Guilt and sleep

Reena

I have been suffering from a problem whereby I tend to guilt myself a lot over little things.

Lately this tendency has got worse.

Yesterday I was trying to get some sleep but when I closed my eyes, my immediate thoughts were - "you don't work hard enough. You're trying to sleep. You could actually work in this time."

I do work hard on a farm and I get extremely exhausted after the work. I make my living that way. But lately I'm more obsessed with working and stressing myself out. I constantly felt guilty for sleeping to the point that I barely slept. Every time I tried closing my eyes, after 10 minutes I would wake up and stare into space and feel stressed out.

What should I tell myself to stop this guilt?

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

I asked my psychiatrist about it and her response was - "tell yourself that those who work that hard are crazy, unhealthy and robotic and I don't want to be that way."

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

28 minutes ago, Phil said:

How many hours do you work each week?

If you answer honestly, guilt isn’t felt, isn’t it so? 

Perhaps the exhaustion isn’t related to the work, but to not ‘doing the work’. 

How To Deal With Negative Emotion

I work hard and then I get exhausted. But I'm getting sort of obsessed with this routine. Days when I don't work hard I begin to feel anxious and guilty as though I didn't do my duty or that I didn't work hard. It's human body. Obviously everyday is not going to be same. Some days I have more energy. Usually if I work hard on a Monday, then Tuesday becomes a lazy day. Then I am back to working strong on Wednesday. It's like a pendulum swing. I think my body automatically winds down or signals to take rest. With my work commitments and goals, it's not easy for me to take large breaks. I have to stuff to complete by February 20. So I'm in a stressed out hectic mode. I'm pushing myself harder and harder. I don't know what else to do that will make me work despite the tiredness.

33 minutes ago, Phil said:

How many hours do you work each week?

Everyday 12-14 hours. Rest of the hours are spent in resting, breaks and cooking/eating.

You can't survive in India if you aren't working a minimum of 10 hrs/day.

Edited by Reena

1 minute ago, Phil said:

So 91 hours a week?

Yea

12 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Reena

Why do you work twice the hours of the average person in your country?

Work demand.

Just now, Phil said:

@Reena

Why isn’t the rest of the population of India subject to this work demand?

You don't live in India. Many are around me. Much harder than me. They don't even have the luxury to sleep. My dad used to sleep 4 hours. You act as though you know everything about my country. No you don't. 

2 minutes ago, Reena said:

You don't live in India. Many are around me. Much harder than me. They don't even have the luxury to sleep. My dad used to sleep 4 hours. You act as though you know everything about my country. No you don't. 

How would me living in India impact or change the average number of hours a person is working? I don’t see how that would have any impact at all. 

What do what those around you do have to do with what you do?

I’m not acting, I’m being. I don’t even know that there is knowing. 

Are you suggesting google (47 hours), Wikipedia (47 hours) and Business.OutlookIndia.com (47 hours) are all lying? 

1 hour ago, Reena said:

You can't survive in India if you aren't working a minimum of 10 hrs/day.

Isn't there a quite prominent cultural tradition of renouncing worldly life and focusing solely on spiritual practice in India? I mean the sadhus.

There must be an effortless way.

1 minute ago, Blessed2 said:

Isn't there a quite prominent cultural tradition of renouncing worldly life and focusing solely on spiritual practice in India? I mean the sadhus.

Not a tradition. But a large number of people are sick and tired of overwork and then the stress causes a lot of people to turn to spirituality to escape the burdens of a hard life. Living in a cave away from a stressful chaotic life definitely feels like paradise and I don't blame them. 

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

Are you suggesting google (47 hours), Wikipedia (47 hours) and Business.OutlookIndia.com (47 hours) are all lying? 

You use very extreme words. Your meditation and emotion work should make you a softer guy. 

Those figures are not true. It doesn't mean they are lying. Don't use the word "lying." Those are just false figures. One copies the other so you see all figures are same. Very few people from western nations actually ever bother to study India on an economic level. Most come only for the spiritual stuff. Yes you should live in a place for a really long time to know the general cultural trends of a country. What the fuck do you know about India? Not trying to be rude, but it's condescending to tell a person what they know better. Am I lying according to you??.?? 

I don't think so. 

What if I told you something about America after hearing and reading some bullshit from media and if the ground reality is different? 

I don't like this attitude. Respect the country a person belongs to. 

53 minutes ago, Reena said:

You use very extreme words. Your meditation and emotion work should make you a softer guy. 

How is judging me related to how many hours you work, and what the average in India is?

I can see how judgement would be exhausting, but I’m at a loss as to how your judgment has anything to do with me as I don’t share the same beliefs & are not per se feeling the corresponding judgements. 

Those figures are not true. It doesn't mean they are lying. Don't use the word "lying." Those are just false figures.

Are you saying Google, Wikipedia and Business.OutlookIndia.com are all publishing false figures?

