You know what would be rad?

Spirituality which doesn't impose impossible tasks on you.

I know, I know, it's crazy. Blasphemy? Arrogance!

Why are you not letting go attachments?

Just stop! Sit down for a minute and just stop all attachment.

Oh, you can't?

Try again tomorrow. Maybe magically something changes and suddenly you can.

Maybe after two years you can let go. Or maybe six years. Or ten.

You just have to wait. A bit like when you take cough medicine. You keep taking it every day for five years and expect it to start working at some point. It's just stupid of you to expect for it to do it's job on day one. In fact, it's your fault that you haven't stopped coughing yet. Just stop coughing, dumbass.

ca1.thumb.jpg.a9bdcf86e400ec5b899c32b24e24b929.jpg

There must be an effortless way.

Which Spirituality has imposed anything on you other than you doing it to yourself? 

I didn't get you. Nobody ever told you or tells you anything. Everyone has their path. If you have to follow something specific then it's no different than religion. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

59 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Spirituality which doesn't impose impossible tasks on you.

I know, I know, it's crazy. Blasphemy? Arrogance!

Why are you not letting go attachments?

Just stop! Sit down for a minute and just stop all attachment.

Oh, you can't?

Try again tomorrow. Maybe magically something changes and suddenly you can.

Maybe after two years you can let go. Or maybe six years. Or ten.

You just have to wait. A bit like when you take cough medicine. You keep taking it every day for five years and expect it to start working at some point. It's just stupid of you to expect for it to do it's job on day one. In fact, it's your fault that you haven't stopped coughing yet. Just stop coughing, dumbass.

ca1.thumb.jpg.a9bdcf86e400ec5b899c32b24e24b929.jpg

You okay? 

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

If a medicine is functional, it's functional. It's taken and the cough is gone today. That's what medicine is. That's what it's for.

If you could let go attachments, you would have already done that. Attachments would be gone now.

"Just stop drinking" isn't the medicine for an alcoholic. Alcoholism means that you can't just stop drinking. If you could stop drinking, you would have already done that. Drinking would be gone now.

Similarly "stop aversion" or "acknowledge emotions" is not the medicine, because the very implication in that suggestion is that aversion is happening and emotions are not acknowledged. Why is aversion happening and emotions are not being acknowledged?

Wouldn't a functional medicine make it so that aversion and not ackowledging emotions would be no more?

Not coughing is not the medicine for cough. It's health. The medicine is what ends coughing.

Give me medicine, don't just describe health.

20 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

If a medicine is functional, it's functional. It's taken and the cough is gone today. That's what medicine is. That's what it's for.

If you could let go attachments, you would have already done that. Attachments would be gone now.

"Just stop drinking" isn't the medicine for an alcoholic. Alcoholism means that you can't just stop drinking. If you could stop drinking, you would have already done that. Drinking would be gone now.

Similarly "stop aversion" or "acknowledge emotions" is not the medicine, because the very implication in that suggestion is that aversion is happening and emotions are not acknowledged. Why is aversion happening and emotions are not being acknowledged?

Wouldn't a functional medicine make it so that aversion and not ackowledging emotions would be no more?

Not coughing is not the medicine for cough. It's health. The medicine is what ends coughing.

Give me medicine, don't just describe health.

The medicine is feeling whatever arises and if any resistance arises, feel it too. More and more it becomes clearer that Love is feeling. 

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

@Blessed2 you're the medicine asking us to give you medicine, of course it's gonna be a frustrating situation lol. 

overall, the healing youre seeking is unfolding already, it's far beyond you, let it take over fully. 

Posted (edited)

Why can't you or I let go of attachments?  Recently I’ve seen an end run around problems like this by realizing that the Self doesn’t attach or detach.  I don’t know why this helps me but it has.  It sunk in for me and changed the way I think about the relation between the Self and the ego.  I realized a lot more things said are pointers for the ego to wake up to the Self.  But once the Self has been realized, it all just seems to die on the vine.  There is nothing to detach from.  What or who would be doing the attaching or detaching?  I answered a post by @James123 that raised a similar issue to this.  I think the presumption is that somehow the ego needs to do something to cause or force the existence of the Self or that the Self is somehow creating ego — but if ego doesn’t exist that could not be the case.  This stuff is very tricky because there’s layers of sneaky ways the ego factors in.  The Seif is not a results seeker.  What or who is letting go?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 hours ago, Orb said:

The medicine is feeling whatever arises and if any resistance arises, feel it too.

That's already the case.

It's like saying "be yourself" or "be in the moment".

I am already myself and I can't be out of the moment.

I am already feeling whatever arises.

4 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

That's already the case.

Yes. But actually do it though 😅🙏.

FEEL. Feel everything. 

Like rn feel the tip of your toes. There that's it. That's literally Love. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

That's already the case.

Also, just to be clear, Love is what is Feeling (aka: Being) the whole universe. 

Love is not.....a feeling. 

If you're a baby crying and your mom/dad embraces you suddenly the emotion is still there but you feel better, you feel like there's something bigger than you that is allowing your emotion to be there and is simultaneously supporting/loving the emotion. 

Unconditional Love IS that, just infinite 😁

Whatever you feel, it's like you're cradling it like a baby and loving it. 

Edited by Orb