"Personal Power" - Powerlessness.

Blessed2

Here's something to "get right" prior anything else. Preferably first thing in the morning, when the attitude and mindset is being set for the new day.

1. Recognize the complete inability and incompetence to accomplish anything by your own power.

2. This is not really a step, but what naturally and automatically follows from the first step: hand the management over to higher power.

Some tips for the first step of recognizing you do not have any power or management quality:

- Sit down for a moment and try with all your might to be happy. See if you succeed, or if you actually just start feeling worse. Recognize your total lack of ability to be happy.

- Check what goals you have, such as losing weight for example. Sit down and try to lose weight, or try to move to a future where you have lost weight. Recognize that you simply just can't do that.

- Try to change the past or the future.

- Try to rise on the emotional scale. Try to manifest a desire.

- Sit down and try to meditate perfectly or become enlightened. See if you can do that.

- Sit down and try to "do it" or "get there" or "make life finally work". Notice you just can't make that happen. If you could, you already would have.

- If you're still having trouble, recognize that you can't even manage to recognize you can't manage.

It should be starting to get clearer and clearer that there has never been such thing as "personal power", and you have never accomplished anything by your own power.

The management is already in the hands of a higher power.

There must be an effortless way.

Some shadow work might be necessary prior to this to uncover the underneath repressed fears, repressed desires and repressed hopes. As well repressed memories. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

4 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

- Sit down and try to meditate perfectly or become enlightened. 

?  Try to mediate and become enlightened.   Yeah that's gonna work.

Look  - your steps leave you failing before you even begin.

Realize that it's not within your power ? That's really a hopeless attitude.  To acknowledge there is no free will and to place it in the hands or a higher power - well - that defeats you before you have even begun. There are a lot of things within your own power.   Whether they are guided or laid out initially by something higher than you is irrelevant.   

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Reena said:

Some shadow work might be necessary prior to this to uncover the underneath repressed fears, repressed desires and repressed hopes. As well repressed memories. 

I think that whatever 'work' (including shadow work) is done with the idea that it's done with your own power, it's not quite going to deliver. Or maybe not. Dunno.

Edited by Blessed2

47 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

?  Try to mediate and become enlightened.   Yeah that's gonna work.

It was an example that might not work in all cases.

The examples were something to actually do, not think about.

Try these ones:

- Sit down for a moment and try with all your might to be happy. See if you succeed, or if you actually just start feeling worse. Recognize your total lack of ability to be happy.

- Check what goals you have, such as losing weight for example. Sit down and try to lose weight, or try to move to a future where you have lost weight. Recognize that you simply just can't do that.

- Try to change the past or the future.

- Try to rise on the emotional scale. Try to manifest a desire.

49 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

Look  - your steps leave you failing before you even begin.

Realize that it's not within your power ? That's really a hopeless attitude.

No, I think these are actually pretty fundamental steps to success. Someone else might express it differently, but this resonates for me.

"My own power does not exist. With it I can not accomplish anything.

Taking each step with God, I have already arrived."

It's IMO an empowering attitude, cause you're "tapping into" limitless power.

The steps are synonymous with the first two steps of Alcoholics Anonymous btw.

53 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

To acknowledge there is no free will and to place it in the hands or a higher power - well - that defeats you before you have even begun.

I'm not taking any stance in regard to free will or not. There's a subtle difference in connotation between free will and personal power.

54 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

There are a lot of things within your own power.

This is really a "see for yourself" kind of a deal. I don't know anything about other people's experience.

This is like an actual experiment you can do and check in direct experience. Pretty sure anyone would come to the same conclusion. It just might be that the way I'm expressing it doesn't get the message through to everyone.

It's actually quite insane to believe that you should do stuff like quit drugs, create change, succeed in this or that by your own power.

With that belief, quitting drugs, creating change and working for success becomes the last fucking thing you want to do or focus on.

The idea that you can do pretty much anything, if not literally anything, by yourself, of your own power, is insane.

Do you think you can make losing weight, for example, happen by yourself?

If you do believe that, then jump to the future where you have lost weight.

If you could get out of the rut, create the change you want, become happy, be blessed like a saint, why have you not already made that happen?

Why do you meditate? Why do you read books? Why do you contemplate? Why do you come to forums?

Why don't you just snap your fingers and be done with it?

If you believe that you (your weakness, your attachments, your desires, your lack of willpower etc) are standing in your own way, then you'd be split in two and you'd be serving two masters. How could you win that battle?

If you believe that something other than yourself is in your way, them you'd admit that God is powerless.

All spiritual messages are really from the higher power, to the higher power. The message isn't for you.

If you think it's for you, then it seems like you've been doing something wrong, and that you should do something.

I don't know if that is true, but it lightens me up so so much, takes so much weight off my shoulders that it's true enough.