Vegan High Protein Recipes

I feel nausea from most foods I normally eat and weak from not eating enough protein. I don't plan my meals so I end up not eating what I need. 

I would love for you to share any kind of vegan high protein recipes or just certain foods you like. Maybe even healthy dessert ❤️

@noomii what's important is to find high quality sources of protein that are vegan. 

A common misconception is that all proteins are the same. Protein is actually composed of essential amino acids and every "protein" you eat is actually a spectrum of the essential amino acids. 

So for example yea beans have "protein" but they don't contain the full range of amino acids that your body needs, so compared to other foods it isn't the best source of protein even though it'll say it has protein. 

As for vegan sources, soy protein (tofu) and pea protein seem to have the best blend of amino acids and they're also highly bioavailable. 

♾️

1 hour ago, Orb said:

@noomii what's important is to find high quality sources of protein that are vegan. 

A common misconception is that all proteins are the same. Protein is actually composed of essential amino acids and every "protein" you eat is actually a spectrum of the essential amino acids. 

So for example yea beans have "protein" but they don't contain the full range of amino acids that your body needs, so compared to other foods it isn't the best source of protein even though it'll say it has protein. 

As for vegan sources, soy protein (tofu) and pea protein seem to have the best blend of amino acids and they're also highly bioavailable. 

Yes I've thought about that too and I don't think I have enough of it.

I actually just ordered plain pea protein powder. I've been hesitant about trying it though because it's yellow peas and I don't think I tolerate it. Atleast I can try. 

Soy protein feels ok but I stopped eating it because of many sources saying it's not healthy.

There's something that feels off or incomplete with most legumes for me, which makes me want to eat meat, but meat feels off in a different way.

Edited by noomii

I like the vegan protein powders, garden of life and sunwarrior are the ones I've tried and like both brands. Combining rice and beans creates a more complete protein profile than eating them alone. Not vegan, but I eat sardines every other day. 

Youtube Channel  

3 hours ago, Mandy said:

I like the vegan protein powders, garden of life and sunwarrior are the ones I've tried and like both brands. Combining rice and beans creates a more complete protein profile than eating them alone. Not vegan, but I eat sardines every other day. 

I don't think I've eaten sardines before, are they the ones that smell awful? 😂

@noomii I was raised eating them so never had any judgements about them, but I know a lot of people hate them. :classic_biggrin: They are amazing with mustard and lemon juice.  The small king oscar brand ones are the best. I never buy the cheaper brands. It's kinda gross to eat the whole fish when they get bigger. 

Youtube Channel  

On 1/24/2024 at 2:27 PM, noomii said:

I feel nausea from most foods I normally eat and weak from not eating enough protein. I don't plan my meals so I end up not eating what I need. 

I would love for you to share any kind of vegan high protein recipes or just certain foods you like. Maybe even healthy dessert ❤️

Plenty of nice vegan protein sources. Also desserts. Check out this guy on youtube: Simnett Nutrition

That being said, ideally, work on your resistance to eating flesh foods and stop taking years away from your life for no good reason with the vegan nonsense. But that's entirely up to you.

57 minutes ago, ThePoint said:

Plenty of nice vegan protein sources. Also desserts. Check out this guy on youtube: Simnett Nutrition

That being said, ideally, work on your resistance to eating flesh foods and stop taking years away from your life for no good reason with the vegan nonsense. But that's entirely up to you.

What vegan nonsense?

On 1/24/2024 at 4:09 PM, noomii said:

meat feels off in a different way.

There's something that feels off or incomplete with most legumes

actually just ordered plain pea protein powder.

Soy protein feels ok but I stopped eating it because of many sources saying it's not healthy.

On 1/24/2024 at 2:27 PM, noomii said:

All of it and everything else you haven't yet verbalised

3 hours ago, ThePoint said:

All of it and everything else you haven't yet verbalised

Do you mean why not just eat meat if I don't feel good on a vegan diet or what?

I would like to let go of the thoughts about how I'm doing something wrong if I eat meat.  
Some sources have said meat is not good for digestion so that's also why I cut it out to see how it feels. The only thing I've noticed is that I feel a subtle heavier feeling just after eating meat but other than that it seem to be easily digested for me (except for chicken or pork that I don't eat). I eat grass-fed unprocessed meat. 

I don't really trust the feeling guidence and eating food simply because it feels good because I get distracted by what I believe is right or wrong and what other people say.

Not sure if most legumes feels off or if I'm exaggerating because I want to convince myself to eat meat. Also not sure if I'm intuitively drawn to eating meat or the opposite.

