Finding the right reiki practitioner for me

I want to resolve tensions in my body & have been thinking about how reiki could help me in the process.

My prio 1 is relaxing my head because of the severe brainfog I experience. Other areas where my tensions are most dominant are pelvic floor and stomach. As you could guess my stomach/digestion is out of balance.

I've met a few people that I know practice reiki and naturally I know I would choose the person I feel most relaxed & safe with. I think I've even felt it when writing with someone but I guess it's good to meet in person or at least talk on the phone before.. hehe.  

Is it possible to find practitioners that are better than others in reiki? How can one know if someone is "good"?

With reiki, you act like a "straw" for energy, so it's not really skill but an allowance/flow thing. First and foremost, that allowance is your own. In my area there are free reiki clinics put on, and reiki is more of a community service than a paid service, do you have anything like that where you can go to meet several practitioners at once? 

Youtube Channel  

1 hour ago, Mandy said:

With reiki, you act like a "straw" for energy, so it's not really skill but an allowance/flow thing. First and foremost, that allowance is your own. In my area there are free reiki clinics put on, and reiki is more of a community service than a paid service, do you have anything like that where you can go to meet several practitioners at once? 

So, I just need to allow myself to receive healing & simply choose anyone that feels right for me? 😊

No, there's no free reiki clinics here

Edited by noomii

If digestion is out of balance and brain fog is experienced I’d look at diet for any excessive and or man made “foods”. Specifically sugar & prepackaged stuff wether take out or grocery store. Basic, try eating a diet of whole food. 

Google for the closest Reiki practitioner, and make an appt. 🙂

Then try another. Then try a third, or return to the first or second if they really clicked.

And so on.  

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Then try another. Then try a third, or return to the first or second if they really clicked.

And so on.

Sadhguru advised caution on going to "healers". He talked about them possibly messing up your energy, if they don't know what they're doing.

I mean, from a gut feeling, I'd say that I am the source of my energy.. but I'll gladly respect the advice of a yoga master, too. That's gut feeling, too.

Once again, taking another opinion than 'just my gut'.. what do you say, Phil?

1 hour ago, Phil said:

If digestion is out of balance and brain fog is experienced I’d look at diet for any excessive and or man made “foods”. Specifically sugar & prepackaged stuff wether take out or grocery store. Basic, try eating a diet of whole food. 

And so on.  

Yes, a nutritionist have helped me with diet, different tests for my gut etc with an holistic approach. The gut could still cause the fog even though I only eat foods that feel good.

I'm also trying to make sure there's nothing else causing the fog

Thank you  🙂

11 hours ago, Phil said:

Did it seem like “a healer” “messed your energy up”? 

The one I had with you was fine. I could certainly imagine that it is possible, though. Just as chugging a bottle of vodka messes with your energy for a few days.

11 hours ago, Phil said:

As far as Sadhguru, it seems like it would be pertinent wether he has experienced what he’s talking about. 

Doesn't he do Shaktipat and other energetic work himself? It would make sense that he understands what he's talking about, e.g. the energetic world.

Analogously, I'd always recommend finding a proper mixing engineer for your music. A crappy one can mess up the mix so much that it would sound better without mixing at all. I don't know if this analogy holds here.

25 minutes ago, Phil said:

Hearing someone refer to reiki as healers is like hearing someone refer to music as mixing engineers. 

Oh okay, I can work with that. So reiki points to something much bigger, and reiki practitioners/healers are only a small fraction of reiki? Just as mixing engineers are one of many 'parts' in music?

@Lotus

Reiki practitioners are not healers. Anyone who has read virtually any book on Reiki, or directly experienced a session would know this. 

No disrespect to Sadhguru. 

No one is above the occasional mis-reference to a belief, mistaking it for direct experience. 

There is no such thing as reiki practitioners or healers, or the ego which knows there is. 

“Mixing engineers” are angels to your conscious creating. 

(And not even🤍). 

1 hour ago, Phil said:

@Lotus

Reiki practitioners are not healers. Anyone who has read virtually any book on Reiki, or directly experienced a session would know this. 

No disrespect to Sadhguru. 

No one is above the occasional mis-reference to a belief, mistaking it for direct experience. 

There is no such thing as reiki practitioners or healers, or the ego which knows there is. 

(And not even🤍). 

Maybe it could be said Reiki appears as "healers" ? 🤔😄

Is "Reiki" the same as "Source"? Or "Love"?

There must be an effortless way.

@Phil

Granted, I never looked into any reiki book and have no clue about it either. It sure sounds very interesting, though.

If one wanted to go about practicing reiki, how much would it take of their daily time to follow up on the practices? I'm currently doing a specific 12-week program which takes about 2-3hrs of my daily schedule + skateboarding + working + friends + family + uni + music + everything else.. hard to squeeze something in there. :classic_laugh:

1 hour ago, Phil said:

(And not even🤍). 

Indeed. 🙏

@Blessed2

6 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Maybe it could be said Reiki appears as "healers" ? 🤔😄

Is "Reiki" the same as "Source"? Or "Love"?

Is does seem, that it seems to a yoga master, that the thought of reiki is the same as the direct experience. And not. 

4 minutes ago, Lotus said:

@Phil

Granted, I never looked into any reiki book and have no clue about it either. It sure sounds very interesting, though.

If one wanted to go about practicing reiki, how much would it take of their daily time to follow up on the practices? I'm currently doing a specific 12-week program which takes about 2-3hrs of my daily schedule + skateboarding + working + friends + family + uni + music + everything else.. hard to squeeze something in there. :classic_laugh:

Reiki can be very helpful for untangling the apparent paradox of time & reiki. 

This (this thread inquiry) might not be something you’re really interested in. 

But it might be, and sure seems it is, something the op is interested in.