An interesting question

Blessed2

Just had an interesting, perhaps eye-opening question pop up.

If there's a belief that there are awakenings and stages and levels and degrees, this will be a useless question.

If there isn't, then it might open some doors:

Why are you not enlightened yet?

What's holding you back?

There must be an effortless way.

Posted (edited)

Some kind of answers might come, such as "I am not meditating enough", "I am not controlling myself enough", "I am not fearless enough" etc.

And then those beliefs may be questioned.

As I dive into those questions, beliefs like what I mentioned (I am not meditating, controlling, fearless enough) come to mind.

Yet then I can ask: Why am I not meditating, controlling and fearless enough yet?

It all kind of falls apart with this kind of questioning.

Then thoughts arise that maybe it's just not in my power, there's nothing to do except surrender and wait for luck or the grace to help me. But those thoughts feel off.

Weird.

Edited by Blessed2

Real enlightenment is very loving, caring and freeing. It's very protective. It has an aura to it. Have you seen Eckhart Tolle, Sadhguru or Adyashanti. They don't go around telling people they are wrong or make them feel unwelcome. God's doors are open to everyone. There is no high quality and no low quality or prostitute or saint or victim or ideal person or high class or low class, rich poor in front of the Ultimate. That's what enlightenment is supposed to be. How do I know this? Because my country India has a long tradition of enlightened saints. And they don't read books. They live in people. They practice compassion. They are practically egoless and you almost begin to feel that egolessness in their presence. You feel uplifted and you start crying happy tears because of the unusual aura they emanate. You feel like you met your maker. You don't feel judged or labeled or tagged or broken or criminalized. In front of such enlightened saints even a criminal will lose his intent to commit wrong. They bring such transformation by their presence alone. Just giving an example, because I haven't spent a lot of time with them since I have my life too and I will have to give up society in order to practically live with them and that's a good plan but not possible right now for me.But at least I got a glimpse of what it might look like.   Enlightenment makes you like water, water is even given to a criminal.. If you are truly enlightened from within, you'll be able to be compassionate even to the worst criminal in the world and not judge them. It's almost Christ like. An aura, a presence so powerful it will shake you in ecstasy. What you see on this forum is a hierarchy of moderators and members, a cult like environment, power show, system of rules and judgement. This is bullshit and bastardization of Indian concepts and non-duality and the wrongful application of such valuable concepts and their wrongful embodiment. This is not how it's practiced in our country at all. This is done to appease western audiences and completely changed its meaning and embodiment. I felt awful and judged on here instead of feeling uplifted.

There is no hierarchy in enlightenment and non duality, there is no power or judgement. There is no politics of favor and disfavor. This is some shady use of non duality I have seen. Now I'm in no way claiming that I am enlightened master in any way, I'm far from such a beautiful transformation myself because it needs intense committment and giving up of material stuff and ego and I'm still attached to the materialness of life and I'm still attached to my ego and pride too. What I'm saying is that real enlightenment in my country in my witness and my observation is loving and soothing and drastically different from what I witness being preached here. Real enlightenment will make you forget that you or another exist. There will be zero judgement or form or shape or anything.

Conversely, it's a bit tough to come back to normal human social life after reaching there because it's very difficult to reverse egolessness and you might lose the motivation to live normal or go to the gym or even get a degree or job.. So namaste with that.

Edited by Reena

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

1 hour ago, Blessed2 said:

Just had an interesting, perhaps eye-opening question pop up.

If there's a belief that there are awakenings and stages and levels and degrees, this will be a useless question.

If there isn't, then it might open some doors:

Why are you not enlightened yet?

What's holding you back?

That I don't want it. 

Mostly some concerns about how I survive as my current life situation would have to reshuffle itself and I'm unhappy about it happening without the illusion of 'my' will.

“Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything.” - Rupert Spira

38 minutes ago, Reena said:

Real enlightenment is very loving, caring and freeing. It's very protective. It has an aura to it. Have you seen Eckhart Tolle, Sadhguru or Adyashanti. They don't go around telling people they are wrong or make them feel unwelcome. God's doors are open to everyone. There is no high quality and no low quality or prostitute or saint or victim or ideal person or high class or low class, rich poor in front of the Ultimate. That's what enlightenment is supposed to be. How do I know this? Because my country India has a long tradition of enlightened saints. And they don't read books. They live in people. They practice compassion. They are practically egoless and you almost begin to feel that egolessness in their presence. You feel uplifted and you start crying happy tears because of the unusual aura they emanate. You feel like you met your maker. You don't feel judged or labeled or tagged or broken or criminalized. In front of such enlightened saints even a criminal will lose his intent to commit wrong. They bring such transformation by their presence alone. Just giving an example, because I haven't spent a lot of time with them since I have my life too and I will have to give up society in order to practically live with them and that's a good plan but not possible right now for me. Enlightenment makes you like water, water is even given to a criminal.. If you are truly enlightened from within, you'll be able to be compassionate even to the worst criminal in the world and not judge them. It's almost Christ like. An aura, a presence so powerful it will shake you in ecstasy. What you see on this forum is a hierarchy of moderators and members, a cult like environment, power show, system of rules and judgement. This is bullshit and bastardization of Indian concepts and non-duality and the wrongful application of such valuable concepts and their wrongful embodiment. This is not how it's practiced in our country at all. This is done to appease western audiences and completely changed its meaning and embodiment. I felt awful and judged on here instead of feeling uplifted.