34 minutes ago, noomii said:

Do you mean why not just eat meat if I don't feel good on a vegan diet or what?

I would like to let go of the thoughts about how I'm doing something wrong if I eat meat.  
Some sources have said meat is not good for digestion so that's also why I cut it out to see how it feels. The only thing I've noticed is that I feel a subtle heavier feeling just after eating meat but other than that it seem to be easily digested for me (except for chicken or pork that I don't eat). I eat grass-fed unprocessed meat. 

I don't really trust the feeling guidence and eating food simply because it feels good because I get distracted by what I believe is right or wrong and what other people say.

Not sure if most legumes feels off or if I'm exaggerating because I want to convince myself to eat meat. Also not sure if I'm intuitively drawn to eating meat or the opposite.

Listen to your body, that's as simple as it gets. I've done vegetarian and now I'm back to eating everything since I'm a complete foodie!

Nowadays with so much info on the web people are actually eating words and ideas more than food unfortunately. And those ideas don't sit well in the stomach. 

Personally, I just eat food and say fuck it this is infinite intelligence I believe in this body! Heck yeah! Way more empowering than believing every food is unhealthy or gluten soy etc.  

♾️

@noomii  You already have a lot of good insights.

39 minutes ago, noomii said:

Some sources have said meat is not good for digestion so that's also why I cut it out to see how it feels.

It does! But mainly in the case of low-quality meats as well as overeating it. 

40 minutes ago, noomii said:

The only thing I've noticed is that I feel a subtle heavier feeling just after eating meat but other than that it seem to be easily digested for me (except for chicken or pork that I don't eat).

That can have so many reasons.

You might want to try squeezing lemon into a glass of water and sipping it slowly with your meal. If it makes you feel good (or simply not heavy, sluggish, dull etc.), then you already have a digestive issue (try digestive enzymes and human-grade probiotics).

44 minutes ago, noomii said:

I eat grass-fed unprocessed meat. 

The only way to go forward - so well done. Especially if you're in the US. 

45 minutes ago, noomii said:

That's a really good insight. People literally can't say what's right for you. Not a single expert. Not a PhD in nutrition. The most obvious example would be a food pyramid which has shifted numerous times throughout the years and still doesn't work. It is about developing a relationship with your body. How does the entire society get away with not taking responsibility for their own food choices? Honestly still boggles me.

When you feed yourself a good variety of quality foods you will instinctually start craving things that are good for you (it works the same as fast food cravings). If you want something more down to earth you can try muscle testing.

For example, I train martial arts 6-7 days a week. If I go light, i.e. stick or weapon fighting I might not crave meat at all for a few days. If I add in kickboxing or some jiujitsu I definitely have some bacon for breakfast. If I add in strength training during a week then my body straight away lets me know we eat a steak for dinner. 

What your body wants/needs will always be affected by your activity levels and types, thoughts/emotions, weather, and your current state of the body (for example after flying a plane and inhaling a shitload of toxins you might feel like eating a salad with a lot of leafy greens to help you detoxify).

And there can be so many reasons why you feel the way you feel - it's just guessing without having a deeper look into your life in general.

If I were you I'd jump on an anti-fungal diet for a week. If you were to have fungi die off you'd know after 3-4 days as you'd feel like crap, kind of flu-like symptoms (dead fungi release a lot of toxins, might be worth supporting your liver with milk thistle or something else).

55 minutes ago, noomii said:

And that's really about perception. When you get out of the materialist paradigm you see that the food you eat becomes you. You allow a cow to see the World through human eyes. And the cow feeds and nourishes you. In a sense a form of symbiosis. Beautiful 😍

@noomii  It does! But mainly in the case of low-quality meats as well as overeating it. 

That can have so many reasons.

You might want to try squeezing lemon into a glass of water and sipping it slowly with your meal. If it makes you feel good (or simply not heavy, sluggish, dull etc.), then you already have a digestive issue (try digestive enzymes and human-grade probiotics).

@ThePoint Thank you for your input 😊

I was told a few years ago that I have SIBO and dysbiosis. 

Meat have been like a safety net giving me what I need without triggers, it's just recently I paid attention to that subtle feeling from meat. I've heard other people saying meat feels more heavy than veggies so maybe it's common.

And there can be so many reasons why you feel the way you feel - it's just guessing without having a deeper look into your life in general.

If I were you I'd jump on an anti-fungal diet for a week. If you were to have fungi die off you'd know after 3-4 days as you'd feel like crap, kind of flu-like symptoms (dead fungi release a lot of toxins, might be worth supporting your liver with milk thistle or something else).

