describing the state of enlightenment or something else ? I think  get to enlightenment, a person must walk the spiritual path, and indeed, such a journey does increase one's happiness. That's because of where the path leads, which is closer and closer to your true self. The true self lies at the core of the self you call "me." But it isn't overshadowed by the everyday ups and downs of life. Your true self has no agenda. It is content simply to be. In being, there is a quality of bliss that is innocent and simple. We all experience it in moments when we are in a state of peaceful enjoyment..it's like gazing at the blue sky on a spring day without the slightest troubling thought inside.

3 minutes ago, James123 said:

It does feeling so good, burning like an extacy. 

I thought that's ego . The ego thinks its dissolving will be a great happening with fireworks and transformation into a Super Saiyan 😆..isn't it just the end of the mistaked identification with the false self ? Why does it feel good nesscary?

25 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Nice description.👍

are you describing the state of enlightenment or something else ? I think  get to enlightenment, a person must walk the spiritual path, and indeed, such a journey does increase one's happiness. That's because of where the path leads, which is closer and closer to your true self. The true self lies at the core of the self you call "me." But it isn't overshadowed by the everyday ups and downs of life. Your true self has no agenda. It is content simply to be. In being, there is a quality of bliss that is innocent and simple. We all experience it in moments when we are in a state of peaceful enjoyment..it's like gazing at the blue sky on a spring day without the slightest troubling thought inside

When enlightenment is no more necessary, in this so called state you do not behave from the perspective of human being, you behave from nothing, which is what you really are. Therefore, there is no ups or down, just appreciation to have a even body. Appreciation of anything good or bad don't matter, even experiencing, breathing is unbelievable. This happens after so called enlightenment. 

25 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I thought that's ego . The ego thinks its dissolving will be a great happening with fireworks and transformation into a Super Saiyan 😆..isn't it just the end of the mistaked identification with the false self ? Why does it feel good nesscary?

There is no you in this so called state, you are the love, happiness and peace. I feel happy is a wrong explanation, I am the happiness, love etc...

In order to understand, comprehend and feel this situation, enlightenment and after enlightenment,. forgetting the one who was pursing enlightenment or enlightenment must be forgetten. 

It is like you never eat a apple before, and I am trying to tell you how is the taste is like. Read the article below. It might help to understand it. 

https://tricycle.org/magazine/ten-oxherding-pictures/

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

The point is not to try to feel good all the time.  That's a kind of chasing and is unreasonable -- a kind of pleasure seeking or pleasance seeking.  What you want is to be ok with however you're feeling at any given moment in time, and to understand why you're feeling the way you are at any given moment in time.  Sometimes you might feel bad because you're growing or changing for the better.  Change often comes with a kind of depression.  Success often comes with a kind of depression.  In those cases (and in every case) knowing why you feel bad is key!  People notice the feeling but don't have the right idea that goes with the feeling.  It's best to get to the point where you're ok feeling any kind of way and knowing why you're feeling any kind of way.  Chasing feeling good will leave you stuffing feeling bad into your shadow.  Then when bad feelings do come down the pipe, you're gonna be really unhappy because you're resisting negative emotions.  People often make feeling good a priority and take that over truth in their metaphysics and epistemology.  This is well intentioned but not going to cut it too.  It's best to expect life to cycle through all the emotions (good and bad) and be ok with experiencing what is here and know why it's here.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

10 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

The point is not to try to feel good all the time.  That's a kind of chasing and is unreasonable -- a kind of pleasure seeking or pleasance seeking.  What you want it to be ok with however you're feeling at any given moment in time, and to understand why you're feeling the way you are at any given moment in time.  Sometimes you might feel bad because you're growing or changing for the better.  Change often comes with a kind of depression.  Success often comes with a kind of depression.  In those cases (and in every case) knowing why you feel bad is key!  People notice the feeling but don't have the right idea that goes with the feeling.  It's best to get to the point where you're ok feeling any kind of way and knowing why you're feeling any kind of way.  Chasing feeling good will leave you stuffing feeling bad into your shadow.  Then when bad feelings do come down the pipe, you're gonna be really unhappy because you're resisting negative emotions.  People often make feeling good a priority and take that over truth in their metaphysics and epistemology.  This is well intentioned but not going to cut it too.  It's best to expect life to cycle through all the emotions (good and bad) and be ok with experiencing what is here and know why it's here.

Nice perspective Joseph 👌 

However..the usual question is of course how to be happy ?I don’t think there is a way of being happy other than being independent and attempting to succeed in getting whatever you want from life. There is certainly no guarantee that you will. But that is the only way.

A life trajectory which relies on fitting in, being told what to do, being a part of this or that is about safety. A lot of people do that and get what they want. It is their right to life. It is not wrong. It doesn’t come short of some sort of ideal. It just doesn’t make happy.

Happiness is by achievement. Achievement is by purpose. A purpose is personal. Personal things can be fulfilled by the person himself or herself.

If one chooses to pursue happiness independently, and circumstances are not neutral, the only option is to change position and try again.

