My thoughts of Leo and actualize.org. What do you think?

Forza21

3 hours ago, God said:

And be sure to watch Leo's video on devilry.  Many people, especially those religious, tend to have childish/naiive ideas about the topic.

You become a devil when you demonize / consider evil anything that's a threat to your ego.  If you were 100% selfless, evil could not even exist, from your perspective.  It's only when you are fearful and have something to defend that you can see anything as "evil".  And through this act of demonization, you become the devil yourself.

If there is no self how can one be afraid? 

Just now, Joseph Maynor said:

It's kinda shaming as well to call someone a devil.  It's using shame for whatever reason or motive.  This will be my last comment in this thread.  I think it's good to make people feel good and encouraged as a teacher in my judgment.  That's what works for me when I teach myself and others.  It's about encouragement and getting someone to value a change even if it takes them a long time for things to circle around and they achieve it.

I don't get your point

10 hours ago, God said:

And be sure to watch Leo's video on devilry.  Many people, especially those religious, tend to have childish/naiive ideas about the topic.

You become a devil when you demonize / consider evil anything that's a threat to your ego.  If you were 100% selfless, evil could not even exist, from your perspective.  It's only when you are fearful and have something to defend that you can see anything as "evil".  And through this act of demonization, you become the devil yourself.

Also who's ego lol you literally said become the devil as if their is some separate entity called the "devil". 

Dog we are here to support you but please for my sake and others leave the devil talk at the door

20 hours ago, Faith said:

I have Chrome, but yeah, it worked. 

Thanks. 

No problem. It's my way of saying sorry about the recent events and that one particular comment. I shouldn't have said such things.

Have faith.

19 hours ago, Phil said:

Is it possible, that what is currently being considered people judging, is actually your judgement of people, and that these people are a step ahead of you so to speak, in dispelling, working through, inspecting & questioning, the delusional “teachings” of this purporting? 

I have given this some thought and reached an answer from my pov. It's my opinion, and it's not meant to offend anyone in anyway, so please feel free to throw it in the garbage can and then the shredder without even recycling it if you want, because I won't elaborate very much because it's more of an intuitive conclusion for me than an intellectual one, and this conversion would probably require a lot of time and effort at this current time and the abilities that I have to communicate and articulate properly.

So, to your question: Is it possible? Yes, of course, it is possible. No questions or doubts there.

But is it actually the case? I don't think so.

While I think Leo has his pitfalls and delusions, I don't think you (or whoever is disagreeing with him) has the bigger picture perspective. I think Leo has it, and it's flying over your heads. I think he understands your position, but you guys don't understand his. I also think that some of his delusions are valid and have more value than you think.

Overall, in my estimation, Leo is not only one step ahead, but many. He claims that he is the most awake human, and I don't think he's overestimating himself. But at the same time, it's almost like he lost some of his eyesight on the way there.

Is Leo advanced? I think he is more advanced than most people, yes. And this is a relative estimation from my limited experience of people.

Is he the most advanced ever? I don't think that's the case, for obvious reasons, like the lack in certain aspects. We might say he's out of balance.

Is he perfect? Absolutely not, and in fact very far from it.

Again, this is just my useless opinion. I might be deluded, brainwashed, manipulated, crazy, etc. And my opinion probably doesn't even matter to begin with, so please feel free to dismiss it or to make whatever you want out of it.

Edited by Ges

Have faith.

29 minutes ago, Ges said:

Is Leo advanced? I think he is more advanced than most people, yes.

Where did this belief and rhetoric come from, that there are more or less advaced people, and more or less advanced teachings?

There must be an effortless way.

3 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

How did you make that leap in logic? 

Mate... You are spending a lot of time discussing with someone on the internet named "God", who it's very obvious you wont change. Just .. leave it? Is it in anyway contributing? If you really are that eager to argue, just start a pm thread maybe and you can knock yourself out. Its really not interesting for anyone else, it looks to me at least

Edited by WhiteOwl

1 hour ago, Ges said:

I have given this some thought and reached an answer from my pov. It's my opinion, and it's not meant to offend anyone in anyway, so please feel free to throw it in the garbage can and then the shredder without even recycling it if you want, because I won't elaborate very much because it's more of an intuitive conclusion for me than an intellectual one, and this conversion would probably require a lot of time and effort at this current time and the abilities that I have to communicate and articulate properly.

So, to your question: Is it possible? Yes, of course, it is possible. No questions or doubts there.

But is it actually the case? I don't think so.

While I think Leo has his pitfalls and delusions, I don't think you (or whoever is disagreeing with him) has the bigger picture perspective. I think Leo has it, and it's flying over your heads. I think he understands your position, but you guys don't understand his. I also think that some of his delusions are valid and have more value than you think.

Overall, in my estimation, Leo is not only one step ahead, but many. He claims that he is the most awake human, and I don't think he's overestimating himself. But at the same time, it's almost like he lost some of his eyesight on the way there.

Is Leo advanced? I think he is more advanced than most people, yes. And this is a relative estimation from my limited experience of people.

Is he the most advanced ever? I don't think that's the case, for obvious reasons, like the lack in certain aspects. We might say he's out of balance.

Is he perfect? Absolutely not, and in fact very far from it.

Again, this is just my useless opinion. I might be deluded, brainwashed, manipulated, crazy, etc. And my opinion probably doesn't even matter to begin with, so please feel free to dismiss it or to make whatever you want out of it.

You don't think he's overestimating himself as the most awake human, "more advanced than most people"..  looks like some serious worshipping going on.. try to really look at him, not at the words that comes out of his mouth, but just look at him and the way he manifests himself, as this most awoke person. I mean.. come on. Who would care for 1 sec how awake anyone claims themselves to be if they show up as he does? What is this all about?

Look at other "teachers" (or just standard decent human beings lol), how they show up and act around groups of actual people.. Then look at your most awoke person.. what is he doing from day to day. The only videos i have seen of him with other people are the ones in vegas with him running around.. just look at it.. nothing against him, but just look really.. Who would care at all how awoke or not this guy is.

Hope you succeed in creating the best life for yourself. All the best

Edited by WhiteOwl

@Joseph Maynor Haha. I noticed you don't joke a lot, and found that to be a bit interesting. I thought that you have a certain position on comedy that doesn't think very highly of it. And absolutely, you excel at philosophy, it's your thing. But it's always a good practice to step out of one's comfort zone and try new stuff. That keeps me refreshed, at least.

Though, I don't get why you might not feel completely welcome here. I haven't seen any critiques of you yet. And in my experience, it's pretty much the norm to get some comments here and there when you're arguing with someone. I don't take them seriously anymore.

Edited by Ges

Have faith.

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

what's going on with most of this stuff is spiritual and philosophical entertainment and the lucrative business model behind this.

Well, what about the music industry (just to name one example)? Sensory entertainment and a lucrative business model behind it.

I mean, there seems to be a double standard against spiritual and philosophical entertainment for some reason.

Edited by Ges

Have faith.

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I would start a different thread for that.  I think Phil wants to keep this tread focused on discussing Leo Gura.

It's a very relevant point. I'm highlighting the double-standard there.

Have faith.