I've been on anti-candida diet last year for quite a long time, eating a lot of anti-fungal foods and used oregano oil several rounds, but it didn't work, at least not the way I did it.

I haven't tested for candida infection but I got typical candida symptoms and die offs that I've never had before, after using a supplement that people easily get candida from. 

Then Mandy here recommended me to cut out oil and eggs among other things, and I was able to start eating a bunch of fruits again. 

I wasn't able to eat any fruit sugars for most of last year (I still don't eat any refined sugars). 

I thought I had to avoid fruit sugars and to follow the anti-candida diet, but apparently it wasn't true. 

I don't know, although I feel better I think I still have some candida overgrowth if I eat certain things. I ate pea/soy balls yesterday and felt pain, I seem to only feel that from candida.

I think what I need to heal digestion is to question beliefs, allowing emotions and to relax.

4 hours ago, Orb said:

Listen to your body, that's as simple as it gets. I've done vegetarian and now I'm back to eating everything since I'm a complete foodie!

Nowadays with so much info on the web people are actually eating words and ideas more than food unfortunately. And those ideas don't sit well in the stomach. 

Personally, I just eat food and say fuck it this is infinite intelligence I believe in this body! Heck yeah! Way more empowering than believing every food is unhealthy or gluten soy etc.  

❤️😄 

I'm going to eat some meat tomorrow. I'd like to try bone broth sometime too.
Funny how this thread turned around 

@noomii Interesting!!

How have you been treated for SIBO/disbiosis?  Anything specific?

What was your anti-candida? Kaufmann protocol type?

When it comes to anti-fungal diets and fruit sugars I'd definitely avoid them for the first two weeks. +Probiotics is an absolute must after having your gut massacred.

49 minutes ago, noomii said:

I paid attention to that subtle feeling from meat

Do you have a similar response from other proteins? Tofu, lentils, cheeses...?

I haven't tested for candida infection

There's no point. There can be so many fungi/parasites inside you (not implying that there are) that there are no tests for. We live in a sort of medical dark age right now.

Then Mandy here recommended me to cut out oil and eggs among other things, and I was able to start eating a bunch of fruits again. 

Yeah, she's the last person I'd listen to in terms of any nutritional advice. Her workout/diet journal could traumatise a practitioner who then has to figure out how people like her get random diseases. Especially since these take time to develop.

But that's a good insight!

Have you ever tried a rotational diet? 

Oils/proteins are the things your immune system defends against when you repeatedly eat the same thing a few days in a row (or generally in excess). Then it can give you an allergy that lasts for a certain period (from days to months to years). And these can cause all kinds of shit honestly. Any symptom you could think of.

I think what I need to heal digestion is to question beliefs, allowing emotions and to relax.

Definitely. Stress is your biggest digestive killer. And emotions rule the bowel. Around 90-95% of western world is constipated and a big chunk is unaware of it.

Try some shadow work if you will. Most if not all cases of leaky gut, a constant need to pee, and some other syndromes 'unexplained by science' I heal through shadow work with my clients.

Another thing you might want to try if you haven't already is eating a good variety of meals and keeping track of it for 1-2 weeks. Literally, everything you eat and drink, times, how you feel, your symptoms. It's often so eye-opening. 

And most importantly, hopefully, you already do that, drink clean water that's not soft and has pH>7 (so I'd assume most decent mineral water brands, but certainly not all of them). It's your main detoxifier, And I mean clean, no tea, coffee, juices, mixed powders or anything like that. 

If you ever feel like trying a rotation diet I can pm you a diagram.

Enjoy your meat tomorrow!

Edited by ThePoint

17 hours ago, ThePoint said:

@noomii Interesting!!

How have you been treated for SIBO/disbiosis?  Anything specific?

I've done protocols with antimicrobial herbal blends, garlic extract and probiotics. Didn't work for me. I was also treated for H. Pylori infection with herbal tea but no idea if that even worked.

@noomii What was your anti-candida? Kaufmann protocol type?

When it comes to anti-fungal diets and fruit sugars I'd definitely avoid them for the first two weeks. +Probiotics is an absolute must after having your gut massacred.

https://www.thecandidadiet.com/anti-candida-diet/

Yes I used probiotics after oregano oil.

@noomii 

Do you have a similar response from other proteins? Tofu, lentils, cheeses...?

No. Meat felt good today.

Yeah, she's the last person I'd listen to in terms of any nutritional advice. Her workout/diet journal could traumatise a practitioner who then has to figure out how people like her get random diseases. Especially since these take time to develop.

Why?

What kind of practitioner are you?

