Why is suicide a thing?

48 minutes ago, Ceejay said:

@Mandy 

this above sentence

&

this below sentence

seems contradicting

if I interpret you correctly you said doubt, fear and confusion is believing to know what you don't know...

I don't get it.

Say I am driving a bike and a car suddenly appears to be coming to hit me superfast -- during this time I have fear... how is what you are saying applicable here?

Seems like there's paradox. It can't be one way in exclusion of the other. If you are looking for a solution and feeling terrible because the solution is no where to be found, letting go of the belief that you don't know, dropping the subject entirely will result in relief and often, the solution occurring. The knowing can't come to you, because you already know that you don't know. 

https://medium.com/finn-jackson/the-parable-of-the-taoist-farmer-8f52bba7f12c

A car about to hit you is visceral felt fear and you'll react, not thought and resisted fear. The thought of it now as it's not occurring, and is a story. Getting a mole tested for melanoma and waiting for the results, that unknowing but thinking of how you don't know and imagining unknowns, is the kind of fear I'm talking about. 

Youtube Channel  

This might offer some clarity about what I was trying to say:

Thoughts that feel like the lowest two bars of the emotional scale are more or less often accompanied by suicidal thoughts. They might be more serious, like actual 'persistent' suicidal ideation, or short-lived suicidal thoughts that are not taken that 'seriously'.

The question is: why?

It seems that some kind of relief from those emotions are assumed to be found in death.

However, at the same time, what death holds is assumed to be unknown.

So at the same time death is both assumed to be a relief, yet also unknown.

That's kind of a "glitch in matrix", isn't it?

It brings up a possibility that death is actually just a belief / thought. Like a projection of the materialist paradigm.

There must be an effortless way.

26 minutes ago, Mandy said:

If you are looking for a solution and feeling terrible because the solution is no where to be found, letting go of the belief that you don't know, dropping the subject entirely will result in relief and often, the solution occurring. The knowing can't come to you, because you already know that you don't know. 

Understood. Resonating.

26 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Have read this.

31 minutes ago, Mandy said:

A car about to hit you is visceral felt fear and you'll react, not thought and resisted fear. The thought of it now as it's not occurring, and is a story. Getting a mole tested for melanoma and waiting for the results, that unknowing but thinking of how you don't know and imagining unknowns, is the kind of fear I'm talking about. 

Got it. Thanks.

33 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

It seems that some kind of relief from those emotions are assumed to be found in death.

However, at the same time, what death holds is assumed to be unknown.

I think many folks, including even those who consider themselves to be 'theistic', adopts ever the more fully the materialistic paradigm, and it's resultant belief that "committing suicide" is possible, and all they have to do is to make the body stop breathing and the heart stop beating by any of the various methods. They totally assume that it is the end of life, and there is nothing after that.

Therefore, as far as these folks are concerned, "what death holds" is NOT "assumed to be unknown." The totally assume that death is THE END.