For those who seek answers... (myself included)

Quote from David Hawakings book - "letting go" 

It hit me hard. Probably some of you might relate...

Try the endless varieties of psychotherapy. Take wonder drugs. Subscribe to lots of journals. Try the Pritikin diet. Eat just grapefruit. Get your palm read. Think New Age thought. Improve the ecology. Save the planet. Get an aura reading. Carry a crystal. Get a Hindu sidereal astrological interpretation. Visit a transmedium. Go for sex therapy. Try Tantric sex. Get blessed by Baba Somebody. Join an anonymous group. Travel to Lourdes. Soak in the hot springs. Join Arica. Wear therapeutic sandals. Get grounded. Get more prana and breathe out that stale black negativity. Try golden needle acupuncture. Check out snake gallbladders. Try chakra breathing. Get your aura cleaned. Meditate in Cheops, the great pyramid in Egypt. You and your friends have tried all of the above, you say? Oh, the human! You wonderful creature!

Tragic, comic and yet so noble! Such courage to keep on searching! What drives us to keep looking for an answer? Suffering? Oh, yes. Hope? Certainly. But there is something more than that. Intuitively, we know that somewhere there is an ultimate answer. We stumble down dark byways into cul-de-sacs and blind alleys; we get exploited and taken, disillusioned, fed up, and we keep on trying. Where is our blind spot? Why can’t we find the answer?

We don’t understand the problem; that’s why we can’t find the answer. Maybe it’s ultra simple, and that’s why we can’t see it. Maybe the solution is not “out there,” and that’s why we can’t find it. Maybe we have so many belief systems that we are blinded to the obvious.

Throughout history, a few individuals have reached great clarity and have experienced the ultimate solution to our human woes. How did they get there? What was their secret?

Why can’t we understand what they had to teach? Is it really next to impossible or nearly hopeless? What about the average person who is not a spiritual genius? Multitudes follow spiritual pathways, but scarce are the ones who finally succeed and realize the ultimate truth. Why is that?

We follow ritual and dogma and zealously practice spiritual discipline—and we crash once again! Even when it works, the ego quickly comes in and we are caught in pride and smugness, thinking we have the answers.

Oh, Lord, save us from the ones who have the answers! Save us from the righteous! Save us from the do-gooders! Confusion is our salvation. For the confused, there is still hope. Hang on to your confusion. In the end it is your best friend, your best defense against the deathliness of others’ answers, against being raped by their ideas. If you are confused, you are still free.

Edited by Forza21

On 4/13/2022 at 7:11 AM, Forza21 said:

Oh, Lord, save us from the ones who have the answers! Save us from the righteous! Save us from the do-gooders! Confusion is our salvation. For the confused, there is still hope. Hang on to your confusion. In the end it is your best friend, your best defense against the deathliness of others’ answers, against being raped by their ideas. If you are confused, you are still free.

Hmm, I don't see it this way. I hated being confused! I had a couple awakenings and I still had a lot of questions that I wanted answered. Someone I knew on a forum at the time befriended me and guided me to a Advaita Vedanta teacher and to another teacher I could also email and it cleared things up for me.

Not saying that's the way for everyone, but it was the way here. The challenge is no longer questioning what's going on or what is awakening, etc... it's more keeping stable within the realization. Nididhyasana is sometimes described as living and breathing the truth. 

You're a thought. Do you think a thought is going to occupy 'no thought'.

The 'changeless' can be realized only when the 
ever-changing thought-flow stops.

On 4/13/2022 at 1:11 PM, Forza21 said:

I love this🙏

Interesting, I think it is okay to share answers if you have them, but the rabbit hole goes down quite a ways and as I have found my answers, I've learned there is so much more to learn and have a pretty clear understanding of where/what I need to work on and what my limitations are.

Answers from others can be your best friend, you just need to learn to pick apart ones that serve you and throw away, or put on the backburner at least, ones that don't serve you.

The questions will never stop, and they shouldn't because the world is so complex, there is always something to learn - so no answer is going to lead to a resolution - the confusion is a good thing when you are learning because then you don't take an answer as the end all be all.  When I offer an answer - it comes from a lot of self reflection and spiritual work, but I'm not a teacher and never plan on becoming one.

I think the middle ground is to build up your own answers and questions and keep at them until you know what's up.  And when you get an indication of what's up, to learn that there is still so much more out there.  

I think the main problem is people become lazy and they try to look for solutions that are quick and painless that can help ground them.  With confusion comes a lot of distress so people can't remain in a confused state forever.  You're free from a lot of things when confused, but also it is a form of being ungrounded.  Not knowing, would perhaps be a better way to live then being confused.  Anything that I write should always be looked into first before taken as a fact - it is such an inwards process that you can't really look outwards.  We each get our own personal puzzle picture with unique pieces.  You need to get an idea of what a puzzle piece looks like for you, for your personal picture, and to remember that picture is an inwards process.  Always inwards.

One person's words or advice may not be enough, you should look at many many different sources to get an idea.  This is why journaling is such a great tool, because it allows you to go within and also to understand parts of yourself that you may not be able to see.

I tend to use a lot of pictures and music with my advice - I am not God realized or enlightened, but I do have some insight; just not the entire picture - I still seek pieces for my puzzle - but the pictures and music tend to speak in ways that words are simply not capable of doing.

My advice is to stop seeking, and instead try Bhakti yoga which involves prayer.  To send out gratitude, Love and humility to your fellow man, and everything that is alive.  When you send "out" energy, this allows and clears space for energy to come to you; which is much more effective than seeking.  Look for the miracles in the little things in day to day life, because God likes to hide in these things.  When you stop seeking and clear space - the answers will come to you automatically.  Tend to your consciousness bubble as a master gardener would tend to his plants - so all things within the bubble - bring to it that humbled energy, the Love and Light - share it, just as God shares it.

JCb6Gat.jpg

Just don't give your authority away to anyone while looking for answers.  You know what is best for you.  Feel into your heart and soul what you are looking for and sift through whatever you find that might be blocking it.  Get it all out.