How to utilise the emotional scale?

Someone here

Ok, I'm late to this but I've heard Abraham  Hicks in one of the videos I've listened to that this is just a guide, and it's not necessary to try to classify what you feel or even give names to the emotion that you're feeling, and you can even create your own emotional scale if you want to. All that matters is trying to reach for a feeling that feels a little better than the current one, and go general to dissipate the negative momentum. Or something like that. So how exactly do I move up the spiral ? If I'm experiencing a negative emotion..how to let it go and experience a positive one ?

RDT_20221123_1713068670303046390110281.jpg

Edited by Someone here

Most people will automatically assume that there's only worth as long as you're in the upward spiral. 

But the downward spiral is equally helpful. 

For example if you feel nervous about something, you need to why. Maybe it's an indication that there's danger 

If you feel angry, then maybe you are dealing with something undesirable. 

I look at it this way - if you're aware of the sympathetic and the parasympathetic nervous system, then that's how I view it. I view the happiness scale the upward spiral as the sympathetic nervous system. And the downward spiral as the parasympathetic nervous system. Both systems are vital for growth. You need someone to guide you but you also need someone to warn you. 

Do you get my idea? 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

The scale shows that you can't really expect to go from anger to optimism, there's some momentum at play there. It also gives you acceptance for certain emotions. We may believe we are above jealousy for example and therefore be repressing it with thoughts of identification of being someone too spiritually evolved for such things. It helps to recognize that it is the emotion at play,  not necessarily the person or circumstance the thoughts are about. It helps you to watch the thoughts rather than believe them and in doing so keep thinking them and staying in the discordant emotion. 

Youtube Channel  

1 hour ago, Mandy said:

The scale shows that you can't really expect to go from anger to optimism, there's some momentum at play there. It also gives you acceptance for certain emotions. We may believe we are above jealousy for example and therefore be repressing it with thoughts of identification of being someone too spiritually evolved for such things. It helps to recognize that it is the emotion at play,  not necessarily the person or circumstance the thoughts are about. It helps you to watch the thoughts rather than believe them and in doing so keep thinking them and staying in the discordant emotion. 

Can one manifest this emotion that is in play experientially?  So the guide feels more evident so to say. 

Also, i don’t understand when you say it helps you watch the thought rather than believe them(is this ironic?). The emotion does??

10 hours ago, nurthur11 said:

Can one manifest this emotion that is in play experientially?  So the guide feels more evident so to say. 

Feeling is always there, emotion guides thought. If it doesn't seem evident enough, listening or feeling into it, slowing down, is what gets us out of the pattern of bulldozing over what we're feeling by thinking. If we do keep on thinking discordant thoughts emotion becomes more evident by in that we feel worse, until you can't ignore it and can't ignore the desire to feel better. That's how you inadvertently go down the scale. I suggest the first way, slowing down thought and getting curious about feeling. 

10 hours ago, nurthur11 said:

Also, i don’t understand when you say it helps you watch the thought rather than believe them(is this ironic?). The emotion does??

There's a vast difference in me believing that I have SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) and getting depressed every November, and me recognizing that when a really bad feeling thought comes up what I want is to let go of that thought, and sink into feeling itself. Even if that thought is about November, and the calendar says "November", believing the thought means suffering all year every winter, watching the thought means realizing that I'm timeless and just choosing to focus on that NOW. NOW is the only actuality of November, NOW is perfect potential and everything I ever wanted, not my discordant conditioned connotations and beliefs about November and myself and my brain chemistry, etc. Does that make sense? 

Youtube Channel  

2 hours ago, Mandy said:

Feeling is always there, emotion guides thought. If it doesn't seem evident enough, listening or feeling into it, slowing down, is what gets us out of the pattern of bulldozing over what we're feeling by thinking. If we do keep on thinking discordant thoughts emotion becomes more evident by in that we feel worse, until you can't ignore it and can't ignore the desire to feel better. That's how you inadvertently go down the scale. I suggest the first way, slowing down thought and getting curious about feeling. 

Feeling might be always here but not always it is noticed and what you are saying for me means putting extra focus on what one is feeling. Now the interesting part for me is when you say discordant thoughts emotion: I notice myself that I am out of sync - I might be feeling differently but expressing myself differently. I might be very sad and hopeless but believe that I am angry, hyped. Or I might dislike something and think that is wrong and I am wrong. Still dont know how to tackle this but the best thing for me is to just stop trying doing anything to myself. 

I will reply the other part later becasue i have to leave.bb.