17 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Nice perspective Joseph 👌 

However..the usual question is of course how to be happy ?I don’t think there is a way of being happy other than being independent and attempting to succeed in getting whatever you want from life. There is certainly no guarantee that you will. But that is the only way.

A life trajectory which relies on fitting in, being told what to do, being a part of this or that is about safety. A lot of people do that and get what they want. It is their right to life. It is not wrong. It doesn’t come short of some sort of ideal. It just doesn’t make happy.

Happiness is by achievement. Achievement is by purpose. A purpose is personal. Personal things can be fulfilled by the person himself or herself.

If one chooses to pursue happiness independently, and circumstances are not neutral, the only option is to change position and try again.

Thank you for the kind response.  I kind of think shooting for happiness is not the right objective.  It's too rigid.  The masculine will want to do this.  But the feminine understands that things happen cyclically too and that reality can't really be put under such linear, permanent control.  It's delicate, but really right now is where you should be happy no matter what is occurring.   That's the best place you can get to -- where you can enjoy the moment even when it sucks really bad, you can still have peace there and appreciate it on some level.  That's the most sustainable solution if you can get that.  The masculine is always going to try to improve things including feelings.  So we're always going to deal with that aspect too.  And we should cherish that, we should not put that into the shadow.  I guess what I'm warning against is this hope that one can find happiness as a kind a permanent state.  I think that's very tempting in theory but not useful in practice.  It's better to be able to find the now valuable no matter what emotional state or circumstance you're in -- and then you'll achieve a kind of love of it all that immunizes you from suffering too much even when you're suffering.  This is why spiritual enlightenment teachers say accepting the now is the work.  The mind wants to improve the now.  That's ok, but you can see how that can also cause a problem with accepting the now.  They work together though.  There's a divine marriage or working with that can be put into practice in the now between the masculine aspect (idealism) and the feminine aspect (acceptance).

Edited by Joseph Maynor

16 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Thank you for the kind response.  I kind of think shooting for happiness is not the right objective.  It's too rigid.  The masculine will want to do this.  But the feminine understands that things happen cyclically too and that reality can't really be put under such linear, permanent control.  It's delicate, but really right now is where you should be happy no matter what is occurring.   That's the best place you can get to -- where you can enjoy the moment even when it sucks really bad, you can still have peace there and appreciate it on some level.  That's the most sustainable solution if you can get there.  The masculine is always going to try to improve things including feelings.  So we're always going to deal with that aspect too.  And we should cherish that, we should not put that into the shadow.  I guess what I'm warning against is this hope that one can find happiness as a kind a permanent state.  I think that's very tempting in theory but not useful in practice.  It's better to be able to find the now valuable no matter what emotional state or circumstance you're in -- and then you'll achieve a kind of love of it all that immunizes you from suffering too much even when you're suffering.  This is why spiritual enlightenment teachers say accepting the now is the work.  The mind wants to improve the now.  That's ok, but you can see how that can also cause a problem with accepting the now.  They work together though.  There's a divine marriage between the masculine aspect (idealism) and the feminine aspect (acceptance) that can be put into practice in the now.

How can you have unconditional happiness?  Happiness  IS a condition.  You see ? Happiness is not pain. And pain Is not boredom .and boredom is not sorrow etc you get what I mean?  How can you have unconditional amounts of a conditional thing

You seem to imply that To be happy is to accept all things as they are.
I think To be happy in the way the world sees happiness doest exist.

For example if your happy which a film and then the film ends, what then? You become sad. f you have been playing a game which you love and it's stolen what then? You become sad.

If you accept that everything is temporary that's not only happiness but a end to pain. 

I agree though .Life’s not always going to be sunshine and rainbows. At least I should make  the first step in recognition. And it sounds like you want to make moves in another direction
I think happiness comes from achieveing goals. Make a goal, any goal, and attempt to achieve it.

In establishing goals, you create new criteria for happiness. A faster mile time? Okay, if I keep running, I can do that, and that will make me feel good about myself. Help kids in Africa? Okay, I’ll start saving money for a trip, and I can imagine their little smiling faces when I bring them toys and food.

No matter where / what you are in life, you can always make new goals, and always take satisfaction in achieving them.

I once suffered greatly with depression, so strong that even getting out of bed seemed like a major task. I’d make little goals— just make my bed before noon. I did that, and I was glad to have even that little control over my circumstances. The next day, I said, “I’ll clean up for just 5 minutes.” I did that, liked my cleaner new room, felt happy about it, and cleaned for another hour.it did THAT make me feel ecstatic!

Now, I’m depressed much less often, because I usually have a few goals going on: learn computer programming; lose some weight; . So long as I don’t just plug into the TV and tune out my life, I find plenty to feel good about. That makes me happy.

Edited by Someone here

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Someone here

What was it like when you achieved happiness? 

This is an interesting question. But notice ..First, How would you actually define happiness? Is it a sense of joy about being alive, or is it a momentary experience that comes and goes? Is it a deep contentment? Can it exist by itself or do we have to experience pain/unhappiness to appreciate it?

I haven't achieved happiness yet.  Im not listless. I have a long ass set of goals to achieve that I believe only by achieveing them I will be happy.