There is no hierarchy in enlightenment and non duality, there is no power or judgement. There is no politics of favor and disfavor. This is some shady use of non duality I have seen. Now I'm in no way claiming that I am enlightened master in any way, I'm far from such a beautiful transformation myself because it needs intense committment and giving up of material stuff and ego and I'm still attached to the materialness of life and I'm still attached to my ego and pride too. What I'm saying is that real enlightenment in my country in my witness and my observation is loving and soothing and drastically different from what I witness being preached here. Real enlightenment will make you forget that you or another exist. There will be zero judgement or form or shape or anything.

Conversely, it's a bit tough to come back to normal human social life after reaching there because it's very difficult to reverse egolessness and you might lose the motivation to live normal or go to the gym or even get a degree or job.. So namaste with that.

Wat8.jpg.c50461d70abf040bc16db3d9712f7d78.jpg

12 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Wat8.jpg.c50461d70abf040bc16db3d9712f7d78.jpg

Umm. I couldn't have expected better. Good luck. User Someone here was right about you but don't expect others to ride your train, they have a strong independent mind.

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

3 minutes ago, Serenity said:

I don't get your question.

18 minutes ago, Serenity said:

That I don't want it. 

Mostly some concerns about how I survive as my current life situation would have to reshuffle itself and I'm unhappy about it happening without the illusion of 'my' will.

This seems to me in a nutshell: "I am not enlightened yet because I'm not choosing to be because I am concerned/worried/afraid what could happen if I did."

Why are you still concerned/worried/afraid?

Can you just stop being concerned and then choose to be enlightened? Do you need to heal, fix, do something to stop being concerned?

5 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Why are you still concerned/worried/afraid?

Why shouldn't she be? I mean what's your goal?

That people are just enlightened without needing anything?

Just now, Reena said:

Why shouldn't she be?

I'm not saying that anyone shouldn't.

1 minute ago, Reena said:

I mean what's your goal?

I'm not sure.

It's just kind of odd how there seems to be some mystical "element" missing about me that's holding me back from being enlightened. Like there's aaalllwwwayyysss some mystical element missing about a me.

It's just suspicious. Very suspicious.

2 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

I'm not saying that anyone shouldn't.

I'm not sure.

It's just kind of odd how there seems to be some mystical "element" missing about me that's holding me back from being enlightened. Like there's aaalllwwwayyysss some mystical element missing about a me.

It's just suspicious. Very suspicious.

And what I find very suspicious is that you think there's some mystical element when there's none almost as though you deliberately want to obfuscate the idea of enlightenment because you aren't too keen on actually pursuing it or it goes against your inner comfort zone so you come up with some insensible justification such as "mystical element" to compensate for your own inability to deal with your cognitive dissonance that doesn't rhyme with how you want things to be.

2 minutes ago, Reena said:

And what I find very suspicious is that you think there's some mystical element when there's none almost as though you deliberately want to obfuscate the idea of enlightenment because you aren't too keen on actually pursuing it or it goes against your inner comfort zone so you come up with some insensible justification such as "mystical element" to compensate for your own inability to deal with your cognitive dissonance that doesn't rhyme with how you want things to be.

In this case the "missing mystical element" would be the reason I'm not keen enough to pursue it and I'm not wanting to go beyond my comfort zone.

3 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

In this case the "missing mystical element" would be the reason I'm not keen enough to pursue it and I'm not wanting to go beyond my comfort zone.

Well then i can't climb a mountain if I wish to forever sit in my bedroom. It's that sort of a thing. You can't punish it if you don't want it.

27 minutes ago, Reena said:

Slow down and take a breath. This is one sentence. 

Youtube Channel  

6 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Slow down and take a breath. This is one sentence. 

Yea and And? You have a problem with sentences now? Maybe you should slow down on your judgement and lay it off for a while. She has a problem with the length of my sentence now. Are you hunting another reason to give me warnings? Control your anger.

Edited by Reena

@Mandy  yes exactly. It should start with you. If you want to see love, stop with the judging.

@Mandybut I don't feel powerless. I'm simply saying that you get what you give. The thought that I'm supposed to feel powerless because of judgement is your own creation, your own projection and I have noticed that you project a lot on all the users. You make many assumptions without even asking the user what their mindset is. It's like you have already decided something in your mind and that's the holy grail but that's dogmatism. Also if you're not open to debate, what are you doing here? You can't be exempt from criticism if you are participating in a forum. There are people here, not objects. Please treat them so.