On 11/23/2022 at 5:13 PM, Someone here said:

Ok, I'm late to this but I've heard Abraham  Hicks in one of the videos I've listened to that this is just a guide, and it's not necessary to try to classify what you feel or even give names to the emotion that you're feeling, and you can even create your own emotional scale if you want to. All that matters is trying to reach for a feeling that feels a little better than the current one, and go general to dissipate the negative momentum. Or something like that. So how exactly do I move up the spiral ? If I'm experiencing a negative emotion..how to let it go and experience a positive one ?

RDT_20221123_1713068670303046390110281.jpg

“You” are the problem “YOU”. Let go yourself. You have no control over anything whatsoever. You dont even breathe the air, body does. Let go everything. JUST LET GO. Expecting to have a good emotion is still controlling let go the person who wants to feel good and have a positive one.  YOU ARE THE BIGGEST ENEMY.  FALL INTO EMPTINESS.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

7 hours ago, Mandy said:

There's a vast difference in me believing that I have SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) and getting depressed every November, and me recognizing that when a really bad feeling thought comes up what I want is to let go of that thought, and sink into feeling itself. Even if that thought is about November, and the calendar says "November", believing the thought means suffering all year every winter, watching the thought means realizing that I'm timeless and just choosing to focus on that NOW. NOW is the only actuality of November, NOW is perfect potential and everything I ever wanted, not my discordant conditioned connotations and beliefs about November and myself and my brain chemistry, etc. Does that make sense? 

Yes - now is now. I understand. It makes sense.

Just watching the thoughts also makes sense. 

On 11/23/2022 at 10:13 AM, Someone here said:

If I'm experiencing a negative emotion..how to let it go and experience a positive one ?

Let go of thinking that emotion is negative in anyway, trust the feeling is showing you how you feel about the thought you are currently thinking, reach for a little bit better feeling thought. Get really good at making small steps and really feeling what the next thought is like, stay with it for a bit. How it feels in the body when thinking the better feeling thought. Then reach for another better feeling thought.

Ten thousand tears,

One Belly Laugh.

On 11/28/2022 at 7:34 PM, James123 said:

“You” are the problem “YOU”. Let go yourself. You have no control over anything whatsoever. You dont even breathe the air, body does. Let go everything. JUST LET GO. Expecting to have a good emotion is still controlling let go the person who wants to feel good and have a positive one.  YOU ARE THE BIGGEST ENEMY.  FALL INTO EMPTINESS.

you mean like no-thingness, as in surrender.. but there isn't a distinction to defeat is there?

And is there to be aware of a kind of emptiness akin to numbness whereby 'letting go' after feeling the emotions and stewing with the thoughts, and then not knowing what to 'do' or think anyway ? <maybe, that's exhaustion.

I agree, might I add you are your bestest friend also.

but does not that void of empty have potential to be 'filled'.. hmm..  so creating in that space ? 

It's all in the now isn't it. 

Edited by almond

On 11/29/2022 at 1:48 AM, Loop said:

Let go of thinking that emotion is negative in anyway, trust the feeling is showing you how you feel about the thought you are currently thinking, reach for a little bit better feeling thought. Get really good at making small steps and really feeling what the next thought is like, stay with it for a bit. How it feels in the body when thinking the better feeling thought. Then reach for another better feeling thought.

this ^^

36 minutes ago, almond said:

you mean like no-thingness, as in surrender.. but there isn't a distinction to defeat is there?

And is there to be aware of a kind of emptiness akin to numbness whereby 'letting go' after feeling the emotions and stewing with the thoughts, and then not knowing what to 'do' or think anyway ? <maybe, that's exhaustion.

I agree, might I add you are your bestest friend also.

but does not that void of empty have potential to be 'filled'.. hmm..  so creating in that space ? 

It's all in the now isn't it. 

Let go the thinker/thinking. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

How to climb into a positive emotional vortex?  What's worked for me is to build in hope.  Find some kind of hope that puts you on the rim of integrating the higher emotions.  It depends on why you're feeling the negative emotions.  If you're changing, there's a low that comes from that because you're breaking up with a part of your routine.  So, it's good to know why you're feeling a certain way.  If you do know why you can understand why you're feeling the way you do and also know it's temporary and necessary.  There's a pain that comes with any kind of significant change or even achievement.  Have you ever felt depressed when you got what you wanted and how feel lost?  I have, last week in fact.  That project held me together and now that it's gone, and I got depressed, ironically, after a significant success and project completion.  Let the negative emotions happen.  It's natural.  To build in hope -- the best way is to make a plan for another good thing you can put your mind, heart, and body to.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor