Reoccuring Dreams

Lotus

3 hours ago, Lotus said:

Do reoccuring dreams serve a specific purpose? Why do we have them?

They seem like a representation of emotions, which are yet to be transmuted. 

Yes, very much so, and as well, how suppressed emotion relates to dreams as separate, which serve a purpose, or which one has. 

‘JP’s’ really wakin up. ✊🏼

So great see. 

@Phil Just wondering... Perhaps dreams are really no different from 'waking world', only a bit more fluid?

Emotion seems to 'hold' information. Or not hold, but draw forth. Or something like that. Basically for me it seems like what intuition for example, points to, is that emotion somehow carries immense amount of 'information'. Or that emotion is creative potential.

Dreams are emotion translated to what we call sensory experience. Things, places etc. ?

There must be an effortless way.

@Indisguise

One thing Jordan Peterson said really stood out for me: Dreams are the birthplace of thought. If that is the case, then: 

Thoughts multiply and manifest. 

If thoughts multiply and manifest, then dreams can be precursors of manifestation, by sparking the initial thought, which then can multiply, if one is willing to focus upon the thought that is being born out of a dream. And of course, aligning after waking up from the dream. 

23 minutes ago, Phil said:

and as well, how suppressed emotion relates to dreams as separate, which serve a purpose, or which one has. 

Do you mean that suppressed emotions show up in dreams to show us what we want, and that we are not aligned with what we want (=separate)?

The coolest reoccurring dream I've had is when I suddenly remember that there's this room in my house that is sealed off, or that I totally neglected and forgot about. And I go in there and it's always very dirty and neglected, but the potential and structure is absolutely amazing. 

Youtube Channel  

1 hour ago, Lotus said:

Do you mean that suppressed emotions show up in dreams to show us what we want, and that we are not aligned with what we want (=separate)?

Yes, but maybe more so it reveals conceptualization(s) such as “I woke up” & “I just had a dream”, or “what a shitty dream I just had”. Meanwhile it’s the “I” which is most relevant, in terms of Self-conceptualizing. 

@Mandy That‘s such a cool dream. I love how art driven dreams can be. Both the design of it and the script behind it. ‚Real life‘ too!

Oh god, I‘m remembering my coolest dream by far now!! I was in the basement of an house. There was a long, low lit staircase, as if in a temple. At some point, as you walk down the staircase, you walk by a lion head sculpture, directly in front of you, in the narrow staircase. You walk a little further and finally arrive at the entrance. As you open the door, a huge, huge library appears in front of your eyes. And there‘s a witch-like creature, which I’ve never seen,  which is haunting me, as I explore the infinite looking library. 

@Phil There‘s a little time slot when you awaken from the sleep, in which the ,sleeping mind‘ turns into the ,conscious mind‘ and  quickly sows everything together. It‘s riiight at the time slot where you just gain enough consciousness to wake up. That to watch is interesting. And also, how this is done effortlessly in ,realtime‘, now, actually. 

Edited by Lotus

@Phil Can dreams be our savior? If I find it hard to journal, can't find what I want, struggling to align and not understanding why I'm having a difficult time and suppressing all those emotions but not managing to express - Can a night's dream be a savior in that it will illuminate what is it that I want to align with (the unsuppressed emotion) but can't recognize it in the "waking phase" which is full of beliefs and constrictions? That's of course if I keep a dream journal I suppose.

@Lotus

Quite hysterical indeed. 🙂

6 minutes ago, fopylo said:

@Phil Can dreams be our savior? If I find it hard to journal, can't find what I want, struggling to align and not understanding why I'm having a difficult time and suppressing all those emotions but not managing to express - Can a night's dream be a savior in that it will illuminate what is it that I want to align with (the unsuppressed emotion) but can't recognize it in the "waking phase" which is full of beliefs and constrictions? That's of course if I keep a dream journal I suppose.

Yes, the dream journal works & jives very well with using the emotional scale.  As practices they are very clarifying and purifying of focus. 

@Mandy Yeah, libraries can be so mystical in dreams!

Didn't you read a book about a house which represents the psyche? Perhaps our basement/house dreams were a similar representation? I certainly know that I have a witch, which I've never seen, in my psyche. Perhaps the witch represents discordant beliefs, as their existence is only believed to be true. :classic_laugh:

3 hours ago, Mandy said:

Also there are the less appealing not being able to unlock my old high school locker dreams. 

Opening from the outside or the inside?