Finding the right reiki practitioner for me

On 4/28/2022 at 2:33 PM, noomii said:

Other areas where my tensions are most dominant are pelvic floor and stomach.

I've been struggling with the pelvic floor, too. Having learned about 'pelvic floor therapy' was a blessing to my health. There are specific forms of therapies for both men and women. They include stretches, breathing exercises and so called Kegel exercises.

Both the stomach and pelvic floor area have spots where all neural paths cross each other. You can think of them like highway junctions. When there's an accident(= tension and sticky tissue) it impacts the rest of the highway (=the 'rest' of the body). So, you can probably imagine that it's worthwhile to keep those areas free of ailments. The above therapy benefitted me tremendously, maybe they can help you as well. :classic_smile:

4 hours ago, Lotus said:

I've been struggling with the pelvic floor, too. Having learned about 'pelvic floor therapy' was a blessing to my health. There are specific forms of therapies for both men and women. They include stretches, breathing exercises and so called Kegel exercises.

Both the stomach and pelvic floor area have spots where all neural paths cross each other. You can think of them like highway junctions. When there's an accident(= tension and sticky tissue) it impacts the rest of the highway (=the 'rest' of the body). So, you can probably imagine that it's worthwhile to keep those areas free of ailments. The above therapy benefitted me tremendously, maybe they can help you as well. :classic_smile:

@Lotus Thanks for the reminder! I know about some of them :classic_happy: Recently I realized it might be an important part in healing. I've mostly thought that it will go away the more I relax generally so I haven't focused so much on it but I've heard that tense pelvic floor muscles trigger anxiety. Maybe it's more important than I've thought.

Now I just try to be aware & relax my pelvic floor whenever I feel like it (it's tense all the time if I don't notice it yes). I do some stretching/deep breathing everyday. Sometimes I shake my body.

I'm a bit skeptic about kegel exercises for the purpose of relaxation when I'm already tense.

What do you like the most for relaxation?

13 hours ago, noomii said:

@Lotus Thanks for the reminder! I know about some of them :classic_happy: Recently I realized it might be an important part in healing. I've mostly thought that it will go away the more I relax generally so I haven't focused so much on it but I've heard that tense pelvic floor muscles trigger anxiety. Maybe it's more important than I've thought.

Now I just try to be aware & relax my pelvic floor whenever I feel like it (it's tense all the time if I don't notice it yes). I do some stretching/deep breathing everyday. Sometimes I shake my body.

I'm a bit skeptic about kegel exercises for the purpose of relaxation when I'm already tense.

What do you like the most for relaxation?

Oh, I didn't know that! But this sure reflects my experience. When I experience anxiety, it almost feels like it emanates from the gut area - and it even makes me shake on psychedelics, as if the psychedelic wants to get rid of the constant tension in that area. Relaxing those regions, in turn, make me feel much more at ease.

My problem was that those tensions were chronic, so that they always came back. Especially the Lying Butterfly, the Happy Baby, and this one (without lifting your head) helped me keep those areas relaxed. But there's a lot more to explore, these are just my personal favs from a program that I'm currently following, which is designed specifically for dealing with the pelvic floor. Definitely a game changer. :classic_smile:

Edited by Lotus

11 hours ago, Lotus said:

Oh, I didn't know that! But this sure reflects my experience. When I experience anxiety, it almost feels like it emanates from the gut area - and it even makes me shake on psychedelics, as if the psychedelic wants to get rid of the constant tension in that area. Relaxing those regions, in turn, make me feel much more at ease.

My problem was that those tensions were chronic, so that they always came back. Especially the Lying Butterfly, the Happy Baby, and this one (without lifting your head) helped me keep those areas relaxed. But there's a lot more to explore, these are just my personal favs from a program that I'm currently following, which is designed specifically for dealing with the pelvic floor. Definitely a game changer. :classic_smile:

@Lotus 

I think maybe it goes both ways. Anxiety trigger tensions + chronic tensions in pelvic floor makes the body think it's in constant "danger".

Thanks for sharing. I like "Childs pose". I do it every night before sleeping it's soo relaxing 😍 

For me, I think a part of having tense pelvic floor comes from having a destructive relationship to sexuality + sexual assault + non-sexual touch that I don't want.

Owning my body, being aware of what I truly want, setting boundaries, practicing verbal consent, being mindful & feeling my feelings helps me.

Maybe you don't relate to this at all, but maybe if there is the experience of chronic tensions maybe there is something deeper to explore that is triggering it? 😊

And yes I feel like I have a lot more to learn about this!

Edited by noomii

16 hours ago, Phil said:

@Lotus

What is Reiki? 

My Google algorithms always spitting out something along the lines of "a healing technique based on the principle that the therapist can channel energy into the patient by means of touch, to activate the natural healing processes of the patient's body and restore physical and emotional well-being".

Sounds like a help to establish a connection with source energy, but truly, I'm clueless what Reiki is.

11 hours ago, noomii said:

I think maybe it goes both ways. Anxiety trigger tensions + chronic tensions in pelvic floor makes the body think it's in constant "danger".

Yep, I think so, too! It's somewhat of a self-reinforcing loop.

Thanks for sharing. I like "Childs pose". I do it every night before sleeping it's soo relaxing 😍 

Oh yeah, didn't know it was called Childs pose, but it really do be good. 🥰

For me, I think a part of having tense pelvic floor comes from having a destructive relationship to sexuality + sexual assault + non-sexual touch that I don't want.

Owning my body, being aware of what I truly want, setting boundaries, practicing verbal consent, being mindful & feeling my feelings helps me.

Yup, that's something we have in common. I haven't had the best relationship to sexuality and intimacy, either.

Sounds kinda wonky, but I found out for myself that the energy in the lower belly area never really came to rest because it never found the expression it sought.

This then connects back to sexual and intimate expression.. which connects back to being aware of what I truly want (from a relationship, in this case). So key!

Maybe you don't relate to this at all, but maybe if there is the experience of chronic tensions maybe there is something deeper to explore that is triggering it? 😊

And yes I feel like I have a lot more to learn about this!

Oh, trust me, I do. There's still a lot for me to learn, too.

And I really appreciate this convo btw. :classic_smile:

@Lotus

That’s pretty good imo. 

Thinking of a reiki practitioner as a healer, is like thinking of a wire that goes from an electrical outlet to a toaster, as “the electrifier”. When it’s just a wire. And really, not even. Electricity doesn’t even actually travel through wires. That would be a facade / belief. It just seems like it does. 

@noomii

I would write “have a reiki session” on your dreamboard, and forget about it / allow it to happen, give it to the universe / receive it. 1% express what is wanted, 99% watch and enjoy it as it manifests and falls into place. Universe is super good at that, when allowed. Notice, in relation to the tension, there’s little (no) tension in this mindset. Might be a sweet paradigm shift at play here, in that life is happening for you, and not to you. Experience Reiki just for the experience, not as a solution, not to meet expectations. 🙂 

40 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Lotus

That’s pretty good imo. 

Thinking of a reiki practitioner as a healer, is like thinking of a wire that goes from an electrical outlet to a toaster, as “the electrifier”. When it’s just a wire. And really, not even. Electricity doesn’t even actually travel through wires. That would be a facade / belief. It just seems like it does. 

Makes sense and sounds like switching the channels on TV.

So, Reiki is simply universal energy, 'free floating', so to speak?

On 5/2/2022 at 9:38 AM, Lotus said:

Sounds kinda wonky, but I found out for myself that the energy in the lower belly area never really came to rest because it never found the expression it sought.

This then connects back to sexual and intimate expression.. which connects back to being aware of what I truly want (from a relationship, in this case). So key!

@Lotus Might explain a part of what's going on in my belly 😂

Felt a bit scary to share. Felt good being able to relate to you. 😊

What's the name of the program you're following?

On 5/2/2022 at 1:41 PM, Phil said:

@noomii

I would write “have a reiki session” on your dreamboard, and forget about it / allow it to happen, give it to the universe / receive it. 1% express what is wanted, 99% watch and enjoy it as it manifests and falls into place. Universe is super good at that, when allowed. Notice, in relation to the tension, there’s little (no) tension in this mindset. Might be a sweet paradigm shift at play here, in that life is happening for you, and not to you. Experience Reiki just for the experience, not as a solution, not to meet expectations. 🙂 

Feels better to attract from a place of inspiration & wanting to enjoy the experience itself 🥰