22 hours ago, ThePoint said:

That's a really good insight. People literally can't say what's right for you. Not a single expert. Not a PhD in nutrition. The most obvious example would be a food pyramid which has shifted numerous times throughout the years and still doesn't work. It is about developing a relationship with your body. How does the entire society get away with not taking responsibility for their own food choices? Honestly still boggles me.

When talking with @Mandy I get the impression she's eating what feels good for her.

Have you ever tried a rotational diet? 

Oils/proteins are the things your immune system defends against when you repeatedly eat the same thing a few days in a row (or generally in excess). Then it can give you an allergy that lasts for a certain period (from days to months to years). And these can cause all kinds of shit honestly. Any symptom you could think of.

No I haven't but it sounds like something I need. I try to eat a variety of foods but it feels a bit difficult with planning new meals at the moment and easily feel nausea from eating things too regularly, when I take a break for a while it goes away but it easily comes back.

You can send the diagram to me.

And most importantly, hopefully, you already do that, drink clean water that's not soft and has pH>7 (so I'd assume most decent mineral water brands, but certainly not all of them). It's your main detoxifier, And I mean clean, no tea, coffee, juices, mixed powders or anything like that. 

Why not tea?

3 hours ago, noomii said:

https://www.thecandidadiet.com/anti-candida-diet/

Yes I used probiotics after oregano oil.

If you ever feel like trying an antifungal diet again try this one:

image.thumb.png.74903064f8e59e721135d2638e37c788.png

I'd also remove any nuts, seeds, fruits for the first week, and dairy for the entire duration (unless you can get raw milk/raw goat milk or cheese). 

Why?

What kind of practitioner are you?

I could write a book using her 30-day challenge journal, but I don't have time for that. I am the kind of practitioner that medical people refer to when they don't know what to do with their patient 😁 or after they fuck them up unknowingly.

When talking with @Mandy I get the impression she's eating what feels good for her.

For a typical American SAD diet feels good, for a carnivore meat diet feels good, for a vegan, a vegan diet feels good etc. It doesn't mean it feels good for their body. And you can see it in her notes. She is malnourished at this point. But I only know her habits from this journal, don't know what her goals were or how she does things daily. Love people blaming mood swings and lack of energy on the weather and eating too much.

Why not tea?

Simply because of what the role of water is in the detoxification/hydration process. 2l of clean mineral water =/= 2l of tea. Nothing against tea, unless the caffeine messes you up, it just is not a substitute. Try drinking proper good water for a week and you'll see quite obvious changes (assuming you don't already).

I'll pm you the thing when I come back home sometime. 

@ThePoint The journal was just an experiment to see what happened if I wrote down what I ate and did for exercise. I wanted to get stronger and slim down, and I got stronger and slimmer than I've been since high school 18 years ago. The whole process was quite fun I thought, so fun I repeated the 30 days a second time through. I wasn't going for nutritionist perfection but I've had more energy and felt pretty great for most of the time, with some lows and highs, as is the course of daily life.

Why don't you do the same for 60 days? It would be a far clearer look into how you have discovered is ideal to eat for you than any advice given to another. 

Also, please keep in mind that women of childbearing age have different nutritional needs than men, feel better eating different foods than men do, vary immensely individually, and those needs vary over the course of their cycles, in addition there are hormone changes that can affect mood.  

Youtube Channel  

21 minutes ago, Mandy said:

@ThePoint The journal was just an experiment to see what happened if I wrote down what I ate and did for exercise. I wanted to get stronger and slim down, and I got stronger and slimmer than I've been since high school 18 years ago. The whole process was quite fun I thought, so fun I repeated the 30 days a second time through. I wasn't going for nutritionist perfection but I've had more energy and felt pretty great for most of the time, with some lows and highs, as is the course of daily life.

Why don't you do the same for 60 days? It would be a far clearer look into how you have discovered is ideal to eat for you than any advice given to another. 

Also, please keep in mind that women of childbearing age have different nutritional needs than men, and those needs vary over the course of their cycles, if addition there are hormone changes that can affect mood.  

Not judging or asking. Just stating objective facts looking at what you've written.

Have fun in whatever way you want.

I'm not giving anyone advice,  I'm helping people find their answers and understand the guidance their body gives them (something you ignore completely as far as I'm aware, but I, of course, might be wrong knowing you only from a couple of your journal posts), I do that very well and I get paid more than I imagined I would ever be. 

I've helped maybe around two hundred women now with fertility issues, post-pregnancy issues, repeated miscarriages etc. I'm quite okay in terms of understanding the nature of women's bodies (as opposed to most women who are completely disconnected from it and sadly push it onto others, their family, or internet strangers thinking they're doing a good deed). But thanks for the concern.