One copies the other so you see all figures are same.

Google & Business.OutlookIndia.com get their statistical information from the ILO (International Labour Organisation). 

Wikipedia gets their statistical information from OECD, The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, which is essentially data compiled by 37 countries. 

Are you saying that the ILO & OECD are supplying Google, Wikipedia & Business.OutlookIndia.com with false information? 

Very few people from western nations actually ever bother to study India on an economic level.

To your point, I’ve never met anyone interested in that. 

Most come only for the spiritual stuff.

Yeah, westerners do seem to do that. As if This is going to be there. 

Yes you should live in a place for a really long time to know the general cultural trends of a country.

Not interested, thank you. 

What the fuck do you know about India?

That on average the people there work 47 hours a week, while you work 91, the food is really good, and ignorance is as rampant there as it is in the US. 

Not trying to be rude, but it's condescending to tell a person what they know better. Am I lying according to you??.?? 

As I’ve not said I know better, and you’re saying I have, yes, that would be lying. Is there an I lying to a you, no. 

I don't think so. 

What if I told you something about America after hearing and reading some bullshit from media and if the ground reality is different? 

Are you saying the statistical information from ILO, OECD, Google, Wikipedia & Business.OutlookIndia.com is “some bullshit”?

I don't like this attitude.

Go with a more resonating one. 

Respect the country a person belongs to. 

Self-respect is ample. 

How’s any of this contributing to you working less & making more? 

How are all of these accusations related to guilt? 

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

How is judging me related to how many hours you work, and what the average in India is?

I can see how judgement would be exhausting, but I’m at a loss as to how your judgment has anything to do with me as I don’t share the same beliefs & are not per se feeling the corresponding judgements.

People don't work all the same hours in a country. I have to work more hours because my job demands it. An average is not a figure relevant to a particular individual.

Are you saying Google, Wikipedia and Business.OutlookIndia.com are all publishing false figures?

Most likely. They could even publish figures from 4 decades ago and never change or update their records. Because it doesn't matter. Paper/internet/media is drastically different from ground reality.

Google & Business.OutlookIndia.com get’s their statistical information from the ILO (International Labour Organisation). 

Wikipedia get’s their statistical information from OECD, The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, which is essentially 37countries. 

Why do you believe these international organizations? I have never seen a single individual from these organizations visit our country. How many children die everyday in Africa? I bet they don't know. These institutions are old and only exist on paper for namesake. They get funded. That's all they care about. They are many international charities. Yet people around me are dirt poor. Why is that then? You gotta be kidding me if you believe any international organization actually does the work they are assigned. I have never seen any international organization investigate or talk about the human trafficking problem in India. So fuck these organizations. They only exist for fund money.

Are you saying that the ILO & OECD are supplying Google, Wikipedia & Business.OutlookIndia.com with false information? 

Obviously. Even western media is fully corrupt and full of false advertising and false information. The highest corruption is at the highest level. Like I said these institutions exist for fund money.

To your point, I’ve never met anyone interested in that. 

Yeah, westerners do seem to do that. As if This is going to be there. 

Not interested, thank you. 

That on average the people there work 47 hours a week, while you work 91, the food is really good, and ignorance is as rampant there as it is in the US. 

I do take breaks though. So because of my mental illness I often don't report to work when I'm on days I just don't have the energy due to my depression. So I don't clock in 91 hours. Forget the weekly hour rate. Keep it to day.. Because my work is a day job, paycheck to paycheck on a daily basis. So today the work hours can be 10-12 and tomorrow it can be zero. All I can say is that daily work hour limit is up to 12 hours a day. Week I'm not sure because often I quit every other day. They rotate workers so if I'm not available they use someone else to do the work.

As I’ve not said I know better, and you’re saying I have, yes, that would be lying. Is there an I lying to a you, no. 

Can't debate on that.

Are you saying the statistical information from ILO, OECD, Google, Wikipedia & Business.OutlookIndia.com is “some bullshit”?

Yep. Because I never see representatives from these organizations ever visit even an insect in my country. In reality Indians work beyond the normal 8-9 hours. Look at farmers in India.. Poor people have to work round the clocks. I think these organizations collect their info only from the IT sector where you could say the work hours are 47-48. But this is not representative of most sectors in India which invokes long hours and hard labor. So yes it's completely false. There's too much work related exploitation in India synonymous with human trafficking.

Go with a more resonating one. 

Self-respect is ample. 

Ok

How’s any of this contributing to you working less & making more? 

I make less and work more. That's what physical labor jobs are all about.

How are all of these accusations related to guilt? 

I have guilt coming from working hard. It becomes an addiction or a habit. Then when I try to rest I feel like I'm not doing enough. It's like I guilt myself for resting due to being habituated to extreme hard work. Maybe it's beyond your comprehension because you rich ass amurican never had to deal with something like that. You can collect welfare if you are not working. Your governments handles you with kid gloves.