3 hours ago, Kevin said:

I think Trump is the best choice in this election. I have a theory that who we vote for isn’t really about their policies. I think we vote for who we like and then we find reasons after we decide to justify our vote.

Is that how you want to carry on? Or would we get what we wanted and be less easily deceived and manipulated if we just looked at policies? 

3 hours ago, Kevin said:

Anyway I like Trump and I am very distrustful of Kamala. Kamala has been in favor of some crazy radical policies in the past but now she’s the nominee it seems like she’s hiding her policies? Her website has 0 info on what she supports or what policies she cares about.

Trump used to be a liberal though. They've both got the same stuff going on. I think that if you're voting for a persona, that persona itself is always deeply untrustworthy, because there just isn't one. 

Youtube Channel  

The United States is the richest country ever in the history of mankind. There is enough for free essentials. 😂

What is all this wealth for if not for actually making life more fun and easy for everyone?

I am the playful and ever-present Source, joyfully embracing every thought and emotion as part of my perfect, unfolding co-creative dream.

9 hours ago, Orb said:

I knew a woman who was completely being taken care of via government support, she never had to pay a single bill with her own money, everything was paid for. She had her own apartment, money was provided for groceries and all essential needs, even her medication was completely covered. She never had any debilitating condition except for being diagnosed with depression. She was basically living in filth and visibly unhealthy and broke. This is why I dont trust the "free college, free money, free everything!" type of thinking that tends to circulate in more left leaning people. 

What's the "this" why you don't trust welfare? You just described a sick person recieving welfare.

I am the playful and ever-present Source, joyfully embracing every thought and emotion as part of my perfect, unfolding co-creative dream.

5 hours ago, Kevin said:

I think Trump is the best choice in this election. I have a theory that who we vote for isn’t really about their policies. I think we vote for who we like and then we find reasons after we decide to justify our vote.

Anyway I like Trump and I am very distrustful of Kamala. Kamala has been in favor of some crazy radical policies in the past but now she’s the nominee it seems like she’s hiding her policies? Her website has 0 info on what she supports or what policies she cares about.

Not so much a "theory" as a summation of exactly what's wrong with politics.  And you can look up her policy proposals very easily.

If you don't like "handouts" or "free money" why would you want the guy who was born with a bigger handout of free money than any of us will ever recieve from any government policy in our lives? Kamala didn't get that handout, she worked to get where she is. 

Edited by Jonas Long

54 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

If you don't like "handouts" or "free money" why would you want the guy who was born with a bigger handout of free money than any of us will ever recieve from any government policy in our lives? Kamala didn't get that handout, she worked to get where she is. 

Dude it was a small loan of a million dollars, accounting for inflation that's not that much. 

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

5 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

It was more like 400 million and we're talking 1976.  No government handout is remotely close to that in any world.  

I was joking lol. 

But where'd he get the 400 million from?

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

I think it's best to watch speeches from both Trump and Harris, and actually listen to both before pre-conceptions. Before beliefs about media bias, left and right, etc.

11 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Tying all worldwide economic conditions to the current or past US President is an interesting phenomena. 

It is and I don't think it's accurate at all to claim that, but this is what happens when it's someone's main or only argument, we can't get to real substance because it's all in bad faith at that point.  

2 hours ago, Jonas Long said:

Not so much a "theory" as a summation of exactly what's wrong with politics.  And you can look up her policy proposals very easily.

How? There’s nothing on her website. My only knowledge of her policy is from clips of her speaking. Policies she has been in favor of are mandatory gun buybacks and reparations. Naturally I wouldn’t support those.

4 minutes ago, Kevin said:

How? There’s nothing on her website. My only knowledge of her policy is from clips of her speaking. Policies she has been in favor of are mandatory gun buybacks and reparations. Naturally I wouldn’t support those.

Here's a start. https://www.newsnationnow.com/politics/2024-election/trump-harris-political-views/

Harris wasn't expecting to be a Presidential candidate herself until very recently, Trump has had, what like 9 years to update his website?

Youtube Channel  

4 hours ago, Mandy said:

Is that how you want to carry on? Or would we get what we wanted and be less easily deceived and manipulated if we just looked at policies? 

I mean it would probably be best if people prioritized policy and record over just liking the candidate.

4 hours ago, Mandy said:

Trump used to be a liberal though. They've both got the same stuff going on. I think that if you're voting for a persona, that persona itself is always deeply untrustworthy, because there just isn't one. 

Certainly he used to be. I’m not anti liberal and I don’t vote strictly conservative. I’m curious what you mean by saying they both have the same stuff going on?

I felt like Hilary was an incredibly fake candidate who was protected and propped up by the media. Trump appealed to me in 2016 because he was the complete opposite.  Politics in my lifetime(and probably before) always been incredibly fake and scripted. The whole point of campaigns is to sell you a fake image of who you’re voting for. Trump basically came in and said fuck.

I like Trump now for the same reasons. Trump is always doing long speeches and interviews. He often goes off teleprompter and he does interviews in hostile places where the people interviewing him hate him.

Kamala has like no interviews. I believe her campaign is keeping her hidden mostly and only doing scripted events so she can’t put her foot in her mouth. I’m very much looking forward to the debate because I think it will be very revealing.