Life Changing Productivity Habits

Recently I've found a few simple yet amazing life changing habits that have made life so much easier. I also feel more empowered in my life and more responsible too. 

Here they are

-Bringing a small notepad with me everywhere and writing any info on there that i need in the moment and dont want to forget (to do list, important info, quick notes, etc. ), you can also do this with a note app on the phone and imo its even better on there.

-Using a digital calendar (Google calendar, outlook, etc.) leads to experiencing more empowerment since you are adding structure to your month and are able to have a birds eye view of your whole month, you can also put repeating events (birthdays, meetings, work schedules, habits, dates, etc.) In there so you never forget events and stuff. You also feel like a total boss when you set up a schedule for yourself and choose what to dedicate those blocks of free time to. 

-Using a reminder app helps me to not have to remember tasks since the reminder will just let me know later in the day, I never miss a task or forget anything now after using it often. 

Give these a shot and lmk how it goes!

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

This somehow never works for me. I'm so frustrated because of it. The notepad always stays there and I always forget to look at the notepad, both physical and digital. I also forget to look  at the calendar. I am always engaged with some other task when the dedicated time slot for some special task arrives. Then the whole day and month is completely out of sync and structure piling up my frustration steadily. I have tried so many methods but just nothing seems to really take off speed the way I would like to. 

I think I would need a more intuitive, holistic, organic planner that understands my specific problems. I don't know how to do that. Still struggling. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

4 minutes ago, Reena said:

This somehow never works for me. I'm so frustrated because of it. The notepad always stays there and I always forget to look at the notepad, both physical and digital. I also forget to look  at the calendar. I am always engaged with some other task when the dedicated time slot for some special task arrives. Then the whole day and month is completely out of sync and structure piling up my frustration steadily. I have tried so many methods but just nothing seems to really take off speed the way I would like to. 

I think I would need a more intuitive, holistic, organic planner that understands my specific problems. I don't know how to do that. Still struggling. 

Try it again then! Also, keep your monthly schedule simple if you find you can't handle the volume of tasks you want to complete rn. Just put down your work hours and like 2 extra events/tasks/etc. per week. 

Also, just curious, you got a job?

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

1 minute ago, Orb said:

Try it again then! Also, keep your monthly schedule simple if you find you can't handle the volume of tasks you want to complete rn. Just put down your work hours and like 2 extra events/tasks/etc. per week. 

Also, just curious, you got a job?

Currently I do work but it's a contract based work. So it's inconsistent income. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

Posted (edited)

I still believe working together with someone as accountability partners is the best way to go, although I haven't found anyone who wants to do that the way I envision it.  I make lists on my whiteboards, take photos of them, and then print them out.  Although I don't really respond well to forcing myself to doing stuff, I find that mindfulness (and repeated reminding by looking at lists) too will get some things done.  Notice there are things you're already prolifically doing and things someone almost needs to boss you or goose you to do.  I call these strengths and weaknesses, respectively.  It helps tremendously if you can align your life with your strengths because you don't have to change anything and you're already prolific in those things.  I also feel like when I'm ahead I feel proud and that sits with me better than feeling like I'm behind and feeling that shame.  Here's another one that's kind of reverse psychology.  Lately I've been working on Advaita Vedanta and kind of detaching and noticing stuff still happens and in so doing I have less emotions one way or the other and I try to use kind of "Awareness alone is curative" to focus on the things that need doing and kind of let go of the ego as wanting something and just resting in the Self.  Try many things.  I've never been great at doing stuff I don't enjoy.  The stuff I do enjoy I work on prolifically, but I don't earn money that way yet, although I want to align myself such that what I already do prolifically is the basis of my source of income.  It also helps to do what I call a brute force day or couple/few days which you might call a deep work session just to see and feel what it's like to be very prolific.  I call these timebound challenges.  It's best to keep these short I find - like 2 days to start, or even just 1 day.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Orb

Awesome suggestions! I agree.

I like cold water on the face, laughter, exercise / loud music, meditation, fast, look at dreamboard (every morning). 

What music do you listen to?

Edited by Nadosa

I think having a timetable helps me more than having a notepad although a full scale timetable feels a bit rigid. I recently bought an app for a notepad and I haven't still used it although still paying for it's subscription. 

It also helps to focus on what doesn't make you productive 😁, like keeping a list of these things, for example distractions that did not allow you to do the things you wanted to do and to keep a note and remind yourself so that you don't repeat those distractions. 

48 minutes ago, Reena said:

It also helps to focus on what doesn't make you productive 😁, like keeping a list of these things, for example distractions that did not allow you to do the things you wanted to do and to keep a note and remind yourself so that you don't repeat those distractions. 

Hm, doesn't it help more to focus on what you want to do and just get those things done?

2 hours ago, Orb said:

Hm, doesn't it help more to focus on what you want to do and just get those things done?

I forget easily. I get lazy easily. I get distracted easily. I get blank easily. It's probably my autism, that's why I find it harder than most people. Long term focus is a problem in autism. 

1 minute ago, Reena said:

I forget easily. I get lazy easily. I get distracted easily. I get blank easily. It's probably my autism, that's why I find it harder than most people. Long term focus is a problem in autism. 

While neurodevelopment disorders are very much real and can effect our daily functioning, you can definitely succeed in spite of that. 

The whole point of these habits is that they automate your life basically. This is coming from someone with adhd: forgetfulness all my life, behaving impulsively since childhood (like leading an entire class of kids into another classroom and fighting the other kids and getting punched in the face), mom yelling at me telling me I'm a failure bc I always had trouble focusing in school, etc. 

But fuck all that. You can do it 🙂

42 minutes ago, Orb said:

While neurodevelopment disorders are very much real and can effect our daily functioning, you can definitely succeed in spite of that. 

The whole point of these habits is that they automate your life basically. This is coming from someone with adhd: forgetfulness all my life, behaving impulsively since childhood (like leading an entire class of kids into another classroom and fighting the other kids and getting punched in the face), mom yelling at me telling me I'm a failure bc I always had trouble focusing in school, etc. 

But fuck all that. You can do it 🙂

That's encouraging thank you

10 minutes ago, Reena said:

That's encouraging thank you

The truth is, no ones gonna help you. Stand up on your own two feet, start grabbing the bull by the horns. Start getting after it. Then, all of a sudden people will begin to help you. Life is mysterious in that way...

@Orb I think having an Accountability partner helps. 

Just now, Reena said:

@Orb I think having an Accountability partner helps. 

Give it a shot! It certainly helped me quit an addiction I was experiencing a while back 🙂