Getting into Reiki

Lotus

I took a reiki 1 class in person in the fall. The people were wonderful, and it dissolves your isolating personal space bubbles you might have drawn at some point in life as well as conceptual boundaries of self and other. At the same time the respect and love for other is revealed. My partner was a woman in her 80's which was perfect because this gracefully confronted some beliefs I had about aging. Reiki 1 teaches you the recommended hand positions to use on your self and others which gives you a great starting point, and if you can't sleep well or are falling asleep or waking up it's a great time to go through these. Seems pretty simple, and is, but I really appreciate having taken the class in person.

Youtube Channel  

6 minutes ago, Mandy said:

I took a reiki 1 class in person in the fall. The people were wonderful, and it dissolves your isolating personal space bubbles you might have drawn at some point in life as well as conceptual boundaries of self and other. At the same time the respect and love for other is revealed. My partner was a woman in her 80's which was perfect because this gracefully confronted some beliefs I had about aging. Reiki 1 teaches you the recommended hand positions to use on your self and others which gives you a great starting point, and if you can't sleep well or are falling asleep or waking up it's a great time to go through these. Seems pretty simple, and is, but I really appreciate having taken the class in person.

Thanks for sharing! Makes me pretty excited to take a class for myself. 😁

I can confirm that it helps with sleeping/waking up/feeling refreshed. Maybe it was a coincidence, but I drew the Sei He Ki symbol for three consecutive days, woke up super refreshed every time. Now, I haven't done it for two days, and immediately I'm feeling rather drowsy in the morning.