Fresh fruits and vegetables

Has anyone else noticed how great they feel after eating uncooked plants? I know that people always say this but never took it seriously until I really, seriously tried it out. If I replace my supper with a huge salad I've found that the next day I have a ton of energy. I have all these thoughts about how I can't eat that much or I'll be hungry or I won't digest it well but the opposite is true. So hilarious how simple diet is. "Eat more fruits and veggies." That's pretty much it. 😂 

Youtube Channel  

100%. Diet has such an immense influence on how we feel, it's literally unbelievable, at least it was for me when consciously comparing two strongly contrasting diets. Eat a bag of chips and a bar of chocolate in the morning and see how you feel for that day and how messed up your digestion will be for that and probably for the next day. Compared with eating fresh veggies and fruits, you will feel absolutely amazing. More energy & better and more stable mood. Even waking up in the morning is easier and feels better.

One day often isn't quite enough to get you into a really stable good feeling in my experience, after 2 or 3 days the body has changed the most, especially the digestion and you really start to feel the effects. Doesn't even have to be uncooked veggies, I absolutely love pan fried vegetables, as far as I know they are more easily digestable - but for this very reason, unprepared veggies can be extremely good for your digestion, just don't overdo it😂

When I'm on a healthy-eating-streak and I break it and eat some nonsense, I will almost immediately afterwards feel like I've poisoned myself a little bit, it's not even pleasant to eat garbage "food" like chips anymore. Robs you all the energy and mood.

6 hours ago, Mandy said:

I have all these thoughts about how I can't eat that much or I'll be hungry or I won't digest it

Same. I often feel like the biggest step is actually just buying fresh fruit and vegetables (+ all the cutting work). But man, once I got  a fat bowl of fruit in front of me and no junk in the house, I'm inhaling that sucker like nothing😂 

Yes, fruits and veggies for sure makes you feel incredible and gives a lot of energy. The main reason why i eat a lot of carbs is to try to not be too skinny, and to be able to gain some muscle when working out. Im sure i would have more energy if i traded some of them for some more greens/veggies, even though i'm doing fine energy wise.

Another story; I sometime work at a place for people with autism, and the people there always react very directly to how they are feeling. Its really remarkable seeing the difference in mood/behaviour after a meal with a lot of salad/greens or a dish with a lot of bad quality meat. After the latter, i have noticed so many times how some of them seem a lot more angry and uneasy. 

Edited by WhiteOwl

16 hours ago, Indisguise said:

unprepared veggies can be extremely good for your digestion, just don't overdo it😂

Yes but if you keep adding more in overtime your digestion adjusts. 

16 hours ago, Indisguise said:

100%. Diet has such an immense influence on how we feel, it's literally unbelievable, at least it was for me when consciously comparing two strongly contrasting diets.

🙏It really does. I'd go ever further with the unbelievable aspect. 

16 hours ago, Orb said:

@Mandy totally, just eat a bowl of fruit with a drop of honey and boom energy shoots up. 

👍 I know, I got caught up in the ever popular demonization of fruit thing. "But when I eat an apple I feel so freaking good." 🤔"Doesn't matter the experts know!" Right. 🙄

15 hours ago, Indisguise said:

Same. I often feel like the biggest step is actually just buying fresh fruit and vegetables (+ all the cutting work). But man, once I got  a fat bowl of fruit in front of me and no junk in the house, I'm inhaling that sucker like nothing😂 

Yes! If you're in the US, Misfits market is a really good way to get them delivered. There are other companies now too. 

15 hours ago, WhiteOwl said:

Another story; I sometime work at a place for people with autism, and the people there always react very directly to how they are feeling. Its really remarkable seeing the difference in mood/behaviour after a meal with a lot of salad/greens or a dish with a lot of bad quality meat. After the latter, i have noticed so many times how some of them get a lot more angry and uneasy. 

😳 That's amazing.

Youtube Channel  

@Mandy Whatchu think of not eating animals?

Just a few days ago I read some posts from a vegan instagram account and damn, it kind of is not very good to eat animals I think.

I mean they're so cute. Each animal is an individual. All they want is to have good time, like we do.

I don't think humans need to eat meat at all. Nah, mother earth ain't that stupid. Millions and billions of animals just to be killed in factories for food and money?!?? If they were meant to be food, why make them so cute and lovable??? No, they're here to be free, loved and cared for.

Anyway, about the original post, fresh pressed orange juice in the morning 🥺😋 (held under sunlight for a moment)

There must be an effortless way.

@Blessed2 we can't make diet into a moral code that we have to follow, only follow feeling.

I tried veganism for a lil more than a month, was taking all the vitamins I needed, made sure I was getting all my calories. 

I was basically a zombie for a month and my memory and ability to think coherently was severely blunted. Also my muscles felt weak and I stopped feeling that "pump" after a workout.

We kill animals and eat them sure, but it's deeper than that, it's really the movement of energy in the universe. Although I have some opinions on the harsh treatment of animals and how people are eating too much meat sure.

I think when it comes to meat, less is more, maybe one meal with a good amount of meat a day is optimal. Nature is kind and giving, I think eating one meal with meat a day is a way to pay respect to the animal eaten and also not abuse nature. 

But yea follow feeling, I know people who are thriving in the world and they're completely vegan, I know people who eat meat and they're thriving in the world. 

Don't let some guy in a turban tell you what you should be eating, I'd rather someone follow the sensations in their body then to lazily accept some teachers recommendation.

I went back to eating meat and my muscles feel stronger, mentally I'm much better (still love a coffee though 😉). 

Edited by Orb

♾️

1 hour ago, Blessed2 said:

@Mandy Whatchu think of not eating animals?

I like to leave it open to intuition in the moment rather than making rules but these days I eat very little animal products, I do eat sardines, occasionally wild salmon, occasionally some other local seafood, and very occasionally some locally raised poultry. I noticed a strong correlation between chronic cyclical pain I was experiencing and consuming animal products. 

Youtube Channel  

14 hours ago, Phil said:

Omg yes. 

Loophole shake (made of raw foods), kombucha, salads, nuts, fruit & veggies.  🥰

(so to speak)… ever take notice of how miraculous it is that the body, mind, thoughts, etc, the whole sha-bang, is made of food? 

Like, the body turns food into the body.

🤯

Yes, I love how Nissargadatta refers to it as the "food body", it's sort of both miraculous and also hilariously humbling.  😄

Youtube Channel